Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

White Chocolate and Asian Pear

[No additional description provided.]

Another sweet win!

In the bottle, it is a lovely white choco and pear!

On skin - it stays the same... it is a sweet choco/pear. Not overly sweet, but sweet enough for foody lovers!

Drydown - the pear comes out a little more in front, but the choco is there. Very light.... fades quick, but it is very nice.

*Edited to give better review..... did a proper test! :)

Edited by Numanoid

Not quite the sweet pear I was hoping for. I can smell it when wet, but by dry-down this is all chocolate all the time. On the plus side, white chocolate is my favorite chocolate note, and this will be great for layering.

Powerful throw.

I blind bottled this scent because I love Asian Pear. Sometimes BPAL's chocolate notes either don't work for me or just vanish completely (I'm looking at you White Chocolate and Sugared Violets!) which is not a bad thing if I like the other scent.

In the bottle: Amazingly delicious chocolate. It doesn't smell like white chocolate to me, this is full on real chocolate.

Wet: I want to eat my wrist. It's chocolate with just a hint of pear and so delicious. This is how I wish every BPAL chocolate scent smelt on me.

Dry: Still a lot of chocolate, though occasionally it fades and I get more pear, only for the pear to fade and the chocolate to come back. It's been about 4.5 hours and it has definitely gotten fainter, but for the first 2 hours it's just a glorious scent. I definitely do not regret blind bottling this and now I want to try some of the other chocolates.

Pure chocolate. It's pretty much impossible to pick out the 'white' aspect without directly comparing it to a dark chocolate scent, which I did with Cacao Pod. At that point I was finally able to smell the difference, but without that direct comparison my nose read this as pure chocolate. Didn't get pear pretty much at all. There were a few moments I thought I was getting a whiff here or there, but the chocolate is just too loud. It overwhelmed the pear for me.

I really wanted to love this.

Pear is a note we don't see a lot of and I was hoping the chocolate wouldn't be too dominant. But it is and I get a vague bit of pear, but the chocolate completely stomps over it. I love my chocolate scents, but I have so many right now. I will keep the decant but I will pass on a bottle.

I agree with others who have said that this doesn't smell like the white chocolate note. It smells like a sweet milk chocolate powder (like the mix for making hot cocoa) with a syrupy, green pear laying in the middle of it. The pear does stick around for me, but it's about 80% chocolate and 20% pear. I like this, but I don't know if it's a keeper, because I have ten other Chocolate Box scents that I like more and that have better throw on my skin...
I wish that I could get this pear as a single note, though, because it's not the sickly-sweet pear gummi scent that I usually get from bpal's pear notes. It has a green, true edge to it that I really like.

In the bottle, this is just pure chocolate. I'm not getting anything 'white' about it, it just smells like straight up milk chocolate which has me worried as I was so looking forward to the Labs glorious glorious white choc note. And no pear! Just milk chocolate. Yep.

On my skin, ahhh there's the white chocolate! And the pear! The white chocolate is lovely and creamy, with those strong hints of milk and vanilla that enables me to distinguish the fact that it is indeed white chocolate that I can now smell. It's adding a slightly powdery/dusty quality which I personally like. And it doesn't overpower the pear at all, both notes are balanced beautifully. The pear is deliciously sweet and fresh, combined with the white choc note, this blend is seriously mouth-watering! Definitely one for the foodies with a sweet tooth.

After the initial concern at the bottle sniff, this turned out to be exactly what I was hoping for, and it's currently wrestling with The Perilous Parlour for the title of My Top Pear Scent (PP has held the title for a loooong time). Throw is surprisingly strong, medium staying power.

Wet: Chocolate! Not white, though; it smells like milk chocolate to me. No pear yet.

Dry: THERE is the white chocolate! A light white chocolate with a bit of juicyness in the background; it's not really translating to pear on my skin, but it's still nice.

Edited by donkehpoo

I never got any of the pear from this, it was all powdery chocolate. It smelled closer to milk chocolate instead of white to me, like other reviewers have mentioned.

It was okay. I would have liked the pear to show up, but it's still a nice chocolate scent. Even though it didn't read white chocolate to me.