Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honeyed patchouli and apple musk with a sliver of white fig.

Out of the 14 Lupercalia scents I've tried from this year's Lupercalia launch, La Tentation is my absolute favorite! I am shocked that there are no other reviews yet for this amazing scent!

The apple musk note is so beautiful. :wub3: Wonderful, juicy, realistic apple!

The honeyed patchouli compliments the apple perfectly. The fig rests in the background and gives the scent a sultry vibe.

In the bottle: It smells like a fresh Pink Lady apple!

On the skin, wet: Crisp pink apple and fig. It smells like perfectly ripe fruit in the prime of their season.

On the skin, dry: The honeyed patchouli emerges and deepens the scent. The note patchouli in this reminds me of a mix of Badgers (which also has honeyed patchouli vibe) and Silky Bat (which has a sweet, light patchouli). The patchouli note makes this apple scent so unique and gorgeous. The fresh pink apple note becomes a playful apple musk as it sits longer on the skin. The fig gives the scent a sexy edge and makes it irresistible to smell. It is very romantic and reminds me of warm Spring evenings. If I were to describe this scent as a color, it would be a vibrant pink sunset!

The throw is medium on the skin. I swear, the longer it sits on the skin the more it morphs into a more complex and luxurious apple scent. The honeyed patchouli and fig paired with apple musk is heaven in a bottle. I think La Tentation made it into my top all time favorite scents! :kissy:

This is a musky, earthy apple. The honey adds a depth and sweetness. I don't get obvious fig, but I'm guessing it adds to the patchouli's earthy sweetness.

This is very sexy in a wholesome, earth mother, hippie sort of way. Eve would smell like this.

This reminds me of Pure Applesauce, although it's a bit earthier, maybe because of the fig. The apple is the strongest note here, with the musk (a soft and airy one) in second place. I can't pick out patch or honey in particular, but there is a softly sweet earthiness in the background. The fig may be blending in there, too, because I can't detect it. This doesn't have a lot of throw.

Apple, fig, and a touch of patchouli. This is mainly a fruity apple and fig blend, with just enough musk and patchouli to make it sexy. Lovely. Good throw and wear length.

This is a I Too Beneath Your Moon flanker. The green apple-patch combo is so reminiscent of the Beneath your Moon, but there the patch has a caramelized quality and the vanilla cream makes it so gooood.

La Tentation is fruity fresh void of any sweetness or oriental vibe. Very easy breezy. 

Edited by theredkilt

So few reviews! I guess this one wasn't too popular... Not sure why, smells lovely to me.

Honeyed apple is the strongest note upfront. It remains that way while it is wet on my skin, though patchouli starts to open up in the background. Figgier the drier it gets.

This perfume is simple, pleasant, and likable. Foodie but doesn't hit you over the head.