Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Test of Strength Hair Gloss

Cardamom-infused tobacco with honey, tonka bean, and vanilla cream.

Test of Strength on me is a surprisingly spicy (nearly peppery) tobacco sweetened with a light touch of honey, paired with a softer side that's mostly tonka, but with a little vanilla showing up now and then.

The cardamom is more potent and pepper-like than I expected, but some of the spicy thing might be coming from this specific tobacco -- they blend well.

This feels like a very dual-natured, yin-yang fragrance to me, with the punch from spiced tobacco paired with softer tonka-vanilla. The notes on each end blend well with each other, but don't quite come together -- yin and yang stay separate, a little bit of honey in between.

Spicy, cardamom and tobacco. Touch of tonka. This one is a very heavy tobacco blend on me. Much more masculine than I anticipated.

This is glorious! On me it's honey-heavy, which is not a problem at all. I smell all the other notes too; tonka and cardamom are strongest, with a touch of perfumey tobacco and the vanilla cream weaving between everything else. Perhaps this is a chemistry thing, but on me it actually blends together perfectly, so much that it almost smells like a single note at times. Because of the other notes it reads sort of like a honey truffle, or maybe honeyed flowers. This will basically go with everything I own, plus it has great throw and staying power.

I've died and gone to tobacco heaven. Test of Strength is exactly what I was hoping it would be; a chewy, decadent, tobacco-forward scent. To me it smells like french tobacco, although that could be a slight illusion thanks to the other notes lending a sweet richness to the blend. I honestly can't pick out those other individual notes at all, really. This is as close to a French Tobacco SN hair gloss as I have, and I love it!

Oh this is so good. Honey and tobacco with hints of cardamom and vanilla cream. Somewhere in the same vein as Black Vanilla and Cardamom, but not the same. This is to die for, I can't stop huffing it. This is going to be a favourite of mine for sure.

i smell cardamom and honey at first and it's very rich and golden. the tobacco comes in later adding depth to the scent. tonka and vanilla are in the background. a lovely scent! i really love the tobacco in this especially. <3

I love this Hair Gloss. I bought a decant of it from a while ago and now it is the ONLY hair gloss I will wear. It's very French Tobacco smokey, with a hint of sweetness from a figgy vanilla. The cardamom gives this a very slightly spiced scent, and my hair feels amazing and tangle free afterwards. BPAL's tonka can turn plastic on me, but not when it's in my hair! The honey is also a complement with the hair gloss base rather than a strong note, which works for me as I don't normally love BPAL's honey (can give headaches).
TLDR: Test of Strength is delicious. Please send me bottles if you are not wanting yours ❤️