Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Cave of Treasures

Sweet amber and golden honey, cream accord, blue lilac, and a drop of cardamom.

In bottle, I smell nothing but honey and lilac. Wet, it's a blast of the same, and it's a heavy heavy heavy cloud of scent around me. Into drydown, it becomes soapy and powdery, soft but still very present and expansive. Cave of Treasures wears with longevity, about eight hours, until it's just a trace of softness on the skin.

In the imp: Sweet cream; very strong. I want to say that I'm getting a breath of florals and/or amber under that, but the cream is unexpectedly assertive; I'm having trouble distinguishing anything else.

Wet: For the first minute or so, the cream trades place with an unidentified, honeyed floral; there's also a distinct and fascinating edge of aromatic spiciness. Then it passes through an almost bubblegum-y phase (wtf, skin?), before settling down into, yup, pretty much a lilac single note. I don't have a great scent profile for lilac, since I've never lived in a place it grew freely, but this is lovely! A light, sexy-yet-demure, subtle springtime floral. After a few minutes, I start getting wafts of cream and cardamom from afar, while at skin-level it stays very lilac (albeit with a bit of amber at the base). Still a very soft, intimate scent, though.

Dry: For a while, it's pretty much what I was thinking of when I ordered a blind bottle: lilac, spiced and complicated by cardamom and amber. Then, uh. On one hand, there's a delicious musky honey, almost woody, with the spicy/aromatic note remaining. It reminds me of Womb Furie (the 2016 version, at least) or Morocco. On the other hand, I kept getting whiffs of straight up baby-smell throughout the day. Milky and powdery (amber generally plays very nicely with my skin, but it looks like it's not doing so this time), and smelling exactly like a clean, very new, baby. Very unexpected, and if you're looking for a maternal scent, look no further! (At least, if your skin chemistry does the same weird things mine does.) That said, this is something I'm super not into.

On one hand, the lilac is glorious - occasionally complicated by other notes and at other times completely and unmistakably itself. But on the other hand: new baby smell. No thank you.

This is a lovely lilac scent with a fair amount of sweet to it. It's less fresh sweetness and more honey warm sweetness from the honey and amber. It's warmer and lilac-spicier than expected but very nice.

So, I blind-bottled this. And got a backup without sniffing. The reviews were just too good to ignore, and, well, I adore lilac. Luckily after testing it I can say I love it just as much as everyone else. The lilac is strong and heady, and mixed with the honey it's almost boozy. The cream notes smooth it out a bit and bring out the natural creaminess of the lilacs. The amber and cardamom are both there, but just tiny hints at the end of the sniff, making it sweet and a little spicy. I will be wearing this tons, and I can't wait to see how it ages.

I initially passed, because lilac is not good on me, it always smells like fake, floral air freshener. I should have listened to my gut, as this is definitely what I smell here. Initially, lovely honey and a touch of floral. After a bit, the lilac takes over. Too bad, as amber is amazing on me, and I can just get the bareist of whiffs underneath THE LILAC. Not for me.

Cave of Treasures now it's aged for a couple of months. This is sooooo lovely. A beautiful, super soft, creamy, slightly warm floral. It almost seems to disappear but then I realise I'm sitting here in a soft, soft sweet cloud. I feel like this the sort of throw that if you didn't know it was perfume you'd just think there were lovely flowers around making the world smell better. But instead it's me. I am the flower. :biggrin: This will be lovely in spring/summer and great for work. I also feel like it's a nice one for people who don't generally like florals just because it's so soft. It's sweet but in a really natural way. Gorgeous.

Usually I steer clear of lilac because I have not had luck with it in the past. But the hype of this scent intrigued me to give it a shot! I was luck to get a decant of this from a swap :)

Dry on my skin it smells like a luxury perfume without the alcoholic-based. The lilac is quite calm on my skin and it is balanced equally among the other notes. I do not distinctly smell the cream accord but maybe it is helping blend everything together! I get a soft floral musk with a sexy hint of honeyed amber. It is very pretty and sophisticated. :wub2: Maybe even bottle worthy!

Honey and cream accord, with strong lilac. I love creamy florals, I'd buy them all! This is so sexy. I never thought of lilac as sexy, but the honey and cream are what does it! This is NOT an "old lady" lilac - it's lush and flirtatious! Love!

Cream and honey all through the wet stage. I'm getting very little lilac here, oddly enough. I can tell there is a soft floral, but I'd never be able to identify it as lilac going in blind. Drying brings the amber out for me, but that's it. Creamy, honeyed amber with minimal floral. Whomp-whomp. It's not a bad scent by any stretch of the imagination, but what happened to all that lovely lilac others had? Dumb chemistry

This is one of those pale, creamy, sweetened florals that the Lab does so magnificently. And lilac is one of my favorite florals, so I jumped at the chance to get a partial of this (already had a decant). Wet it's honeyed cream and lilac, with maybe the tiniest bit of cardamom around the edges. It doesn't morph a lot on me, and it lasts for a long time. A springtime, daytime, garden party scent, very feminine, light enough to wear to work or anywhere else for that matter. Just ridiculously lovely.

In the decant: The honey and lilac notes stand out to me the most, followed by the amber, a bit of cardamom, and a hint of cream.

Wet: Creamy, honeyed lilac and amber with just a touch of cardamom. The scent becomes creamier over time, but the honeyed lilac continues to reign.

Dry: It stays that way for a while. Then the honey ends up being the dominant note after several hours of wear, with the amber and lilac behind it. I am not getting any cardamom from this anymore, and the cream now resides in the background. It is primarily a honeyed amber and lilac scent.

Verdict: This one is nice, but I wish the lilac and cream were a little stronger. I don't feel the need to try to obtain more of it, but I am really glad to have been able to try it.

In bottle: Very, Very amber dominant with lilac support.  It's a classic sexy women's fragrance, with a touch of honey and cream to lend it an unexpected softer edge.  Wet: More balanced on the skin,  Still amber dominant with the floral element bridging the more foodie touches.  he lilac comes into it's own as it warms.  Dry: Soft, sweetened Amber.

Starts out as a beautiful, promising, juicy lilac. During the drydown it becomes an iris/stamen note, but once it’s fully dry, the juicy lilac returns. Not much throw.

Wild! At first this is 100% incredibly realistic straight-up lilacs! As it wears on my skin it brings out more sugary sweetness and I'm picturing a lilac encrusted in white sparkling sugar. My nose can't pick up any distinct amber notes which I was kind of hoping for more of in this blend. I do get a nice lil' hint of spice from the cardamom and eventually honey notes come out to play on drydown. I think this one is slightly too floral for my personal taste but I must say it is objectively BEAUTIFUL. A sweet but fresh very true-to-life floral beauty!