BPAL Madness!
ClockworkMoM

I Too Beneath Your Moon

I too beneath your moon, almighty Sex,
Go forth at nightfall crying like a cat,
Leaving the lofty tower I laboured at
For birds to foul and boys and girls to vex
Edna St. Vincent Millay

Vanilla cream, white patchouli, French lavender, bergamot, and apple.

This is a lovely morphing scent!! When I first put the blend on, it was very tart/apple heavy. As it dried, it softened into a lovely vanilla and lavender with the apple taking a firm backseat. The bergamot was not something that I detected individually, but I think that too is softening and sweetening the blend. None of the notes end up as dominant, but all ended up in a sweet, comforting "me" smell. Literally, a comfort smell that smells like what I would like my base scent, but better, to be. This was my second favorite from our Lunacy event and came home with me! I can't wait to try it with Lilith's Hair Gloss!!

This is an amazing creamy apple scent. It's soft from the vanilla, a little sharp and fruity from the apple, and all soft and lovely. The apple does fade a little, but the vanilla doesn't dominate, which is unusual for my skin. It just kind of ends up like a granny smith apples stewed in cream and vanilla. It's completely gorgeous and soft and inviting. I don't get the lavender or bergamont as individual notes, but there's a faint floral note about the apple that I suspect is from the influence of those two. I honestly can't praise this one enough, I adore it.

Wow, I too Beneath your Moon is lovely! I ordered this against my better judgement because I can't wear apple scents, to me they're "ALL SHAMPOO ALL THE TIME!". So I wasn't very impressed that first 5 minutes after applying, the apple was very strong.

Like ClockworkMom said, this is a morpher. Not 10 minutes later the apple faded and the vanilla cream and white patchouli came out to play. The vanilla is a beautiful beeswaxy vanilla and the patchouli is clean but brings a nice depth to the scent.

All of the notes end up blending into a sweet and heart-warming creamy vanilla apple.

This started out amazing. Wet, it was every note and was a bit of a jumble, but as it dried it turned to this amazing creamy lavender, with a bright freshness from the bergamot and apple. The apple was more like apple blossom, and it was all lovely.

Then about an hour later, if not less, it was just vanilla cake, the musty vanilla cake I get in Eat Me. So very, very sad :( If it got to this stage after a few hours I wouldn't mind, but within an hour is just too short.

On the wand, this smells like lush, creamy apple with a bright, higher-pitched bergamot. I get a little lavender nearly hidden between them.

Wet on my skin, it’s the same, except a lovely lavender like that in Pere Noel wafts out. Surprisingly, this goes initially lavender-dominant on my skin, brightened with bergamot, with a creamy apple in the background. The high pitch of this bergamot reminds me of some jasmines.

As it dries, the blend becomes mostly a high-pitched, almost medicinal mix on me for a while, not objectionable, but something to be in the mood for. I wish I were getting more of the creamy apple, and the white patchouli has made no appearance.

Once the blend has completely dried, its medicinal vibe fades and the creamy apple comes back out to play, with just a hint of white patchouli.

It lasts under two hours on me, but I like it.

i'm hesitant to post this, because i don't want to spoil this for anyone or cause anyone to dislike it based on my review...

y'all know that a lot of my BPAL collection are things i want to keep because they're scent memories - not necessarily things i want to wear as perfume, but just little bottles of memories.

this is what my furbaby Cleo smelled like after a bath with pet shampoo (probably Hartz? something we'd get at the grocery store, in the late 80s/early 90s). so a combination of warm (angry) kitty and the shampoo.

i keep trying to move past that, to try and smell apple, lavender, patchouli or vanilla but all i can smell is an angry Cleo. this is one of the BPAL scents that makes me cry, because it is a precious memory in a tiny little bottle.

This starts out with a huge whiff of apple and a surprisingly soft lavender, with the vanilla cream gradually amping as vanilla tends to do on my skin. It smells like both vanilla and milk, and is slightly foody but in a comforting kind of way. There's just a touch of spice at the end of the sniff, which I think is both the bergamot and the patch. They're soft, not at all overwhelming, and overall this is a beautiful feminine scent. It strikes me as the your-skin-but-better kind of smell, which surprisingly enough I didn't have yet. I think this one might be it for me! I may have to get backups.

This is really soft and beautiful - creamy vanilla apple with patch. It starts off with a strong flow, but dies down very quickly. I really like it, but I wish it stuck around a little longer.

In the bottle: Apple and lavender

Wet on skin: The apple and lavender are fighting over who is the dominant one

Dry on skin: The vanilla cream comes out and softens the lavender and apple. There is a hint of spice, which I'm assuming is the bergamot. I don't really get any patchouli.

I think this is my favorite of the Lupers this year. It's a beautiful creamy scent, and has a comforting feeling. I think this will only get more beautiful as it ages.

On my skin this a beautiful toasted patchouli blend. It reminds me a bit of Goblin, only that one had the black patchouli variety. I get no apples, no vanilla cream or bergamot, just lavender when it was freshly applied. Patchouli lovers, hurry and get a bottle of this ASAP!

This reminds me, at first, of Apple I, a Weenie from a few years ago. It's all vanilla cream and sweet, juicy apple. The lavander starts to peek out on my skin, which is nice until it starts to bully the other notes. Everything's being overshadowed by sharp, dirty lavander. I miss the sweet apple. :(

Eventually this settles down and becomes wearable, but it never really achieves the right balance on me. If you wear lavander well though, this might be a win.

Wet: tart apple

Dry: tart, green apple with a hint of lavender.

Drydown: tiny hint of apple and vanilla, with the patchouli peeking out. Really nice and a fruity clean. Not a must-have for apple lovers.

Still somewhat forgoing my usual format for reviews, though I feel I'll get a bit more in-depth with this one than Smut (my other favorite Lupercalia scent).

This starts off as green apple (or maybe apple simply tarted up by the lavender and/or bergamot that can also be smelled) and vanilla cream. I think the white patchouli is somewhat hanging in the background at first. The vanilla cream feels like it could have been cloying without the apple to settle it down; as it is, the whole thing smells great to me.

Later on, the white patchouli moved forward and the apple died down to a small fruitiness. The vanilla cream is still kept in check. Honestly, I had veen mildly concerned about the patchouli since some other patchouli scents have been way to strong for me (like Masquerade or Obsidian Widow), but the white variety patchouli in this is a pleasant muskiness as far as I can tell.

Overall, this is the favorite of the Lupercalias on my first year purchasing any (also got Hoiru, Smut, Womb Furie, and Diligent Instruction for the Bridal Night). In fact, it's one of my favorite BPALs in general since I have a bad habit of falling in love with limited editions (such as The Serpentine from the Lilith collection). VetchVesper might be right about the whole lavender thing since The Serpentine is lavender-heavy.

Edited by KezzieZ

I had virtually no hesitation in purchasing a bottle of this, as every note is a winner for me pretty much 100% of the time, and I was not disappointed. It's just so pretty, I wish I had more descriptive things to say about it, but this is one of those scents that is just so achingly beautiful that the only accurate descriptor of my adoration for it is my eyes rolling to the back of my head as I let out a heavy sigh.

It's slightly sweet, somewhat close to the skin. I primarily get the vanilla cream, apple and lavender from this; upon first application the apple is strongest, but as it settles the vanilla becomes more present, all the while the lavender (of the smooth, creamy variety) has a consistent supporting role, and in my opinion that's what really makes the scent so beautiful. It's not an overpowering lavender, it's just present enough to enhance the other notes beautifully. To me this is a very sensual, feminine and romantic scent, and it instantly became one of my top 3. Fades a bit faster than I would like, but that's the only drawback. Backup bottle-worthy.

Edited by Moth Dust

Apple, lavender, and pillowy vanilla cream. This ends up somewhat plasticky on my skin. Great skin scent though. Low throw, great wear length.

Sharp and strong weird apple at first! Ruh-roh Shaggy. I cannot wear apple. I've tried SO many apples and finally gave up. I just had to try, one last time because I adore all the other notes here--besides apple.
After a few minutes, I can tell, this just might be my HG of APPLE. The patch moves forward, lifting the herbal lavender along with it. Then, the fluffy vanilla cream steps in to pack a great big PUNCH of SMOOTH. YES! Oh, this is really divine. Almost another version of TKO with more spice, apple musk and fluff. MINE!

Edited by Jenjin

This is a lovely fruity-creamy blend that blossoms with crisp, shining apple with every sniff. I'm putting this away for aging because I really think the white patchouli will develop beautifully, making this an exquisite blend that will be popular in later years.

In the bottle this is apple and patchouli.

Then on fresh application this went.... burnt rubber on me and was absolutely awful.

Luckily that passed quickly and I didn't rush to wash it off because as soon as it dried that awful stink went away and left behind the softest vanilla creaminess mixed with lavender, with a touch of bergamot sweetening it even further and the apple just barely there in the background adding a nice quiet tart note.

Really nice! I really hope that age doesn't bring out more of that awfulness that happened so briefly at the start. As long as that continues to mysteriously vanish, this will stay one of my faves.

Mmm, I can see what all the fuss is about with this one. Apple isnt normally much of a note Im drawn to, except seasonally in the fall, but this is very nice, creamy, and very well balanced. I like it and am glad I have a bottle.

This scent is quite the morpher! I adore it and I'm surprised I haven't reviewed it yet. I Too Beneath Your Moon and La Tentation were some of my favorites from last year's Luper season.

Wet on the skin: Lots of lavender and tart pink apple!

Dry down: The patchouli and vanilla cream emerges. They quiet down the apple and lavender.

Final dry down: A perfect balance of sweet and calm. The sweetness is grounded and balanced by the soft patchouli note. I amp the patchouli more than the lavender on this one. The luscious vanilla cream peaks out behind the patchouli and lavender. The apple is just whispering behind all the notes to give it that subtle flirty sweetness! I don't get any bergamot (which is good for me because bergamot doesn't work well most of the time on my skin).

This scent is perfect for daytime wear as it lasts on the skin awhile. Medium throw. I definitely love this scent for Spring. :wub3: It is a unique and complimentary combination of notes.

In bottle:  Lavender dominant with strong bergamot support.  The Apple is second strongest and beautifully blended with the cream.  The patchouli is gentle and supports the apple.  Wet: The apple moves into dominance with lavender and bergamot in strong support.  It is perfection.  The vanilla cream smoothes the edges and that hint of patch is just right, enough to tease the nose without standing out.  I wish I had a bottle of this, because I think it would have been a favorite.  Dry: Mostly lavender.

In the decant: I'm getting vanilla cream and apple.

On me: I smell a red apple dipped in some vanilla cream with a few lavender buds. The lavender gains strength as the scent dries and joins the apple and vanilla cream as one of the dominant notes. It is now more like a pile of dried lavender buds. I kept thinking it was familiar, and then I realized that it is the same lavender from Lilith's Hair Gloss and Daybreak. It ends up being a really lovely lavender and vanilla cream scent accompanied by a soft apple.

I skipped the Lupercalia release in 2017, but this is one of the scents I was most curious to try. I am so happy I got to try it! I will definitely be keeping this decant, and I may end up trying to find more of this in the future. Thank you to the lovely BPALista that gifted this to me. :heart: 

This was a surprise half-frottle at some point (thank you, mysterious gifter!) and each time I've worn it, I've enjoyed it. I keep smelling it blindly to see if I can tell the notes. This time, I absolutely picked up "creamy vanilla floral but not punch-of-flowers" with something vaguely fruity or rosy, then went to look at the actual notes. Vanilla cream, bam! That is very much the dominant vibe, with just a hint of the off-ness for me that cream can sometimes have, but not enough to spoil anything. Smells like the French Vanilla SN, absolutely!

Now that I know the apple is in there, that is what my nose was picking up as vaguely fruity-rose. Apple lands somewhere between fruit and rose to my nose, not sure why, but it's there! The soft wisp of florals is the lavender, but I didn't recognize it as such because it is so gentle and non-herby. The white patchouli also is not sharp like it is in Dalliances by Candlelight. I wouldn't have known it was in here from a blind test.

I think this would be a beautiful spring or summer apple-vanilla cream fragrance and I've worn this as such throughout the years. Very pretty!

I was hoping this would be very apple forward but I mostly get a ton of vanilla cream and lavender with the slightest bit of patchouli. If I sniff really hard, then it smells a bit like a bite of apple but I really wanted this to be a super crisp, fruity apple scent! When fully dried for about half an hour, everything settles and I get mostly vanilla cream and soft patchouli now. I like it better when dried but still wish there was more apple lol.