Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Young Man with Long Hair Hair Gloss

Chestnut and mahogany with black coconut, vanilla, and a drop of tobacco absolute.

Oo, woody black coconut and vanilla!

The image accompanying this blend for me is a wooden beach house I stayed in with some friends in Costa Rica, but with a stray wisp of moist tobacco smoke added in. The black coconut and vanilla blend well together, as do the nutty woods, with a pinch of lush tobacco alongside.

Quite like this one.

This scent is addictive (I actually immediately ordered a backup bottle after my first day trying it out!)

I mostly get a buttery, nutty chestnut when it first goes on, backed up by what I think is the mahogany, and then the vanilla and tobacco to round it out. After initial application, some of the nuttiness fades, although it stays right near the forefront. I don't detect any black coconut, at least that I can pick out. (Edited to try to add a little more detail, although I am terrible at describing scents XD)

This is the kind of smell that has me periodically huffing at my hair to try to catch a whiff of it.

Edited by Vashtya

I'm still pretty new to the Post's hair glosses, but of the 10 or so I have tried, this is a definite favorite, tied with my other favorite (which is admittedly, tonally very different) Eat the Cherries and Look at the Flowers.

Young Man with Long Hair is elegant, dark, and sexy. The wood notes are strongest on me and they're rich, gorgeous wood... nothing even approaching hamster cage territory. There was a pronounced, interesting nuttiness to the woods at first, but it disappears after a while. Happily, the next strongest (and lasting) note is the tobacco which is closer to French Tobacco than the Bulgarian variety. I don't get a whole lot of the coconut or vanilla, but there is a sweetness that tempers this from being overtly masculine, so I assume that is their contribution.

When I first wore this, I paired it with So Below and it was a gorgeous combination. Highly recommend this HG to anyone who loves rich woods and tobacco blends!

When just smelling the bottle, I mostly get the black coconut and vanilla with a smooth nutty undertone. The chestnut doesn't scream at you, but it definitely sets this HG apart from the rest and deepens it a bit. Seems pretty unisex but probably more 'masculine leaning'.

Right after application (wet hair) this smelled very warm/cozy and how I wish every person in my life smelled. I've now learned that coconut turns to powder on me so I'm super bummed about this. If only it stayed true!

This is wonderful. Surprisingly it feels like a sibling or cousin to Under the Maple Boughs, to me; there's that same woody base with a sweetness on top that's just a touch foodie, full, and rich. The chestnut is definitely the star in this one, with something like a sugared crust on top, all sitting on a dark wood table. It all blends perfectly into a single warm scent that's truly unisex, in my opinion. As a bonus, this is the only BPAL coconut I've tried that doesn't go super dry on me, so the whole thing stays kind of roasty and smooth.

Wow, this is rich and sugary. Like toffee. Not really getting the coconut (so sad!) though I can smell it in the bottle. It's nutty, but more than anything reminds me of a butter tart with nuts in it. Rather confusing! But very yummy. I am sad though, I had hoped for woody coconut. I am desperate for a coconut hair gloss that works for me!

Chestnut, sugary vanilla, and a touch of tobacco. This actually smelled like maple syrup to mr. zee_zee. The following conversation ensued.

mr. zee_zee: "Something smells like maple syrup"

me: "It's a me!"

mr. zee_zee: "So you're Mario's canadian cousin who spends his entire day in a sugar shack? What's a good Canadian name? Justin. Justin is a good Canadian name, because you can say JUS-TIN-E, and it sounds French, but it's really just Justin."

So the Young Man with Long Hair has a name in our house. And it's Justin.

Black coconut and tobacco. I'm in heaven.

Just another shoutout for how much I'm enjoying this.

Edited by Carrie