Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kbrown926

Pleasures of the Imagination III

Turkish tobacco, black leather, cinnamon, benzoin, and smoked honey.

Hello you sexy thing. In the bottle, it is a very chewy tobacco with a few whiffs of spice. On the skin, however, this is a drier, honeyed pipe tobacco with just a hint of spice. Benzoin brings a slight incense element and the black leather here is a silky and supple expensive leather, one that breathes with your skin and environment. Low throw but decent staying power. I look forward to seeing this work of olfactory genius age. <3

Reminds me a whole lot of Cafe Mille et une Nuits. It's the Turkish tobacco...smells identical to the Shisha in Cafe Mille.

Chewy, spiced tobacco with a bit of sweetness. The addition of leather makes this more masculine than Cafe Mille.

This is a great scent but I'll stick with the less masculine version.

Wet: OMG that tobacco is soooo good. Reminds me a bit of French Tobacco - chewy and a touch caramelized. The leather is dark, but worn, like the leather in Whip. Much better on me than the harsh fresh leather of Pleasures I. So far those two notes are dominant, tobacco and leather, and I'll tell ya, I'm not mad at it.

Dry: YUMMY. Like, in the sexy kind of way. Subtle, smooth leather, and chewy rich tobacco. This is gooood. Likely need a bottle. The smoked honey is just barely evident (would love it if it came out more in aging!) and the cinnamon is non-existent, and I usually amp it, so if that was worrying you, this is worth a shot anyway. I can't identify the benzoin. The other notes may come out more as it settles further (this only arrived a couple days ago), but right now it's all about the tobacco and leather.

In the Bottle:

Smells like a fine fragrance. Very slightly smoky and strongly tobacco

On the Skin:

Surprisingly light (as in not dark). The honey note is making this somewhat powdery, in a good way and the leather is not overpowering but definitely gives a rich edge. I can't pick out cinnamon particularly until later on.

On the Drydown:

Really lovely and slightly unsettling. Very dry with a sharp powdery edge. The leather darkens and the cinnamon peeks through just slightly. Pretty gorgeous

I tested this a day after getting my decant, and I suspect it needs some aging. On me, this is primarily rich, sweet tobacco, both wet and on drydown. I might get a hint of the leather or the other notes later on, but tobacco is the star. The tobacco is lovely, I have several lovely tobacco scents, so I will give this another shot in a few days before swapping.

Well, I am absolutely smitten!

This is my perfect French Tobacco with smooth dark leather and a dash of smoky warm honey. A bottle is definitely required :)

I wish that this were like French Tobacco or Bulgarian Tobacco on me, but this is mainly a powdery, amber-like benzoin and sweet honey with hints of cinnamon on me. The leather doesn't even make it through the powdery, sweet veil. I get a hint of smokiness, like woodsmoke, which I guess is the smoked part of the honey.

Goes very powdery on me in the drydown and fades quickly, even with the cinnamon, which usually amps way up on my skin.

I procrastinated trying this one for a while since I really disliked Pleasures...I, but I need not have worried. The leather here is completely different, much softer, lighter, and more natural, and it is DOMINATED (harhar, see what I did there?) by velvety tobacco. Usually, cinnamon stomps all over everything else in a blend, but it's making itself scarce in this one. I think I can smell vanilla but that must be the benzoin? And honey, which is usually loud on me, is playing a more submissive role in this one too. It's all very, very nice!

Edited by The Forest Floor

This is fine tobacco shop tobacco, soft leather, and sweet spice. And it's too good. Like, it's "I'm being seductive toward my own wrist" good.

If this scent were a person, I would have sex with it. And I'd have bruises afterward.

This starts as beautiful smoked honey and tobacco on me, with an edge of sweet cinnamon, and ends as cinnamon broomstick craft shop on my skin. Bummer.

This....this is pure ungh! The smoked honey amps on me to create the sweetest campfire smell EVER. The tobacco is sweet and the leather is perfectly balanced and earthy, not chemically. The cinnamon is playing nice like in Chimera and benzoin isn't going dry. Its like Perversion and Variety of Pleasing Amusements mated. TOTAL>FUCKING>WIN.

I swear plentifully when I get psyched. Be prepared for when you meet me in person. ;)

In the vial: Leathery, sweet tobacco.

Wet on my skin: Reminiscent of Perversion, but somewhat drier and smokier.

Dry: This is Perversion's somewhat more mature, slightly more no-nonsense cousin, at least on my skin. Glorious pipe tobacco and worn black leather combine with cinnamon, smoky honey, and benzoin to make a very sexy, slightly dangerous-feeling blend. The cinnamon behaves itself quite well, lending spice without being overpowering. The honey, too, lends its support without becoming cloying. Sultry and feminine, this is one classy dominatrix - one who smokes a cigarillo on a long holder and reads a favourite book while she's using you as her footstool. And she's so good at what she does that you keep coming back for more.

Ahem.

This really is a pretty great scent.

Edited by DiesMali

Haven't had much luck so far with the Lupers but this and Danse de la Mort are the standouts. On me all the notes blend seamlessly, except the cinnamon is very subtle, only lending a slight spiciness to the sweet honey (I love the honey note in this! sweet with wafts of powderiness that lend depth). The tobacco and leather classy things up quite a bit, making it smell like expensive French perfume of the very best kind. The leather is that rich buttery suede scent you find in buttery soft kidskin jackets the colour of caramel.

This is very definitely a perfectly unisex fragrance but on the sweet, sophisticated side. I'd love to see what it smelled like on a guy!

This is lovely. The tobacco is perfumey and the cinnamon and benzoin blend with it into a softly spicy incense kind of scent. The leather is soft and supports everything beautifully, and the honey is dark and drizzles over the top of everything. Somehow the honey almost masquerades as chocolate, but that goes well with the other notes, too. I didn't expect to like this nearly this much, but I'll have to get a bottle.

Cinnamon, tobacco, and leather. It's a sort of cinnamon, smoky incense and tobacco over alot of leather. It ends up smelling like sueded leather to me, actually. Great throw and wear length.

Pleasures of the Imagination III is so very very sexy and delicious.  I get only the tiniest hint of cinnamon; it's really all sweet smoky tobacco/leather, but a warmer leather than the usual "black leather" note.  It's totally unisex; if a man smelled like this, I would fall at his feet and beg.  I love this, and it lasts really well on me. 

Wet: Sweet honey out of the gate first, followed by leather and tobacco; incense brings up the rear.  I smell like dessert in a hookah lounge booth but I'm not mad at it.  This is a warm smell.

Dry:

L wrist - sweet incense and leather

R wrist - honey, cinnamon, and smexy smexy leather over smoke

I'm not sure if this is sexy campfire like @SophieCedar said (perfect for outdoor summer nights) or if this is the smell of impure thoughts, naughty touches, and questionable--but exciting--late night life choices....but I want to find out.  I also need to smell this on a dude.  

#huffingmyself