Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KittyHawk

Qui Aime Bien Châtie Bien

Daffodil petals and lavender tulips, blonde woods, freesia, and a touch of pale honey.

The honey note here is so light and airy, it's downright ethereal. And the florals? So dewy and bright you can see the condensation gathering on their petals. I love a good spring floral, but this? This blows all of them out of the water. I don't know how Beth is able to continually improve upon a seemingly simple scent family, but man, this is worth hoarding.

I'm so happy I bought a bottle of this, it's soooo pretty. Totally agree with everything KittyHawk said! This is such a bright, sweet, happy blend. It makes me think of soft pastel colors when I smell it. There's also something almost effervescent about it. This is such a perfect springtime perfume, Beth's really outdone herself. :wub2:

I didn't love this at first. When it was wet, it was very freesia and very soap, BUT JUST WAIT. Give it 15-20 minutes and it softens into something very lovely. I swear there's a bit of lemon in here with the honey, almost like tea in the springtime. Very lovely choice for anyone wanting to present themselves as sunshine bright, feminine, and quirky.

This smells a tad soapy/aquatic in the bottle, but on my skin it quickly evolves into a soft, creamy spring bouquet of sugared florals It's playfully innocent, sweet, and waiting to be sullied. I think I might have found my Easter scent for this year!

ETA: Wanted to add, there's something in the dry down of this that was driving me crazy with it's familiarity. Then I realized it's the musky floral note in SN Limited Edition Action Figure. Qui Aime Bien doesn't have the plasticy notes though. :)

Edited by VetchVesper

In the bottle: Aquatic? A sweet and slightly soapy floral aquatic.

Wet on my skin: Almost strawberryish freesia -- and a creamy, yellow floral note that seems like the daffodils -- in a dewy spring bouquet. A couple weeks ago I searched Google for "spring flowers" images for a new phone background, and the image I went with is now the visual I'm getting for this scent: lots of bright flowers, some of them tulips.

Dried: The creamy yellow floral is strongest on me when Qui Aime has dried, but it blends seamlessly into a subtle, pale grounding note -- I really love the "blonde woods," whatever they are, and how they work in this scent. The pale honey is also barely there for me, and a blending influence between other notes.

Lovely spring scent.

Ok, so I'm a sucker for any of Elizabeth's spring florals.
There's something illuminating and transformative about them, so I had to jump on this.

Wow! This one makes me cry it's so nostalgic. "Who loves well, chastises well" reminds me of riding in the old station wagon, on the way to my grandparent's house after the snow had melted. They were both sick in bed for many years, which for me meant I had a captive audience. I would sit on my grandmother's bed, doing her hair or telling her stories. I thought she was beautiful, and we mutually adored each other.

So, onto the scent review. She had thousands of daffodils that would appear each spring. I have vivid memories of trotting about in the yard, picking as many daffodils as I could carry. I was the official bouquet creator. This scent takes me back to this place. The watery, waxy daffodil blossoms with a few tulips and sugary freesia in between, sweet and filled with sunshine coming through the trees, propped up on her bedside and both of us sinking our faces into the bouquet. She was so lovely in the sunlight.

Edited by Jenjin

Freesia, lemony spring florals and a touch of woods. This one was sharper and more floral than I expected. There's something here that doesn't agree with my skin chemistry. Good wear length, medium throw.

I get lavender and a blast of sharp flowers. Further drying, the lavender goes away and the freesia becomes more obvious and the honey is slowly peaking out. The tulip comes back and blends in with the freesia and turns into a wonderful spring bouquet. The honey note is very very light. The flowers are the key players of this blend.

This smelled like soapy death in the bottle, which boded ill. I tried it on and soap it was indeed, though a little honey crept out. I don't know which of the florals is soapy on me, as i've never tried tulip or freesia, but it eventually receded in strength until it was gone. It has good wear time; it's still very strong more than six hours later. I mainly get lavender, soft blond woods and a very pale honey; if the other florals are here i'm not detecting them specifically. This does smell evocative of springtime (it reminds me a little of the smell of haystacks), but it doesn't feel like a "springtime floral" like other reviews made it sound.

In the Bottle:

Lavender and soft florals

On the Skin:

Lavender and spring flowers. Honey is slightly there to keep this from going too high pitched. This is a beautiful spring floral scent. The wood notes eventually bloom and add a sophistication to what was initially a sweet, innocent scent.

On the Drydown:

I find that this becomes darker as it dries down. The lavender becomes a little more prominent but blended with the other floral notes doesn't become too OTT. I would swear there is cardamom in this. Nice for a balmy summers day

Absolutely wonderful spring scent. It's kind of what I was hoping Amsterdam would be. I really love tulips and they have this strange dry sweetness, if that makes any sense, and I feel like I get it in spades here. It does have a suggestion of lavender the plant, but it more strongly has me associating with lavender the color. There is a little honey sweetness, but not too much. In fact the second most noticeable scent after tulips is the freesia. Everything else kind of coddles them and lifts them up. This scent is a real winner.

Huh. This is completely unlike what other people describe on me, but I still like it a lot. Something in here is almost fizzy, and reminding me of ginger ale--maybe the freesia? I don't have much experience with freesia either as a flower or a note, but I don't hate what it's doing here. When I get in close I smell daffodils, delightfully and perfectly captured, and when I back off I smell a soft, powdery honey. Very pretty and totally unique.

The smell of this in the bottle is very strong woods, almost to the point of being astringent.

Once applied though, the woods calm down a lot. It's still woodsy, but the florals actually shine through. On me it's mostly freesia. I get no honey from this at all.

Overall, I did enjoy it, but I'm passing it along to someone who will appreciate it more.

This started off as floral soap on me thanks to the tulips and daffodils, and then some freesia joined in and added a high-pitched perfume-y quality to that soap. Then the woods join in and are somewhat powdery themselves. There's only a brief phase of this on me where it smells like a lightly honeyed floral and woods scent and not like soap or perfume-y powder, sadly. :(