Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bassmastadroog

A Source of Sexual Knowledge to Individuals and Couples

Green tea and honey with a touch of wasabi.

In the bottle it smells like a pine sort of potpourri.

On skin, a very high pitched green tea. It takes a moment for the astringent potpourri like scent to separate into individual notes. I can smell the honey only when I waft my wrist up to my nose. The wasabi is interesting, and definitely does to your nose the fire dance that wasabi usually does. It's delectable- it's a cup of green tea on a tray with wasabi, possibly waiting for sushi. The only problem I have is that every now and then it becomes a blended potpourri. It is a fresh scent, and the honey grows a little stronger as the wear goes on...and it dries into a very dry green tea sweetened by honey. I think it's growing on me.

In the bottle: green tea with a touch of the wasabi in the back. Like the previous review it does evoke the image of a cup of green tea next to a plate of wasabi in a sushi restaurant. Right on.

On the skin: green tea but now the honey is HERE. The wasabi is sadly missing at this stage. It isn't a shrill green tea, but it isn't as creamy as a matcha type green tea.

A few hours later: Spicy green tea with a sweet vein of honey snaking through. It's close to the skin, but very fresh and easy to detect. I anticipate using this a lot during spring. :biggrin:

On the wand: A lightly honeyed green tea with a hint of wasabi around the edges.

Wet on my skin: About the same. The wasabi comes out a little more. Sometimes wasabi is mainly just a little grainy texture in my nose, but this one smells like a green wasabi. It's strongest during this phase but doesn't dominate the blend.

Dried: The wasabi mostly recedes, just lingering a bit. This settles into a lightly honeyed green tea and at this point reminds me of the green tea note left mostly alone (but smelling a little honeyed) when Jinbari has been dry for a while.

Fades to a faint skin scent on me in an hour. I like this, but I don't know that I'll go beyond the decant.

Oh, this is a pretty one but it's close to the skin. The initial wasabi blast reads as a blast of cool, sharp mint to me because my nose doesn't know what the hell it's doing, but it's refreshing none the less. After that it quickly dries down to a honeyed green tea. Definitely one to hold onto for summer.

I bought a half-bottle of this from a Luper circle, and I ended up being really glad I did!

First Sniff Impression: Oooh, like fresh mint honey.

Wet in Vial: The green tea and wasabi in this combine to make such a refreshing, awesome scent. It actually reminds me of rosemary mint bodywash I used to have and love. The honey sweetens it just enough..

Drying Down on Skin: Drying down, I am SO glad I have a half bottle of this with more on the way. It's just how I love to smell sometimes: fresh and sweet in a very natural, herbal way.

Dry on Skin: After a couple hours the freshness of the wasabi went away, leaving a sweet honey green tea behind. It was still really nice, but I worry if I might get sick of it after a while.

Conclusion: I'd probably need to wear this few and far between in case I start to get sick of the sweet-phase. But it's still a wonderful scent and I'm glad I have an original bottle of it.

Honeyed green tea and a whiff of fresh wasabi. I actually really liked this. It was definitely a Shunga, but it smelled so bright and clean that I forgot about the wasabi.

Hmmm, I may have to find a partial of this.

This is very pretty. I wasn't sure when I first got it, but it's smoothed into something nice, refreshing, and relaxing. It's definitely a tea blend, but it doesn't have the lemony edge I usually smell. The wasabi actually comes across as minty to my nose and slightly camphorous. The perfume is not too sweet, cool on my skin, and lovely for summer. It makes me think of sipping an icy drink with a slight bite of bitters or gin. Something herbal. I think this might be my favorite of the tea blends Lupers this year. Definitely different.

I tested Grappling Octopus a couple of days ago, and Source of Sexual Knowledge is a very similar scent (I'll have to death match them one of these days). Both feature green tea and honey, and in both cases, the green tea sticks around a lot longer than it usually does on me. Here, it's the wasabi that seems to complement the green tea perfectly and pin it to my skin. I think it's a great hot-weather scent, bright and refreshing.