Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deliciousness

Jinbari Nyûdô Bobo Dokisu

Blueberry musk, lotus, and green tea.

Granted, my bottle just came in the mailbox today - so take this review with the grain of salt.

In the bottle: It's a sweet, musky blueberry! I don't think I have ever smelled "blueberry" perfume before - but there you have it - it's right there in this bottle.

On skin: The blueberry musk is straight forward and in front. Then the lotus comes forward more with the green tea in the background.

After a bit of time: The green tea and lotus become more prominent, while the blueberry seems to have worn off. It becomes more of a light, creamy green tea scent. It's nice, but I was hoping the blueberry would stick around longer. I'll let this one sit for a few weeks and re-test then. Hopefully then, she'll retain that wonderful blueberry muskiness that I'm craving.

This is a light, sweet, refreshing scent!

But not abrasively refreshing- as I found Sexual Knowledge-- to be with its wasabi and green tea.

This begins with a lovely blueberry musk. Real blueberries! But it has a slight skin musk feel. Immediately on skin it blends into the sweet lotus...but the green tea prevents it from becoming bubblegum as lotus usually does.

I'd say this is a dead ringer for a blueberry green tea drink, which is one of my favorite things anyhow. The green tea in this is so clear and delicious! It's a blueberry tea with a little sugar on top (from the lotus).

It's got close to the skin wear, and little throw, but you attain a sweet aura about you throughout the day. The blueberry does actually stick around on me for a cool, blue edge.

Bluberry musk!!

I wanted a bottle but they were sold out! ::::qqqqqq::::::

SO! If you loved Blueberry Picking from the Birthdays...... this is like the grown up version!

(Blueberries from Birthdays is made to honor a young (awesome amazing) girl. This is taking that gorgeous happy scent and giving it a more mixed, blended, grown up turn)

I huffed it and huffed it..... and by the end of the night... it was sold out!

Congrats to all of you that were smart enough to grab bottles of this.... instant bpal coveted diso.

I'm having a half glass of blueberry wine before an almost-spring blizzard. There's no better companion scent for the scenario.

I get a rich blueberry musk and pink lotus blooms tucked right in, like hidden charms. Is this blue musk? Of course it is. Blueberry and blue musk and lotus? It's lovely and fun and well-matched. This is the second perfume I have that strongly evokes blue and pink colors in my head, and I love both blends. (The other's the 2015 Midnight on the Midway.)

Behind these is a splash of green tea, which seems to have something like white honey in it, coming out in drydown. The blueberry and lotus are so forward and vibrant, though, the (white honeyed?) green tea falls to the background. Also in drydown, the lotus fades. I get a little less blueberry and a little more blue musk. It reminds me of Tres Riches Heures without the snow. Our local clouds will provide the snow shortly...

This is some goodness.

Otherwise known as "ANGRY PUSSY"
Ahhhhhhh~ wafts of glorious blue musk on a soft silky blanket of pink blossom. This is so pretty.
The sweetness is just right and I LOVE the lotus here.
Overall tart and glistening with soothing green tea.
It's very wearable, fun and the wafts coming off of it are GORGEOUS.
It's reminding me of one of my favorites, Rendezvous in the Bath" from last year, with blue musk and pink floral instead of cucumber.
Very clean and refreshing, I need MOAR of this and MUST HAVE A BOTTLE before it goes away.
Another GREAT BIG Luper hit for me. I don't have any blue musk in my collection and this one hits all my sweet spots.

Edited by Jenjin

Blueberry tea or candy! Specifically the Celestial Seasonings blueberry tea that smells like there's some vanilla or chamomile added in.

I was worried about the tartness because my skin can mess up tart scents and turn them into something unpleasant, but wow, this smells good! A little green from the tea. It's like lying under a bunch of green leaves smelling tea with honey while eating a blueberry candy.

:cry2: Oh I wish I had the same glorious experience as everyone else! I have only tried a few bpal with blueberry in them (Bitches Love Unicorns and Blueberry Cream Pie). Blueberry Cream Pie is amazing on me. Bitches Love Unicorns did not work on me (candy scents don't work on my skin as they disappear very, very fast!). And I have only tried one other bpal scent with lotus in it (Poor Monkey) and that did not work on my skin at all.

Sadly, Jinbari Nyûdô Bobo Dokisu does not work on me. :nervous:

In the decant: Yum! Blueberry heaven! I do not smell the lotus in the decant. It smells like blueberry green tea to me.

​On my clean skin: It smells like floral scented sanitary pads and public bathroom air freshener. Very artificial and yucky. My skin chemistry is doing very horrible things to this beautiful scent.

It disappears completely from my skin within 10 minutes (which is a relief because it smelled so terrible on my skin!)

I will have to test it on my clothes or a scent locket. I adore tea scents and blueberry. I am afraid the lotus may be what wronged me again this time.

Edited by VioletVorpal

Refreshing blueberry-tinged blue musk with lotus and a bit of green tea. This smells clean, fresh, and lovely. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: blueberry, sweet

Drydown: blueberry with a bit of musk, which softens the sweetness. It ends up smelling like a grownup sweet smell, rather than a kid's perfume.

In the bottle: Juicy blueberry and some lotus.

Wet on my skin: Wet, juicy, sweet blueberry and lotus, and now there's a bit of what specifically smells to my nose like jasmine green tea.

Dry: HAH. A berry that works on me! I love this. It's so unlike anything else I have, and it's a lovely spring blend that I'll be happy to wear...when my blueberry-hating S.O. isn't around (he took a whiff of it and made a very sour face at me). The sweet blueberry musk and green tea combine perfectly, with the lotus wafting around in the throw and not so much close to the skin. It retains the "jasmine green tea" that it had while wet, too, and I love that. That's my favourite sort to drink when the weather is getting hot, since it's lighter and a little sweeter than typical green tea. This is definitely one of the non-chocolate hits from this year's Lupercalia release, at least for me. Glad to have a bottle.

I am terrified of green tea scents in anything because of an unfortunate Elizabeth Arden issue I had in high school *shudders* Damn you Liz. Also, lotus? Would this be too aquatic? (And why, lord, do aquatic scents always smell like the wrong side of the Bay at low tide to me?!)

But the "blueberry musk" in Jinbari won over my curiosity and I thought, what the hell, lets try a decant. I'm so glad, because I just adore this. Wet in the imp and on skin it is all, well, blueberry musk. (Is that even a thing? And if so, how is this scent so right on??) It's not straight up blueberry fruit, and nowhere near blueberry pie. Rather, this is like a corner of an aged but beloved farmyard, stacked high with blueberries in the corner that is just now moving into cool shade. It's a warm blueberry haze on a still day. I think the lotus and green tea must temper this a bit, keeping the blueberries from going over where they would become too jammy and gourmand.

This is delicate and sits close to the skin. It doesn't shout, it whispers, and in those whispers there are secrets.

Love it for the blast of blueberry I get up front. As it mellows out, it blends seamlessly with the light green, fruity tea. Like a Japanese blueberry incense. Summery and light and pretty. (I didn't get any lotus from it.)

This is mostly about the blueberry musk on me, with the musk becoming more prominent over time, backed by the lotus (which doesn't smell bubblegum-y!). There's some green tea lingering in the background, but this is not a scent that is heavy on that note like Embalming Fluid or Shanghai.

Fans of blueberry (and musk) that aren't wary of lotus should give this one a go! This is a pretty scent that is a musky fruity floral that's also somewhat clean, and I'm glad I got the chance to try it! It's not something I need more of, but I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't gotten more love with that blueberry note!

This reminds me of the best blueberry smoothie I've ever had, or maybe blueberry bubble tea. It's definitely not overly sweet though--the berry flavour just comes through front and centre, strong but not overwhelming. It's heaven-sent for a blueberry-lover like me. I wish I'd had the foresight to grab more bottles of this. I want to wear it every day, and I fear running out one day :(