Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Adventure with Bandits in a Kago

Nectarine and pearl peach, white frankincense, and gardenia.

In the bottle: juicy ripe fleshy fruit

Wet on the skin: juicy, ripe, realistic nectarines and soft peaches. There's a little frankincense, but it's light, and the gardenia seems present, but maybe a little distant.

Dry down: I was worried the nectarine and peach would dry down too soft, but they stay lovely and fruity, if not so juicy, and the gardenia steps up without being over powering.

This is a gorgeous blend! Going to be one of my favorites. I'd put it in a similar family to another favorite: Josie (but sans honey, and maybe lighter/fresher fruit, and gardenia is slightly less heady than magnolia).

This is a lovely, light, fruity floral.

All realistic juicy peach when first applied, and as it dries down, the gardenia comes out. I was worried about the gardenia but it's so light and airy, like walking past a blooming garden. It's not an overwhelming, punch-you-in-the-face floral at all. The fruit notes lose their fresh/juicy quality a bit as it wears, but they're definitely still noticeable and they keep the blend sweet. The white frankincense is in the background, giving the blend a little bit of depth. It has a surprisingly good amount of throw and longevity for something so light.

I really like it -- it's pretty and light but still interesting, fruity without being foody, floral without being heady.

Adventure with Bandits in a Kago is such a beautiful fruity-floral. The nectarine and pearl peach are juicy but not too sweet, and the gardenia is perfectly balanced. The white frankincense helps anchor everything but doesn't overwhelm at all, in fact it's quite subtle.

On drydown, the nectarine, peach, and gardenia are equally weighted and the frankincense just acts like a dimmer, bringing down the natural brightness and sweetness of these notes a bit, making them even more wearable for me.

So juicy! The peach/nectarine combo is luscious. On dry down I get a bit of frankincense in the background, but not much. Just enough to keep it grounded.

Very well rounded and just a little bit creamy with the pearled peach standing out as the top note. The nectarine in the background gives it all a bit of squirt and keeps things fresh. I'm not getting very much Frankincense except as perhaps a tiny bit of resinous "silver" warmth. It's quite strong and I keep getting little peachy whiffs of it in the air.
Overall, it's girly and quite pretty, but for some reason, I seriously AMP Peach when it's in anything and I'm smelling just like peach potpourri or a candle, instead of the fresh peachy garden I want. It's just not working with my chemistry (cry)

Edited by Jenjin

I wore this out last night and felt so pretty. I love gardenia, but it can be very overpowering in perfume form, fortunately in Adventure with Bandits in a Kago it is just a perfect, light creamy floral. Feminine and dreamy.

The nectarine/peach combo is genius - works perfectly with the gardenia and the brightness of the fruit is paired well with the frankincense, which like LiberAmoris says above, acts as sort of necessary dimmer switch to keep the sweet fruits and heady floral in check.

Like izile, it reminds me of Josie - which I also love - but I think Adventure with Bandits is even better - a little fresher, a little less assertive (in a good way).

I really love this - it may be my perfect gardenia blend and I'm considering getting two bottles (which so far I have never done).

Edited by joopjoop

Pretty!

This smells creamy, sweet and juicy on my skin with a vague hint of almost going tropical and that could be the combo of nectarine and gardenia being the most dominant on me. Gardenia and I have a love hate relationship........ But in this, it's stunning and not too cloying. I like it, but not enough for a bottle.

These are some great-smelling bandits, wow! This is actually what I hoped Humanite would be on me: tropical juicy sexy goodness. My go-to for gardenia is Lady of Shalott, and my favorite fruity scent is Titania, so this is like a gorgeous meeting of the two (but with none of Titania's iced pear, all peach). Perfect for a tropical vacation!

Sweet, cool peaches and creamy gardenia. Yup. Peaches and gardenia. But hurray, one blend where the gardenia does not smell like wet wool! That said, this may be too sweet and peachy for me. Great throw and wear length.

This is my first foray into the Lupers (Weenies have always been more of my thing, seasonally). And...golly. I'm usually not one for florals or sweet notes, but this one kills me right out of the gate. It is perhaps the most perfect gardenia scent. Gardenias have always been my mother's favorite flower, and she has been terribly sick for the past year, so I've been all the more conscious of things that remind me of how she used to be. I love this. Gardenia is a difficult floral because it leans towards the heady, and it can be very cloying. But this is perhaps the first time I've encountered it so perfectly-balanced in a perfume. For me, gardenia is by far the most perceptible note--this is definitely a gardenia scent, on my skin, at least. However, the peach and the frankincense blend almost seamlessly with the gardenia. I love the scent of flowers, of course, but floral notes have been difficult for me in the past, because it's hard to replicate the exact scent of a real flower--you can capture the oils and the essence, but without that near-inimitable sense of freshness of living tissue, the scent will often come off as sickly, heavy, and cloying.

Not this one. The blend here is perfect in its offset and balance. After years of disappointment in gardenia scents, I've finally found my grail.

Gonna spring for the full bottle on this one. Lupers have officially roped me in, hard.

Wet: Pretty darn lovely. Juicy, realistic fruit (sometimes peach smells fake on me, not here!) and soft gardenia. It's heady without making me want to sneeze. Very well balances. I wouldn't have said this was really my type of scent. It's very classic though, elegant and pretty, and I am digging it.

Dry: Just really pretty. It smells like spring in a bottle. I don't wear this type of scent much, but this makes me feel like I SHOULD. I sort of want to get a bottle, even though I have way too many bottles right now...

In the bottle, I get a soft, airily floral peach and nectarine.

On my skin, this is lovely. The peach and nectarine aren’t as sharp and bright as fruits can sometimes be when freshly applied. Rather, they’re smooth and silky, almost cushiony, with an airy and creamy quality from the gardenia, and maybe also other things not in the notes list. Somehow I’m getting an orchid-or-something impression, too, with maybe a little vanilla. Pale frankincense is barely there, in the back of the nose, and lightly grounding.

I initially passed over this one because of the gardenia, but based on reviews and just on a lark, I picked it up the day before Lupers came down. This is one of those “I’m glad I did” reviews. This is spring- and summer-like, not too sweet for me, and a hybrid of playfulness and elegance.

My constant search for a peach and a gardenia blend that feels perfect for me. On first sniff, this was much juicier and fruitier than I hoped. The nectarine, I think. I don't know what to think about this; by the time the frankincense shows, it's starting to fade away. It smells nice and light, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. The search continues.

When I'd wear this: Summer brunch

Absolutely gorgeous blend for sultry summer days and nights. The gardenia is so lush and sexy, and the nectarine and peach keep it sweet and flirty. I want to slather this on all summer long!

So... without looking at the notes, I got musky peach and a white floral.  Maybe magnolia or gardenia?  

Apparently that's gardenia.  It's tempered quite a bit by the other notes though, at least to my nose.  The peach and nectarine, which were the most prominent notes at first, are now making way for the gardenia, and it's becoming more and more recognizable.  It doesn't want to share the stage either.  It's pretty, but something about the way it plays with the frankincense's dusty resinous aspect tingles my nose and reminds me of soap.  I think this is a pretty blend, but I have other gardenia scents I prefer.  BUT, if the idea of a peach and white floral combo sounds nice to you, this one's quite pleasant.    

Edited by VetchVesper

I originally fell in love with this because of the peach. But my skin chemistry brings out the floral note. Husband thought it smelled like jasmine. So, off to swaps this goes.

Adventure with Bandits is peach candy on me.  OK, there's a little gardenia, too.  I was hoping the frank would keep it from going too sweet, but it barely shows up on my skin.  Peach, peach, peach!

This is so much prettier than I was expecting. I am not a huge florals person, and gardenia is one of those florals that can be overwhelming. But I really like this. In the decant, this is all nectarine and peach. There's a hint of floral, but it doesn't make it's true appearance until it's on my skin. Once applied, the peach jumps out, and that gardenia makes its presence known. It's heady, but not cloying, and the fruit is fresh and bright, weaving in and out of the gardenia and keeping it from being all gardenia all the time. I don't get any frankincense until much later into the wear, but it adds a slight earthiness to the overall brightness. It's very gardenia-forward on me, but very well-blended, feminine, and pretty. Like walking through a flower garden while eating a peach.