Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Benzoin and white juniper with dark musk, tobacco, nag champa, and oudh.

Really excited about these notes, but juniper is not always great on me. Still, excited!!! These decants just came today, but I cannot wait to try them.

Wet: Benzoin and juniper are both REALLY strong. So it smells like a sweet, syrupy gin drink. Not really a horrible thing! But hoping the juniper does what it often does and dies down, letting some of the other notes shine.

Dry: This goes through a phase where it reminds me of Savage Forever - dark musk, woods, and something cold. But about half an hour after that this has settled into a screechy, powdery, soapy mess. No clue why! Actually, now that I smell again, it's not consistently bad, and may still be morphing. I think this would have benefitted from some more patience on my part, and I will have to test again once I have let it settle.

Overall impressions though are of juniper and benzoin when wet. Juniper fades a lot, benzoin stays strong, and the musk really comes out. I think it's the nag champa going soapy on me, so it clearly has a strong presence. Will update this if it changes after it settles. Right now I don't know what to think of it.

Dark tobacco, nag champa, and a touch of juniper and oudh. This one is a little strange to me, and reminds me to Savage Forever. It's like a dark brown scent. Sort of animalistic. Not my type at all. Good throw and wear length.

Can't go wrong with the syrupy sweetness of benzoin! The juniper makes me think of the chilly forest at night, combined with the nag champa incense. No musk, no tobacco on me at first. Unfortunately the tobacco soon becomes very powerful, and it reminds me too much of smokers. This scent is hard to describe. Like the scent that lingers after a hippie party in the woods?