Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lambent

The Moon Reflected in Every Rice Paddy Hair Gloss

Madagascan vanilla, rice powder, iris root, and pale musk.

Of the Lupercalia hair glosses I sniffed, The Moon Reflected in Every Rice Paddy made the greatest first impression. On that note, I actually tried it out in my hair and it's a beautiful, creamy, almost marshmallow-y scent without being saccharine. Not too dry or powdery. I'm seriously considering a full bottle.

I love Moon Reflected!

From the notes, I thought this might be a vanilla powder bomb, but ordered it anyway because I love vanilla and rice milk. And it smells like creamy malted vanilla rice milk powder -- if there were such a thing -- without that much powder! I suppose it's like the drink has been mixed: you can smell that it came from some malted powder, but now it's smooth and vanilla and creamy.

The rice is subtle after it dries, and the iris keeps it from seeming foodie to me. The musk doesn't stand out at all.

My favorite of the hair glosses from this year's Lupercalia update! On me, The Moon Reflected in Every Rice Paddy reminds me of the underpinnings of Enveloped In Silk HG (like, if you took away the strawberries and cream). In Enveloped in Silk, there's white musk and orris root, and In Moon Reflected there's pale musk and iris root, so I think that explains why there's a happy echo for me.

The vanilla and rice powder of this gloss makes it very unique, and gives a starchy-sweet, powdery coating to this light musky confection. I'll test again, but at least today, it's so light that it almost disappears in my hair after blow-drying. I catch the slightest trail of it every once in a while, but it's so gentle that I could wear it to work without disturbing anyone who's sensitive to scent.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: The only note I was iffy on was the iris root.Love vanilla and musk.

In the Bottle: Very vanilla, lightly musk, and a dash of rice that makes me think of Aunt Rosie's All-Purpose Cephalopod Bath Oil.

On Wet Hair: Wow, this goes strongly to the rice powder. It's all powder all the time and right now I really don't like it.

After the Blowdry: Okay, not quite so much powder. There's more musk and a little more vanilla.

Later in the Day: I don't usually notice much of a shift in hair gloss scent after I've dried my hair, but later on, I started getting a lovely waft of vanilla musk from my hair that lasted into the evening.

Verdict: I think this could be the first time I've experienced such a morph in the hair glosses. That wet stage truly had me rethinking my purchase. But once it settles it is marvelously low-key sexy on me. I might need a backup bottle.

Edited by puck_nc

A similar rice note to Boomslang, but for me it's better without the cocoa - it blends perfectly with the vanilla and musk. I can't tell what iris root smells like, but I imagine something grounding it. For me the scent is quite strong - I applied after blowdrying my hair. It's lasted 8 hours and is still going strong. It smells sticky-sweet yet refined and comes in lovely wafts when my hair moves or when I run my fingers through it.

Love. I'd want this in perfume form too.

This is going to be a hit with vanilla/cream lovers. Though there's no cream, it almost smells like decadent creamy marshmallows. It's not foody or overly sweet, say compared to A Breathless Chuckle. It is similar, but has more depth than Stekkiarstaur. In a way it reminds me of something that belongs to the Vulva family. Specifically Glowing Vulva - not quite exactly the same, but definitely very close sisters. Also Volcano in Springtime.

In the bottle, you can distinctly smell the vanilla and rice powder.

I tried this on my skin first as an all over moisturizer. The scent from the bottle combines into a beautiful rich creamy marshmallow goodness. It has decent throw. I kept smelling the palm of my hand. It is so good. Makes me think of being wrapped in a fluffy soft cream blanket.

I was worried it wouldn't smell as good in my hair and it would smell more like what was in the bottle. Nope. Also the same marshmallow creaminess. I kept turning my head today to catch wisps of the scent in my hair.

This is a scent you can wear all the time. I absolutely love it. My favorite of all the Lupers this year!

Oh my, this is nice. It's light and subtle, but when I toss my hair, I get a cloud of vanilla and rice that is pure delight. I only got a decant of this, but this is definitely bottle worthy. Must buy more! I think this would pair well with Hungry Ghost Moon. Don't be scared of the iris root -- it's not prominent at all.

I get vanillic rice powder from this gloss. There may be some iris root in there, but I have to smell for it.

This one is soft, both in the fact that the throw is lower than other glosses and the scent itself. It's a nice comfortable, go-with-everything scent.

I have been longing so much for a vanilla hair gloss! (I long for vanilla-all-the-things, really).

Oh this is yummy. It reminds me of a less sweet, dry-without-being-powdery marshmallow. With a hint of grass? It smells like Easter! Lol. Really good. This is one of those "I can wear this with almost anything" kind of glosses, like Boo. It's quite light. I really enjoy it, and will use my bottle, but it's not quite the strong creamy vanilla gloss I was hoping for. It'll do for now though. ;)

This is a lovely scent indeed, and could easily become my favorite hair gloss. I'm surprised that no one yet has compared it to Antique Lace... I'm wearing both today, and I'm in a lovely almost-powdery vanilla cloud.

So, confession time: I'm not usually a vanilla fiend - I like it as a component in scents, but I'm not in favor of it if it's super-foody. A decant of this HG only wandered into my order belatedly, because I was curious about its combination with rice, musk, and orris root and I did have the money to spare.

At first, I liked it, but didn't love it. However, then, I found myself reaching for it again... and again... and again...

By now, it's probably my favorite of the Luper hair glosses. As others have mentioned above, it's not overly sweet or foody, unobtrusive, and goes with a wide range of other scents, but even when I'm only wearing it by itself, I can't stop sniffing my hair. I've just ordered a full bottle.

This is so perfect it's almost hard for me to describe. Fresh, powdery, vanillic? The notes seem simple but this is anything but.

It's just perfect, I have to say that again and again. So light and soft. Just when you start thinking you cant smell it, you turn your head and get a nice whiff. Not overpowering or overly sweet, but not so light that it disappears. I have never gotten so many compliments from a hair gloss before. I don't think 1 bottle is enough.

Wow, is this some beautiful stuff! Sprayed twice on my dry hair this morning and I keep catching whiffs of myself when I turn my head. This is gorgeous creamy vanilla and sweet dry rice powder. The musk is just ever so slightly peeking through, and I don't get any of the iris root (which is fine by me, this stuff is gorgeous without it). It definitely has some staying power - I've tried 5 or 6 other hair glosses and the scents all faded to nothing after an hour or so - this has been going strong for a good 8 hours now.....and by strong I mean the gorgeous scent is still there, by no means is this cloying or overpowering. I may need another bottle!

I can't do scents like this. I've tried, over and over. I keep getting Lupers with cream and rice milk and sweetness, hoping like crazy they'll work... And every time I'm disappointed.

Which is why I'm shocked as hell that I love this. LOVE it. Like, buying another bottle, LOVE it. Hag Grey is my go to top fave HG, carefully hoarded, but this one is joining the pantheon of faves. So beautiful. I like this better than Stekk, and I feel like they're siblings.

This reminds me of warmed milk my mother makes, yet it does not scream foody, but it's sweet vanilla, with a warmth from the musk.

In the bottle this smells like play dough with a few chocolate truffles mushed into it. However I only gave the bottle a sniff after I had applied it to my hair. This is an utterly gorgeous scent applied. So deliciously otherworldly, warm, and sweet. I truly love this scent that evokes a sight I have the luxury to see often in this beautiful country.