Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KittyHawk

Winter Jasmine

[No additional description provided.]

Wow, this is a lovely jasmine. After it has some time to harmonize on my skin, it reminds me a bit of the beautiful DCed Eos. If you're a fan of that blend, I think you'll like this one.

For those of you wondering about the "winter," this reads as a true jasmine to me. I don't detect any kind of snow or ice note here, just heady jasmine. I sometimes have issues with BPAL's jasmine, but this is a really soft, almost powdery jasmine. I'm really glad I took the chance; this bottle's a keeper.

This is a thin, light, gentle floral. Appropriate for a species of jasmine that does not possess a strong fragrance, and only blooms in the cold. It has a hint of greenery and honeysuckle to it.

It is not at all heavy or indolic, but it has good throw. There are no cold notes in this, no snow or ice that I can tell - just a light, pretty innocent floral.

As a diehard jasmine lover, I am in heaven.

In the bottle and wet on skin - Straight up jasmine! Yes, this was exactly what I was hoping for.

During drydown - more jasmine (does happy jasmine dance, it's very sensuous, there are veils involved)

When dry - Jasmine, vivant! This scent stays true from start to finish, and it's such a lovely pure jasmine single note without being too heavy. It reminds me of the overgrown jasmine vines my mother has growing on her back porch.

So glad I blind-bottled this, now I want to bathe in it. Winter Jasmine bath oil? Anyone?

When I lived in India, my landlord grew what he called Night Queen jasmine bushes. They were tiny fragrant white blossoms that smelled fresh and green and were wonderful when wrapped around a wrist or worn in the hair. I used to sit on the roof of my boarding house just smelling their fragrance in a cool summer breeze--some of my fondest summer memories. I found out that what's usually called Night Queen here in the US refers to night-blooming jasmine, but none of the night-blooming jasmine or "Night Queen" jasmine scents I tried were at all like that slightly green, fresh jasmine I smelled in India--they were either too heady or too indolic.

Apparently Winter Jasmine is an entirely different brand of jasmine entirely, but upon opening my bottle I almost burst into tears because *this* was the perfectly captured scent of my landlord's garden. In the bottle, wet, and on the drydown the scent remains a true fresh jasmine, not headache-inducing or screeching but very close to the skin, fragrant, and beautiful. There is a hint of greenness to it that makes it a lot more wearable than the pure white floral I usually associate with jasmine, and it has a little less throw than I would normally get from a jasmine scent. All of this is fine by me, as it really does give that "scent of jasmine on a cool wind" vibe I've been looking for!

I would highly recommend this as a "jasmine for people who don't like jasmine," since it's so soft compared to other jasmines like night-blooming or jasmine sambac. After two not-so-great SN experiences with Tagetes and Rose of Sharon, I am so, so happy I own this now!

This is a lovely jasmine. It seems to evoke connections for people, and this was true for me as well. It reminds me of a solid perfume my mom used to wear in the 70's. she probably got it from a head shop, but the scent itself was a very light, springtime jasmine. As others have mentioned, it stays true from bottle to dry down. I'm not a huge fan of florals, but I took a chance on this one because I thought it might be less like a jasmine perfume and more just like the real, live jasmine flower.

I'm not disappointed.

I don't know how much I'll *wear* this, but I can see using it to gently scent a room or bedding. It's really quite lovely.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: My interest was sparked immediately, but I held off a bit and waited for a few reviews, since I have a decent selection of "cold" florals already. When they spoke of a soft, true-to-life jasmine, I bit.

In the Bottle: A jasmine so soft and fragrant that it borders on honeysuckle. This reminds me of the star jasmine that used to grow up a trellis at my old home. The only "winter" I get is that it has the feel of a white floral.

Wet: It goes a bit sharp and stingy on my skin at first. I've had some jasmine variants do this and it usually settles down. We'll see how this does.

Drydown: The worst of the sharpness goes away and some of the sweet jasmine comes back. It seems to be retaining an airy quality from the wet stage, hanging onto a suggestion of chill.

Verdict: I'm very glad I got the bottle. It will be seeing a lot of scent locket action as well as being worn.

I never thought a soliflore would crack my top ten, but this jasmine just might. This is the sweet, soft jasmine of my dreams--the jasmine from a perfect tea, the jasmine blooming under the moon. The jasmine. I'm honestly sniffing it and struggling to find words to type out because whenever I smell it my eyes roll back a little and my brain just kind of goes blank. It's perfect, and beautiful, and I may have to hoard.

ETA: Now that I'm less hypnotized by jasmine I can report that the throw and wear length of this are amazing. It leaves a soft, pretty trail without being outrageously big. I put some on last night at around 10; this morning at 9 I can still smell it on my skin. Definitely multiple-bottle worthy. I can't think of much it wouldn't layer with beautifully, and I may just wear it on its own too.

Edited by lizabelle

HOLYMOTHEROFALLTHINGSHATSMELLAMAZEBALLS!

*ahem*

That is all.

Other than I should have bought at least 3, because after I let Mom smell it, half of my bottle has now been decanted and lives at her house.

:frustrated: :laugh:

Fresh on my skin, this is a dreamy-soft jasmine. The lab’s general catalog jasmine blends tend to have what to me is a sharp, high-pitched, overpowering jasmine, but this is fairly muted and cushiony. It carries a light greenness. I don’t find anything wintery in the fragrance, and it reminds me of spring and early summer. The bottle sniff was simple, pure, and light, but on my skin this leans toward both a clean astringency and soap without completely reaching either.

After drying, the near-astringency and soapiness fade and this settles into a cloudy romantic jasmine skin scent. I like this phase.

Winter Jasmine lasts a couple hours on me.

Soft, dreamy jasmine. It's soft, very pillowy jasmine. But very definitely jasmine. Not sure I like, but its got excellent throw and wear length. OOF.

GORGEOUS JASMINE OF MY DREAMS.

Seriously. If you care for Jasmine at all, you'll want to find a bottle of this. It's an exotic, beautiful, sweet jasmine with a tad bit of greenery somewhere in the background.

I'm not getting "winter" though. More like euphoric warm summer nights and sharing intimate secrets with a lover on the balcony.

A total WIN.

I really love this Jasmine. It doesn't go into a rubber scent, the way some Jasmine notes can. Its a straight forward jasmine floral, very pretty and clean.

Very close match to the star jasmine I grow in my backyard. A little spicier. I love the beautiful simplicity of this single note. I need to see how it compares to Sampaguita as that's also a single note jasmine.