Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Les Incubes et des Succubes

Blackberry pulp, Bordeaux wine, grape leaves, and wild patchouli.

In The Bottle: Heavy on the blackberry, as I'd hoped for. The wine is the grape-y variety of note. At this stage, it's much more fruit-heavy as opposed to booze heavy. The blackberry note is the same one from WKAP's Blackberry Jam and Scones.

Wet On Skin: Rich purple grape and blackberry in harmony. At this stage, no green leaves or patchouli to be found.

Dry Down: A slight boozy quality at last emerges. Still, this is not the rich, heady one from, say, Glüwein or anything. This is more like a fruity purple sangria. While it might've been interesting to have the patch in the mix, I'm just delighted to have another blackberry-heavy scent in the rotation.

In All: Medium throw and just full of juicy purple fruitiness!

Nom nom, smells like a dark blue-purple jam, grapey-blackberry. Applied wet, a big burst of the blackberry fruit which dries out and I get a chunky burst of patchouli! It's a drier one, and it doesn't stick around long since the fruitier notes re-emerge and keep the scent light. It's vacillating between the patchouli and the dark fruits. I'm definitely getting a sharp wine-y like scent but it's only the top schmears from a medium toned wine. Over time it becomes a bit more husky. I feel like this scent is on the tipping point between gritty and dirty, but keeps getting pulled into a jammy seedy fruit pulp aroma, smooth fruit.

It's ok, but I'm not sure this is working with my skin chemistry.

I think this may be a similar drier, not as dark patchouli like in Wild Woman with Unicorn, which I do like, but since it was balanced with green-ish wildflowers, in this situation it's a bit too much sweet and dark for me.

Woah. An explosion of fruity, jammy grape and blackberry supported by incense. Then something creamy and sweet. I guess it's the patch, but it almost reads as vanilla cream to my nose. Not necessarily the "vanilla cream" note, but actual vanilla cream. Weird. Unabashedly fruity and dark. I think I might love this. We shall see how it dries down.

Reminds me a bit of Tis the Voice of the Lobster and Forest Reverie. Also, like Purple Phoenix with less perfumey floral and more incensey darkness.

Edited by VetchVesper

Wow, this smells like my grape juice. I was drawn to the perfume because I love dark, red grapes and tart grape juice. I never had wine though! It's strong and has a lot of throw. I have no problem smelling it after 2+ hours. The addition of blackberries rather the all pure wine notes I think makes the blend more wearable (to me at least) I don't want to smell alcoholic.

You smell like dark berry juice with NO added sugar!

My first review on BPAL! On application, the grape note is the most prominent. The Bordeaux wine is very sweet, but quite light and not alcoholic, unlike the one in Lilith. It is balanced out by the patch, which smooths out the grape and wine and preventing it from going tart, as well as giving it a slightly earthy tone with the grape leaves. The grape note dies down quickly within the few minutes and the blackberries are much more noticeable, becoming the main fruit note. Overall, it is a sweet, smooth blackberry jam. It is not too sugary and a little bit dirty, imparting the carnal and sex-sweet aspect of the consumption between Incubi and Succubi. Decent throw and wear length.

Got a decant of this!!

Sniffing, I get a very sweet, purple-y fruit... but I get a bit of the patchouli hiding there. :) I get where people think a bubblegum scent being there.

On skin, it stays very sweet... and there is that leaves/patch scent lingerng with the fruits. I am not picking up on any wine note, but I know zero about wine and don't know what bordeaux actually

After a bit. I can see how this is made to be like a grape bubblegum. It is like that, but I get the dark patch note with it, but it is blended nicely...not a dirty patch, but a smooth and soft one with the fruit notes. It has a good throw on me, but not sure I need a bottle of this.

Wet: Grape juice! Really realistic grape juice. With pear? Yes, I really do get pear from this. Interesting. Of course it's had no time to rest, because my Luper decants literally just got here even though I ordered when they went live. And now I have to decide in two days if I need bottles of anything....but I digress. The patchouli is peeking through a tiny bit. But ya, still getting pear! How odd.

Dry: Powdery grape candy (like pixie stix) and a hint of dirty patchouli. Not a great combo on me! I should have known anything to do with grape would be utter failure, but I had to try for the blackberry. It's a favourite note of mine, and it doesn't come up a lot. Sadly, I can't even detect it here. I will likely try to give this a second test once it's settled.

How's this for a scent memory: this smells like the strawberry bubble gum I used to take on planes when I was little and had problems with my ears. (Or at least from a distance it does--up close it's obviously wine and blackberries). Grape leaves are a rare note, but they're actually a favorite of mine. This version has a little extra bite thanks to the patchouli, which keeps the fruit from being overwhelming. There's a sourness to this that I find really interesting, too. I'm not sure I need a bottle, but I'll keep the imp!

Madrid, is that you? This smells like luscious red wine, grape juice, and a swab of patchouli to keep it grounded and woody. Good throw and wear length.

Blackberry! A rare note in BPAL. I want more of it, please! So tart and ripe! It's especially lovely with the bordeaux wine. This isn't a sweet/foodie blend. It's fruity, yes, but it's a rich and sophisticated women's perfume. I love it!

This is absolutely GLORIOUS. Every time I wear this, I am ALWAYS complimented on how amazing I smell.

I adore blackberry, but what comes across the most with this amazing scent is grape+incense+jolly rancher.

It shouldn't be amazing,but it's fucking wonderful. I only have a bottle and a half and I am srsly worried that's not enough.

It's really that AMAZING.

In the bottle: Woah, childhood flashbacks! Extremely-grape Hubba Bubba bubblegum! But with some freshness & sophistication behind it, if that makes sense..
Wet on skin: The grape candy note does start settling down immediately, balanced by an almost-bitter green that I guess may be the leaves? My nose cannot pick out blackberry from under the sweet grape (which I think is actually the wine?), but there is a grainy bitterness that very much reminds me of blackberry seeds. It smells like jam rather than candy or bubblegum now. Quite the throw on it, and the air around me is sweeter than the smell at my skin, which is bordering on sour. The sourness intensifies as it dries. Patchouli a no-show at this stage.
Dry: The very sweet grape note grows stronger again, tempered by the bitter-green of the leaves. This leafy sort of note often doesn't work with my chemistry, and I'm not sure it is here - but without it this would just be straight candy. Still can't really detect patchouli, but I think it is back there helping the leaves rein in the sweetness. After a couple of hours both the bitterness & sweetness have calmed down, I think I can make out the patch, and it's all rather lovely. Lasting well & still strong, blooms nicely with body heat.

Despite my initial surprise & that bit where it tries to go wonky on me, I do really like this. It's a dark, kinda-witchy scent that is wearable in warm weather, and I don't really have one of those. After ageing for several months, the wine is recognisably wine, and the whole experience is smoother. Whatever is making that "seedy" smell still amps & nearly ruins everything for a minute there in the dry-down, but amusingly grape candy returns to save the day! I am not usually into sweet or fruity, but I think this will get a lot of wear this summer. It is, appropriately, quite sexy.

Edit some moons later: The grape-candy note has gone almost completely now - it's all very much wine & seedy-jam & leaves & patchouli.. Much more what I was expecting, & much less sweet, but surprisingly I find myself missing that bubble-gum note! Still nice though.

Edited by spikyfairy