Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
DJ Sin

Enthusiastic Afternoon Liaison

White sandalwood, sweet incense, cypress, ambrette seed, champaca, and lotus pods.

This is a close to the skin scent. The star of the show is the Lotus and every component adds to it. Very feminine and soft perfume. If you like soft floral scents then this is for you.

This one is quiet and lovely, very smooth and well-blended, I'm getting a good deal of smooth gorgeous champaca (like I do with Temple Viper) and creamy lotus. Super pretty, sweet and soft. I love it!

When I first apply Liaison, and from the bottle, I get mostly cypress -- but it's deep and interesting. A blend to make me like cypress more! But the note steps back in a few minutes, and then there's a soft, quiet lotus up front. Lotus has her turn being complicated and interesting because of the other notes. Then lotus steps back, and I get a stronger sandalwood. Now this is a soft blend: meditative, textured like grainy wood and champaca dust.

Complex, morphy, soft, and pretty.

Very soft, floral, and feminine.

Upon application, I get mostly champaca and ambrette with lots of lotus, making it extremely soft and slightly powdery. After a few moments, the cypress and sandalwood come out, adding a tinge of soft woodiness, but it's only very slight. As it begins to dry, it takes on a hint of incense until it fades into a wisp of soft powder again.

This is beautiful, but it is too soft and floral for me. Someone will be pleased with this one though.

Wet: Of course cypress, the one note I don't like of these, comes out strongest. I smell like a tree.

Dry: Cypress fades away, as does most of the scent. It's turned into a fairly non-descript, soft floral. It's pretty and sweet, but it has no throw and not much lasting power, and is not wowing me, so I think I will pass.

Sandalwood, champaca, and a touch of wood. Soft, woody, light brown in vibe. Soft sandalwood. Good throw and wear length.

Tested this without looking at the notes first. Softly woody and herbal to my nose, a tad astringent, with light but recognizable lotus. It blends as it wears and I get more of a soft, dry lotus with champaca. It actually reminds me of Poor Monkey. Soft, sweet, feminine, snuggly incense sort of blend. Pretty, but doesn't knock my socks off.

ETA: I kept my partial and have grown more fond of this over the years. The scent is richer, though it's still a subdued incense blend.  It's almost mossy or fuzzy in a way I'd expect from amber.  The cypress is more recognizable to me (Whether I'm just more familiar with it, or the note is stronger, I'm not sure.) and it comes across as a dark blue-green. The champaca is soft, smooth, and blends with the cypress in an unusual and lovely way, and the lotus adds a thread of sugary sweetness, making this very feminine, and keeping it from being too foresty. If you like the idea of a feminine cypress and incense combo, this might be worth seeking out.  Over my years of BPALing, I don't think I've ever come across something very similar.  (Maybe Poor Monkey, in a forest, without his fruit. ;) )

Edited by VetchVesper

Pretty champaca dominant soft incense scent.  I don't get any floral.  I have a little shorty decant that ended up on my work desk and stayed there.  I recognize the champaca from Wynter Wakeneth, and in fact this scent is similar to that one IMO.  Love it.