Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green tea and honey with orange peel, hay absolute, bergamot, and cypress.

Wet/fresh on: green tea and bitter orange peel/bergamot, quite sharp no honey yet, no hay, no cyprus. A fresh scent, very alive.

20-30 mins later, the honey has blossomed, and it is neither a light airy honey nor a thick syrupy one but a golden medium-bodied one (my favorite). The bitterness/sharpness has softened considerably and something else is emerging... something soft, subtle, and woodsy underneath. After about 2.5-3 hours the tea has mellowed to faintness and its mostly a honey-woods scent.

To be fair, I tried this on the back of my hand and my hands have been hella dry lately. I need to try this again on my wrist or crook of my arm and see if the tea sticks around longer on properly moisturized skin. I like all the stages of this so far but Im in the market for a nice tea scent so ideally Id like to smell the tea for longer.

On me the orange came across as lemon, very bright and not particularly sweet, with a backing of green tea. As this wears, it turns into a soft, honeyed green tea similar to the one in Serving Tea After Coitus. It's a pretty scent, but not really me. Probably good for someone who enjoys fresh, light scents that aren't too sweet or floral.

This is a pretty, light, sweet scent. The green tea and orange peel are present in equal measure, and the honey is similar to the one in Hetairae/Les Bijoux but a little stronger and darker. The bergamot adds a little kick and the hay smooths everything out. I don't get any cypress out of this, and I'm starting to think my skin eats it. That or the hay is overpowering it. Regardless, this is lovely. I don't think I'll get a bottle, but I'll probably keep the decant.

This is a light powdery hay scent. It's suited more as an office inoffensive neutral blend.Reminds me of last year's On the Porch in the Rain

In the Bottle:

Orange, hay and soft cypress. Smells fresh and clean

On the Skin:

Lightly honeyed orange. The cypress adds a soft balsamic quality and the bergamot peeks out to add a little dry citrus.

On the Drydown:

I am so glad I blind purchased this. It's a sparkling but complex scent of citrus, very light honey and cypress. The hay adds a backing or warm dryness. This is a beauty

Green tea, honey, orange and a touch of bergamot. This is fresh, clean, skin scent. UGH. So good. Low throw, good wear length.

In the bottle and at application, this is all about the citrus. It very promptly dies down, though, and becomes a close, citrus/cyprus/tea scent. Evokes earl grey, this is a good gender neutral scent. Not a sweet scent, though I suspect the hay/honey are there in the background keeping this from becoming too screechy. Lovely!

Bottle Sniff: How my brain thinks matcha should smell always. Tart, green, but piney.

Initial Skin: Sweetens up, citrus blooms. There's a level I want to call buttery - I think it's hay + Honey.

Drydown: Starts to fade fairly quick on me. the citrus kind of gets eaten up - super bummer. The honey however takes forefront for me. It remains a buttery awkward honey that I'm not so sure about. As it sits I get random wafts of something citrus/fruity.

Verdict; neutral honey-citrus-skin scent with initial notes of citrus and tea. It stays close to the skin.

Edited by Aveya

Green tea scents always seem to fade really quickly on me, but I tend to get great wear length from honey blends. Grappling Octopus lies somewhere in the middle. Wet, I get bright citrus and green tea, a fun, lightweight summer scent with just a hint of evergreen. The honey and hay emerge in drydown, and the citrus and tea fade a bit. On me, after about an hour it becomes primarily a honey blend -- warm honey and hay with hints of citrus and tea. I pretty much lose the cypress altogether. I'm not always in the mood for such a sunny, sweet, optimistic scent as this (and I live in gray Seattle), but it is a lovely summer number.