Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White flowers and brittle white musk with a streak of pomegranate.

What, no reviews yet? Poor Effronterie! I think she smells beautiful. The florals and the musk are super well blended and smell very clean and fresh without veering into soap territory. The pomegranate adds this wonderful juicy sweetness to the whole thing. The throw isn't super strong and my skin drinks it up but it really is gorgeous while it lasts. It brings to mind clean white towels stained by pomegranate juice. But like, in a deliberate artsy way, not in a "dammit, I just spilled juice on my white towels, my day is ruined and now I hate pomegranates!" way. :P

Wow, I can't believe this one isn't getting more love! This is one of my favorites of this release. Probably the most beautiful, smooth white musks I've ever smelled. It starts off with that sweet, soft pomegranate, but doesn't go weird on me like a lot of pomegranate scents do. The pom then fades off for me, and leaves behind that glorious smooth white musk. For some reason at this stage it reminds me of how I want those soft white rocks you find at the beach to smell. No salt, just smooth, soft, white. I love this one so much - I need backups of it.

In the imp: juicy pomegranate. I mean JUICY.

Wet: juicy pomegranate and clean white blooms. I can't quite put my finger on what they are, they are not heady so it's not tuberose or jasmine or anything like that.

Dry: Sweet and clean. I agree with the clean white towels association. This is my favorite white musk blend that I've smelled, it's so smooth. The pomegranate adds a nice touch, just a little splash of fruitiness. This reminds me intensely of a perfume I smelled as a child, but I can't remember for the life of me what the name is.

On the wand, clean white flowers (maybe a little plumeria in them?), white musk, a little something that reminds me of the vanilla-cognac in Pediophobia, and juicy pom.

On my skin, this goes quite faint. I just get ghostly traces of floral pomegranate and slightly powdery white musk. The latter is not as powdery as some white musks go on me.

Pretty, dainty, and light, but I’ll stick with Abduction of Proserpine for my pom needs.

This is such a poetic floral blend. I just can't figure out what type of white flowers were used in this blend, but i guess it's the lily. Combined with the white musk and pomegranate, it's such a lush and floating blend.The pom just rounds out the white flowers and the musk acts more as a base. Truly gorgeous!

White musk laced with red pomegranate. To me, this smells what Persephone should smell like - ghostly white florals with a musky undertone stained with red pomegranate. It's chilly, tart, and just haunting. Good throw and wear length.

White musk and pomegranate are two scents about which I have very clear impressions. Any blend with prominent white musk tends to come off laundry-clean and borderline sharp. And pomegranate is very round and juicy and as dark as a fruit can possibly be. Neither are bad, neither are favorites. Having said that... I'm impressed by this perfume. Apparently these notes can combine and dovetail in way that so nicely balances both. The florals add a surprising creaminess that really elevates the experience. Seems weird to say, but I felt moved, smelling this.

Effronterie is a quietly dignified fragrance, and it is greater than the sum of its parts.