Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jarcher3

Le Miroir de la Coquetterie

Honeyed vanilla and jasmine petals dirtied by labdanum, patchouli, and vetiver.

Powdery sweet, very faint jasmine wearing off. So girly and gently pretty and soft. The labdanum, i believe, is adding a slight booziness to it. It doesn't scream a powdery scent, sometimes you want a scent like this though. Like a soft honey version of BPAL Euphrosyne (my moms favorite). Last at least a whole school day for me. This was also a winner for me!

Unfortunately, the vetiver ruins for me what could be an exquisite scent in the opening. I applied it and thought "Oh no, another perfectly fine fragrance tarnished with vetiver!" until it almost instantly blossomed into something floral and fragrant, using the vetiver as roots to connect it with the earth. This is jasmine and honeyed vanilla, dirtied, that's for sure, with the baser notes... but somehow it works. For me it is less powdery and more soily, earthy, grounded than the above review.

Jasmine and damp dirt. Vanilla is usually very strong on me, but I'm not getting any of that at all yet, after wearing for about five hours. Although I do like vanilla, I feel that's a good thing this time round. I know "jasmine and damp dirt" sounds pretty unappealing but oddly enough it's not. It's a good clean earth smell. I should also say this has a very weak throw on me but that's fine, as if it was stronger it could be a bit too overpowering and intrusive.

Vanilla, jasmine, and dirty resins (dirty coming from the patchouli/vetiver combination). Jasmine can be so overpowering, but I think both the patchouli and vetiver have sort of tagged teamed it down. Florally pleasant. Good throw and wear length.

Honeyed, powdery resins. I don't even smell jasmine, which normally amps a lot on me. It kind of smells like what I imagine my grandmother's (or even great-grandmother's) vanity table might have smelled like, between the perfumes and powders. Very feminine, soft throw, reminiscent of several "classic" perfumes I've tried that I didn't really love for myself. If you like Chanel No. 5, etc. you'll probably enjoy this one.

Tried one day after package arrival. I'm going to second the description of it being similar to classic perfumes. A gently powdery, feminine spiciness, with the right amount of throw (I can always smell it, but those around me aren't suffocated) and longevity.

this smells like a classic scent to me, something from the 20s-50s. it starts off with vanilla and vetiver i believe. it's slightly bitter earth with a powdery softness. the vanilla gets more honeyed after a couple of minutes, which warms up the scent and makes it increasingly sexier. after about 5-10 minutes i get more labdanum which is very pretty. it's resin-y and powdery at this point. i don't seem to get a lot of patchouli or jasmine yet. during the drydown i get a bit of patchouli but not much. jasmine is nowhere to be found! i really like this scent though, it reminds me of caron's tabac blond without the leather and a bit more powdery. ❤️

ETA: tried this again and i'd say it smells just like habanita.

Edited by theseagrows

Immediate strong powder with a faint dirty note in the back.. had to reapply because it started fading pretty fast, which Im glad for. But all in all I do not care for strong powdery scents. No jasmine, and no detectable vetiver. Vetiver is one of my top fav notes.