Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Dark Chocolate, Whiskey, and Cardamom-Infused Caramel

[No additional description provided.]

This one is SOOOO GOOD!!

The oil is very dark in color! Sniffing in the bottle, this is so rich and chocolatey..... any choco lover, please get this now.

Sniffing this, I get all the notes... all prominent. I am always leary of any booze notes, but this one is very well blended.

On my skin, I smell the most amazing candy! If this was available as a valentine candy, I would be eating this hand over fist.

Drydown is amazing! It stays true all the way through! Very decadant and I love it... the caramel... the whiskey..... the cardamom!! I am in love!

Dark Chocolate Whiskey Cognac Truffle is a top 5 for me, so I was super excited for this.

This is just like that, but sweeter with the addition of caramel and some subtle spiciness. The chocolate is a bitter, rich dark chocolate, the whiskey is present but not a in your face note, and underneath is a rich layer of yummy goopy spicy caramel. It has a lot of throw, so a little goes a long way. Total keeper!

I am obsessed with cardamom right now, and I love caramel.

Wet: So I went to Nashville in the fall, and we went on a tour of the Jack Daniel's distillery (which was so cool) and this takes me right back there!!! This is all whisky on me, mixed with sweet caramel. I want to drink it pretty badly, but not sure I want to wear it.

Dry: The chocolate comes out, and the whisky fades a bit, and this becomes much more wearable. It's exceedingly pleasant, it's just not wowing me. The cardamom isn't present on me, which is sad because I think that would have taken it to the next level.

This smells AMAZING in the bottle! Deep and delicious with the chocolate, whiskey, and yummy caramel, just a pinch of cardamom. On my skin, it turns into something putrid...a horrible sour booze-puke smell. WTF, MySkinChemistry! Way to go with ruining something wonderful, MySkinChemistry! Seriously! So I had to wash it off after about 50 minutes. I am going to come back to this one in a week or two because I am just not ready to give up on something that smells so divine by itself. I suppose if all else fails I can use this as a room scent and with a scent locket... I wish it was an atmo spray!

Edited by The Forest Floor

In the bottle: Boozy, sweet dark chocolate.

Wet on my skin: Yummmm. This is delicious.

Dry: Smoky dark chocolate like in last year's dark chocolate blends, but this one is sweetened by whiskey and herbal caramel. It's reminiscent of both my box of chocolates favourites from last year, including the amazing Dark Chocolate, Black Tobacco, and Vetiver, but the other notes are even chewier and sweeter under the smoky, slightly-bitter dark chocolate. Chewy, thick, rich, whiskey-blended dark chocolate coating a slightly herbal caramel. I want to eat my arm.

This scent broke my heart, because when wet it is the most beautiful dark, slightly bitter cocoa mixed with expensive bourbon that is just magnificent. But after a few minutes the booziness and caramel start to amp, and by the time it's dry I smell so strongly of syrup-y whiskey that I wouldn't trust myself to operate heavy machinery.

If your chemistry does well with boozy notes, this scent is gorgeous! It just doesn't seem to like me :(

Edited by hem246

Based on the smell in the bottle, I was worried that the caramel would be super-aggressive, but on me it completely chilled out and just gave a lovely sweetness to the chocolate. The whisky and spice stayed in the background, giving it some depth and mystery. Overall this comes off like a very grownup, smooth, expensive dark chocolate.

I blind-bottled this after seeing one review (thank you, Numanoid!), because foodie scents are dear friends of mine and cardamom is probably my favorite spice smell on earth. I'm very much glad I did, because this is incredible. I actually smelled my wrist and whistled in admiration. Yet again the lab blows my mind with the things they accomplish.

Much like an actual truffle this is all about the center on my skin. The chocolate is present but it's just a hint on top of everything else; it is, however, gorgeously dark with a bitter bite to it. The whiskey is aromatic and sharp, actually more perfumey than boozy. The caramel is rich, gooey, and smooth and acts as both heart and base, and the cardamom weaves through everything and enhances the spicy/aromatic qualities of the whiskey and the sweetness of the caramel. A definite winner for anyone who likes these notes.

I've been blithely ordering from the box of chocolates for a few years without considering that these little treats are _supposed_ to be foodie (because I've picked out the ones that contain the fewest ingredients of actual food, I guess). This one scared me in the bottle (lab fresh, weekended inside waiting for me to return from a trip) because it's a caramel-y blast of the most foodie kind, and usually that note goes scary wrong on my skin. Besides, I thought sniffing the bottle again, this caramel thing is a nice _house_ scent maybe not a nice person scent.

But I bravely slathered some on my free wrist and was surprised at how very quickly the caramel was tamed (dare I say overwhelmed?) by the extremely rich dark decidedly un-sweet whiskey. There is almost a chewy vetiver-esque edge to the booziness and it has a certain dirty edge to it that would make me a lot less likely to eat this chocolate caramel. Speaking of chocolate, it's there in its lovely gourmand way, supporting both caramel by grounding it and booze by (oddly) sweetening it. No cardamom detected after 12 hours of wear, but there are a lot of other powerful scents here, maybe I'll find it in time - or in the scent warmer, where I shall try it next.

In summary, I will 100% try it again. The whiskey skews this one strongly masculine, which I really like. I will also try it in the scent warmer.

Tzi

Almost identical to the Dark Chocolate, Whiskey and Cognac Truffle, which makes sense. The Cognac one even had a similar spiciness to it on my skin. This one is just a little bit sweeter from the caramel, though I don't get a lot of caramel.
The whiskey a little too sour for my tastes. Like biting into a creamy, sweet, dark chocolate truffle and getting a mouthful of sour, thick liquor.

Whiskey and cardamom are much more present on wet, and then it dries down to a heavy caramel with a whiff of chocolate. Great throw and wear length. Very foodie. Ugh, this smells like amazing caramel chocolate.

In bottle:  Heaven.  This is a perfect mix of dark chocolate and whiskey sweetened by caramel, the touch of cardamom adding depth.  I wish I had a whole bottle. Wet: More whiskey on the skin.  The dark chocolate is lovely support.  The caramel and cardamom really come into their own as it warms.  Sweeter on the skin than in the bottle.  Dry: Sweetened dark chocolate and a touch of whiskey.

This ended up smelling like chocolate stout cake on me. This is what I wanted Chocolate Stout Cupcake from 2014 to smell like. I've made chocolate stout cake before. It's rich and dark, and the beer giving it just that hint of alcohol that tweaks it just enough to turn the sweetness into a musk. Kinda hard to explain, but imagine spilling beer on your skin, and letting it dry. Anywho, I'm happy to report the cardamom doesn't overwhelm things, nor does the whiskey. And I even got many compliments on it when we went out. Super winner!