Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

A Joyful Scene of Merriment and Pleasure Atmosphere Spray

Golden amber and gilded vanilla with patchouli, white cedar, and caramelized sandalwood.

Warm and golden, this flickers very much like sunshine on a cool, spring day in a wooded garden with perfect, nectar dripping blossoms all around. I get the amber upfront along with the shining sandalwood and dry cedar. The woody notes aren't overpowering and settle down into a soft, balancing basenote. The patch is in the background, but comes out as it dries, adding a very light spice. Okay, so now i'm going to gush a little bit. The vanilla is GORGEOUS in the background. Delicately sweet, all the notes together make the whole blend enchanting and I can't stop spraying it! It's a definite mood lifter and makes all my stuff smell like a warm, wooded tree-lined flower patch on a floating cloud day.

UPDATE: I had to get a back-up bottle of this one!
Edited by Jenjin

This atmo is GORGEOUS. I usually just get decants of atmos because I have SO MANY, but as soon as I saw the notes of this one I pre-ordered one from DSLE. This was an excellent call on my part. So, so good. The golden amber comes through, sweetened by vanilla, grounded by patch. The cedar and sandalwood add a smooth, woody incense to it. Just stunning.

If these sound like your notes then run, don't walk, and get a bottle of this, because I have a feeling down the road it will be as sought after as the L'Estate atmo is... it's in that same incensy-amber vein, but I like it a lot better because it doesn't have the cloying bit of floral to it.

I want my house to smell like this always. To me THIS is the smell of opening a BPAL box (because all my BPAL tends to be in this note range, yep). Speaking of which, I keep all my atmos in a cabinet in my office, and every time my accountant comes over and opens it to get checks out he takes a deep inhale and comments on how good it smells.

Buy this now.

This is all about the wood and patchouli! Smells like the best forest ever. I don't like this type of scent on my skin, but boy do I love it in my house. It smells like outside....but better. Lovely.

This really is gorgeous. Golden amber, sandalwood and a touch of both vanilla and patchouli. This smells warm and inviting. Would definitely consider getting more.

The soft, vanilla-d, polished, smooth patchouli in this reminds me of the Fake News perfume oil. The amber and sandalwood in this actually don't smell powdery, which is what I usually get from bpal's ambers and sandalwoods. This is a cool, smooth amber and soft woods, and I do smell a bit of the caramelized sweetness. Fake News is a chic, non-dirty patchouli with delicate sweetness, and that's just what I get from this atmo.

I sprayed my decant on my bed, sniffed, and then looked at the notes with confusion. "Wait, isn't there supposed to be cedar in here?" I don't know if it's because it's had a year to age or what, but this is barely woody at all, in fact it's quite gourmand! Sweet and rich, probably the caramelized sandalwood doing most of the work there and supported by the amber and vanilla. The cedar and patch are utterly unnoticeable unless you're actively looking for them. This is beyond delicious and perfect for relaxing.

A Joyful Scene’s note list had me drooling and scrambling to find any amount in the forum. The decant I scored did not smell as my mind had expected (a woodsy amber vanilla..).
What I smell is a sticky, resinous root beer

I was adverse to it in the beginning, as I wanted a totally different experience. Yet, now that my decant is almost gone, I’m really sad that this treat of a smell might not be sitting on my counter. 

Would purchase again. 

Gorgeous sweet patch, welcoming, refined vanilla, and golden, resiny woods. This is exactly what I want my room to smell like. It's got just a little too much woods for my skin, but for my home? Utter perfection. This has aged incredibly too, as you might expect from the notes. This is kind of what I imagine the guest bedrooms of Rivendell to smell like.