Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red musk, orris root, and bergamot with blackcurrant, pink pepper, and red leather accord.

Sweet and spicy.

Dan Les Coulisses is dominated by red musk (the drier variety from scents like Witch Dance rather than the juicy red musk from Smut), with a prominent spicy note in the background. I'm guessing the spicy note is a combination of the pink pepper and red leather accord. I can rarely pull off leather notes, but this one is behaving. I can't pick out the orris, bergamot, or currant. Medium throw. Fits the image well.

This smells like a Christmas spice scent on me, I would almost swear it has cinnamon in it. I definitely smell red musk, but I can't pick out any leather or bergamot or anything else.... It's pretty baffling that it ends up smelling like this was on me, but it's really quite nice if I feel like "Christmas Red Musk"! I will have to come back to this one a different day to see if how it behaves on me.

Unpleasant at first, with a blast of orris root and pepper. That smooths out immediately on the skin and it settles into a lovely red musk scent that is a little reminiscent of Kabuki - that must be the blackcurrant weighing in - but no anise and not nearly as sweet. The pepper gives it an edge. I don't get any red leather or bergamot, but the decant is pretty new.

I like this a lot - it smells like quintessential BPAL to me - but it doesn't last very long and fades quickly, so I don't think that I like it quite enough for a bottle.

Mmmm, I love this. It's a deep, spicy, sweet, musky scent. I'm all aboard this perfume train!

On application, it's all deep musk with just a hint of sweetness. Dry, it is predominantly musk and leather, still with a whisper of sweet spiciness. As it fades, it becomes almost ghostly... dark but powdery.

LOVE.

Red musk, red leather, red spices. *squints* Is this Melisandre of Asshai from Game of Thrones? I sort of suspect that she sort of smells like this. Overwhelmingly red + musk + leather + spice. Fierce, seductive, deadly. Great throw and wear length.

This is somehow both darker and powderier than I expected. The musk and orris are very prominent on me, to the point of masking the pink pepper (a favorite note of mine) and the fruit. The leather is dark and well-worn, which is lovely, but it ends up just smelling like someone took some well-loved gloves or maybe a jacket and...powdered it. It's sugary and not at all spicy. Glad I got a decant instead of a bottle.

starts off mostly red musk single note with a hint of bergamot. after awhile i get pink pepper and that's it! i was hoping for wayyyy more leather in this, but on me, it's very subtle. oh well. it's not a bad scent, but i have many other red musk blends that work better for me.