Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tuberose, white peach, orange blossom, lemon peel, and caramelized vanilla.

Upon first application, Humanite is a gorgeous, literally mouthwatering (!) fruity-floral fragrance, grounded by the sweet caramelized vanilla lurking in the background. I can detect each note, yet none stands our more than any of the others.

The white peach and lemon peel leave the party after a while, leaving a trace of their fruitiness in their wake. The tuberose, orange blossom, and caramelized vanilla are more prominent now. As it fades a bit more it becomes a sweet, pretty, soft scent. The tuberose is never overwhelming, and the citrus keeps the whole thing from ever being cloying.

Despite the rather eerie image on the bottle, this is a very lovely and happy scent, evocative of spring and fresh young things.

In the most recent phase of my skin chemistry, my very favorite perfume is BPAL's Pele.

This is a close second. They aren't similar exactly but they are tropical floral cousins.

I keep sniffing my wrists and smiling.

This is an exquisite, sun-drenched vanilla tuberose, with the other players acting as support. The notes intertwine very well, they dance together, it's delicate, no toe- stomping. Any of the weirdness this fragrance could have, it doesn't. The orange blossom doesn't go fusty, caramel doesn't get burned, peach isn't a diva, tuberose doesn't go bubble-gum or grandma-purse. I want to wear this on a date

Just sunset on a beach. Love

In The Bottle: The sweetness of the tuberose is astounding. I am not much of a floral fan, but the other notes hooked me and I was willing to check this out. So it's funny that it's the tuberose that steals the show on first sniff.

Wet On Skin: The juiciness of the white peach is present, but behaving VERY well, considering peach sometimes amps like crazy on me. That sweet fruity tuberose is still the main attraction, though. It's SO glorious.

Dry Down: I agree with the "sunset on a beach" analogy. This is it. it's soft and tropical and beautiful. It doesn't go powdery, or old-ladyish. It's just soft and beautiful and gorgeous.

Love and hand holding and reds and purples streaking the sky. :wub2:

Tuberose in the bottle. Goes on as a pretty but nameless floral. Orange blossom in the drydown, which continues into a kind of vanilla-tinged hyacinth (even though that's not one of the notes). This finishes drying into peach. A close sibling of Sea of Glass. Very pretty. One of the few florals I could see myself wearing.

ETA Well, I could if the dang thing hadn't flat-out disappeared in an hour.

Edited by Soupy Twist

Fruity! with florals! I'm in love. I get some of the tuberose, but it's grounded by the other notes. On dry down, it's a delightful soft orange blossom.

I actually got this to use in a car diffuser, because orange blossom is usually a world conquerer on my skin and bullies all else out of existence, and I thought I'd like all the notes if they weren't on my skin.

But, actually, I never detect orange blossom on my skin. And it turns out the other notes just don't work on my skin. So it might be the diffuser for this one, but for a different reason.

On my skin, this is caramelized white peach and tuberose. The peach (quite a different peach from the Dragon Con ones I sampled) is really caramelized. Uber-caramelized. My sunset on the beach just smells a bit weird and artificial to me. :-/ Going to try in a diffuser later and see how that goes.

This was another one that was iffy for me because of the peach, but I was drawn to the caramelized vanilla and had to grab a sample. It's girly and pretty just after application, but there's something else that I'm not really liking. It could be the tuberose and its bitter quality blending with the other citrus notes that pushes the whole thing into room fragrance territory. After a few minutes I am seriously amping the chemical bitter note, so this one is a hard pass for me.

Hi, I'm Sail and I hate florals and am totally over peach and orange blossom is usually a miss and caramel scents tend to make me gag. So idk what possessed me to buy an decant of this but holy hell, it's so good.

There is a faint peach that isn't all HI IM A PEACH, and I'm not really getting any caramel or lemon or vanilla. So this must be mostly tuberose. Well, add tuberose to the list of florals that work. This is gorgeous and makes me want to go romp in a field of whatever the hell a tuberose is.

Hmmm, this is both beautiful and disappointing to me: beautiful because it's a wearable white floral (heavy on the tuberose) that's foodier than Midnight and doesn't go funereal like Eternal on me. Disappointing, though, because NONE of those delicious-sounding fruit notes are present on me. I was hoping for a more floral version of Titania, my go-to summer scent, but Humanite is nothing like that--it's vanilla and tuberose, the end. I like it, but my decant is enough.

I keep waffling on a bottle purchase for Humanite. Its lovely...sometimes reminding me of clean fruity soap or perfume from the 90's, sometimes deeper and better than that. The tuberose goes *super creamy*..like how I wish gardenia would go.. and the caramelized vanilla gets consistently stronger. Basically the 2 are squashing out the fillings in this scent sandwich. Well, there's a little peach left. Its airy, sweet, voluptuous floral, refreshing.

I think it'll be great for warmer temps. Snag a bottle now and save yourself some whining/hunting when the summer's heat finally hits ;)

Lemon, peach and a ton of tuberose. Tuberose is one of those florals that is white and sharp on my skin and I sort of smells like hairspray. This is no exception. Lemony-peachy hairspray. Medium throw and wear length.

Skin fail.

Usually I love fruity scents, and this fragrance was one I was most looking forward to wearing.

Sadly, the peach does weird things on my skin, and makes the rest of this otherwise delicious fragrance wear strange.

It's a white/orange fragrance, if that means anything to you, and these colors are in competition. They're head to head and fighting over who wins.

This is the first BPAL blend where I've actually been able to smell the tuberose. I love tuberose, and up to now I've been devastated that other florals in BPAL blends have covered it up; not with this scent! It's a creamy, pure tuberose that takes center stage. The peach blends so well with the tuberose that it almost seems like it's another facet of the flower. The orange blossom, which almost always goes powdery and soft on me in BPALs, instead lends a heady, indolic, animalic undertone to everything. The caramelized vanilla melds into the tuberose much like the peach, and the lemon covers it all with a bit of citrus bite. Basically, this is a heady white floral with some rich fruit on the side and a caramelized crust. It's divine.

I only get the caramel in the first 2 or so minutes after application, which is perfectly fine by me as that was the one note I wasn't looking forward to

I find this to be a vary wearable Tubarose

I've got the tuberose and then the peach right behind it. The peach stops the floral from being too heady and the Tuberose stops the fruit from being foody

I do get a little bit of Orange blossom for support, but I don't notice any lemon

I'm not quite sure what to make of this one.

When it first arrived, it smelled... sharp. Brassy? Something very strong that my nose didn't recognize. I assumed it was the tuberose. I dabbed a little on my arm, and it smelled the same. I let it rest for a week, and came back to it.

Now, my nose interprets the sharpness of the opening note as wintergreen, but without any of the mint. It's kind of hard to explain. It's like.. the physical sensation of biting into one of those wintergreen lifesavers, but without the mint extract portion? I feel like that makes no sense but I can't figure out how to put it any better.

Anyway, once on my skin the mintless wintergreen actually fades away and becomes a lot more floral, and a little bit fruity. Much gentler than it started, and really not similar at all to how it smelled originally.

Smells white and fruit-floral...almost like bubblegum (the tuberose). Not getting any lemon or caramelized vanilla. It's a soft, pretty scent, but ultimately not quite what I'm looking for.

In the imp, a darker scent than I expected from such a pale oil. Must be that caramelized vanilla getting down and dirty with the fruits and flowers. Intriguing, as I had hoped. But on my skin, as I ought to have known, TUBEROSE. Tuberose stomping all over everything else, getting its own way. Tuberose? We're finished. Done. I keep being tempted back by the company you keep, but never again.

Humanite is a very sweet scent. It reminds me of honeysuckle, but I'm assuming that's the tuberose. There's a bit of vanilla to this, and a touch of sourness from the lemon peel.

Overall, eh.. I wear it sometimes. But I'd pretty eagerly swap it away. It's not something I like enough to keep.

i absolutely adore humanite. i’ve worn it many times but reviewing for the first time because i’m committing myself to reviewing all my scents. 

absolute love from the bottle. the notes blend together really well. i am a huge tuberose fan and this note definitely doesn’t come out strongly to me. it also doesn’t come across as a very “fruit” forward scent despite all the fruit notes. the one aspect that is the most notable for me is the “caramelized” aspect. it smells like caramelized flowers to me. strangely edible although not exactly foodie or floral. very unique and delicious. does not morph much from the wet to dry phase, with a strong throw. my little test patch lasted 2+ hours before decreasing in strength, although still smelled very much the same closer to the skin

Edited by DiZZysTARdust