Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lambent

Kamisuki Hair Gloss

Cherry blossoms, white tea, vanilla orchid, and a drop of strawberry.

The simplest way to describe Kamisuki is "shampoo-like." It reminds me of Herbal Essences in a way (not that that's a bad thing). I think I get the cherry blossoms most prominently, although on the first spray I forgot to shake it and it ended up smelling very much of strawberry. It's a nice springtime scent and one you can spray on when it's hot out or you want to smell inoffensive. Also the bottle art. Let's not forget how gorgeous the bottle art is. :wub2: Quite fitting that it's of a woman combing her (presumably) just-washed hair.

Pink lemonade?

I get strawberries, but on my skin, I read Kamisuki as something like strawberry pink lemonade. No lemony sourness or sharpness, not even really lemony, just an overall impression. I haven't played much with lab or post cherry blossom, so maybe this is just what it does on my skin.

Young girlish and a bit artificial; the latter is an impression I hope more use of it will get me past. I may end up adding a little Vanilla Orchid SN and seeing what that does.

My favorite art of the Lupers this year.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I like all four of these notes.

In the Bottle: That's an awfully big drop of strawberry. I get lots of strawberry, a little cherry blossom and maybe the orchid.

On Wet Hair: I get the same citrus impression that Casablanca did. Strawberry candy and something lemony. And a bit of the tea. Very sweet and girlish.

After Blowdrying: This calms down pretty quickly on me to a very quiet spring floral.

Verdict: I will try a couple more times before I decide on keeping or passing it on. It's super-quiet this first time on me.

I can see how Kamisuki could be seen as "shampoo-like" but it's much nicer than just ordinary shampoo to me.

Cherry blossoms and white tea come out to play first, but as it settles down the strawberry makes an appearance. It shifts from the back to tying with the cherry blossoms. I don't really get any vanilla orchid out of this.

This is a very non-offensive hairgloss that you could wear anywhere and no one would bat an eye. Appropriate for all occasions and ages (as long as the label art was... concealed for the youngins).

Agree with the shampoo-like, in a 100% positive way. It's fresh and fruity and delicious. I get lots of cherry blossom and tea with gentle vanilla orchid, and only a hint of strawberry that manifests in an undertone of fruitiness. It's quite creamy and light, and reminds me a bit of Reflected Vulva in its cherry blossom creaminess. It's not artificial to my nose, though it's close. Lasts around 12 hours, but it's light enough that I can apply one spray to my dry hair without making it all oily. Overall big winner with this one.

Cherry blossoms with a drop of strawberry is the perfect way to describe it. I would not describe it as a floral hair gloss because the strawberry keeps it from being "floral" smelling. And the strawberry note in Kamisuki is a beautiful realistic strawberry! It smells like it is "shampoo-like" in the bottle, however once it is sprayed onto my hands then rubbed into the ends of my hair it becomes a very fresh, real cherry blossom scent. It definitely does not smell like fake cherry blossoms. If you have tried the very strong/perfumey cherry blossom lotion from Bath and Body Works, this smells nothing like it and that is a good thing. I do not find Kamisuki to be a perfumey cherry blossom hair gloss. It is very fresh, clean, and uplifting. No musk or artificial smell. Kamisuki is the real deal if you want a true cherry blossom scent. It smells like real cherry blossoms in full bloom. No vanilla orchid detectable which is great cause I am not a big fan of orchid as it can be very overpowering in scents. This is very innocent yet romantic. It is more complex and elegant than many "floral" scents I've tried, yet it is very wearable for daytime!

Edited by VioletVorpal

Cherry, white tea and maybe a kiss of strawberry. This one smells clean, spring-like and like the best shampoo you've ever wanted. Will definitely keep!

So I tore myself away from Moon Reflected for a brief moment to try using this, and it's gorgeous. Agree with all the reviewers - it's refreshing white tea and cherry blossom, with strawberry adding sweet fruitiness, making the blend gourmand, not floral. In my hair, it's more than a drop of strawberry - I'd say it's equal parts strawberry, cherry blossom, and white tea. It screams sunny, breezy spring day to me, so I'll go back to Moon Reflected and IBT while the temperatures are still in the single digits here, but I imagine this will be my go-to soon.

I really wish Ted would sell soap/shampoo/co-wash/conditioner with this scent. They would be marvelous.

On both my hair and my skin, that drop of strawberry multiplies and mingles with the cherry blossom while the orchid plays quietly with the white tea, both peeking out from the background now and then. The effect is fresh without being astringent and sweet without being cloying. The scent of Kamisuki perfectly encapsulates the playful and passionate vigor of burgeoning infatuation and for me, it's a definite keeper.

Edited by ozthewild

Definitely more than a drop of Strawberry. I don't really get the cherry blossom but the white tea does tamper the strawberry some - keeping it extra light and airy. It's a fairly youthful summery scent.

I bought this to use in my daughters hair but I love it too!! It is a little shampoo-like but a REALLY good shampoo!!! I get a lot of strawberry and a lot of cherry blossom-no tea and maybe a tiny bit of the vanilla orchid-love!!!!

I didn't try this originally because the notes aren't me AT ALL, but then I saw reviews saying it smells like shampoo, and I had to have it!! I have been looking for HG that smells like shampoo so I can get away with wearing it to work but still get the benefits of it that I have come to rely on.

Sprayed on my shirt for ease of sniffing - yep, a bit like shampoo! But gorgeous, fruity/floral shampoo. So clean and lovely smelling. I adore it and am so glad I snagged a bottle, it's perfect.

Yep, I'll throw my hat in the ring with the others in saying that this is totally a clean, fresh, fancy shampoo. The cherry blossom gives a light, sweet floral note that accompanies the slightly sharper tea note very well, and if I try really hard I can just barely catch a glimpse of the strawberries hiding in there as well. This is a perfect hair gloss for those days that you need something a bit more neutral, or professional, as I have a hard time seeing anyone being offended by this blend. I wish I got more strawberries from it, but it is so beautiful and refreshing that my bottle will still be getting plenty of use.

This is absolutely gorgeous! Like other reviewers said, this is incredibly wearable in professional settings but without the "boring" stigma that come with office friendly scents. Cherry blossoms and strawberries are two of my all time favorite notes, and I love tea and florals as well, so I knew this would be a hit. This is a lovely hairgloss to wear in spring especially. It's very ethereal and bright and would pair well with many of the lab's lighter florals and Shunga.

i agree with the assessment that this is a ‘safer’ scent, but it is actually a favorite of mine. the cherry blossom and strawberry are soft, not quite shampoo-y, but just smell as if you have incredible, beautiful hair. it’s not cloying or overly sweet,  but it’s not green either. 

the vanilla orchid ‘fills up’ the background of the scent so it doesn’t feel hollow. 

i can’t imagine someone disliking this.