Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
annemathematics

The Midnight Reunion with His Lost Wife

Hinoki wood, grave moss, vetiver, and cypress.

lately I'm drawn to scents that evoke forests and wilderness, and this starts out like a fairy tale woods at dusk, with inky, goth, velvety moss-and-cypress branches casting spiky black lace shadows. there's a trace of grit from the vetiver. this wet phase is stunning, gorgeous.

dry, this morphs into something soft and gentle, like pale worn suede. throw is gentle and my skin noms this within two hours.

eta: it's been over a week and this beauty has upped significantly in throw and wear-length. it's also morphing and shifting in the most welcomed and delicious ways. currently: dark, gritty woodsy open, leaning more unisex aka cologne-like in the dry-down.

Edited by annemathematics

Upon application, I get big, smoky vetiver. Lots of it. There's a bit of charred wood, too, which could just be the vetiver and the wood playing. After a few minutes I get an almost powdery green scent.

This scent is really mysterious. It's green, but in a dark, slinky way. I'm excited to see how it wears over the course of the day.

This is everything I hoped for and more out of a vetiver scent. It's obnoxiously woodsy right off the bat - far more wood than vetiver - but it mellows out very quickly. It's still woodsy, but becomes much smoother - it hovers between powdery and resinous but remains delicious. There is even just the *barest* sweet undertone to it after 10-15 min. If you're a vetiver-hater, this will not change your mind, because it does lend a noticeable smokiness to the overall scent, but if you're curious and want to give it a try, or want a vetiver that isn't thick and scorched, this would be a good scent to try.

I'd label it definitively masculine, although that's never stopped me!

Another vetiver-heavy woody scent. Sadly a good portion of these tend to smell the same on me, and while this does have a softer, sort of fluffy note somewhere in the middle (no idea what it is--maybe moss?) that makes it much more feminine than most of this type of scent, it still seems like something I've encountered about a hundred times before. If it were a little lighter on the vetiver it might be a favorite for me, and I would love to see that mysterious powdery fluffiness in something else.

Woodsy, mossy vetiver. I get smoky woods and moss. Way more masculine than I expected. Good throw and wear length.

The wet phase is vetiver bordering on cigarette smoke. Not that great. (Or maybe my skin is amping it? Who knows.) It's much nicer when dry. Fluffy grave moss, charred woods and a chunk of dark earth. Definitely lives up to its name; almost like an old coffin raised from the earth and burned, but without warmth behind it.

Love this! I know this isn't a Halloween scent, but it fits with an All Souls Night vibe so well. Midnight Reunion is all dark, heavy smoky vetiver upfront, with the lighter, but still murky dark grave moss and hinoki round it out. I don't get much cypress, but that's okay. I love the way this dries down from a bombastic funeral dirge of shadowy vetiver (like standing at the edge of a dark, deep wood on a windless night, and feeling the shadows around you) to...well, a soft and gentle reunion. As it dries, a ghostly softness emerges and it wears idk like memories. A loved one, come back for a moment, bringing sweeter thoughts. Gentle, subtle, a bit hard to catch, but still murky dark and mysterious. 

This matches the scent title perfectly and I love the vibe to pieces. If you're not scared of vetiver, give this a whirl!!