Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kscha2017

The Sons of Buri, The Sons of Borr

He is named Búri: he was fair of feature, great and mighty. He begat a son called Borr, who wedded the woman named Bestla, daughter of Bölthorn the giant; and they had three sons: one was Odin, the second Vili, the third Vé. And this is my belief, that he, Odin, with his brothers, must be ruler of heaven and earth; we hold that he must be so called; so is that man called whom we know to be mightiest and most worthy of honor, and ye do well to let him be so called.

The bloodline of the first gods: golden mead, white sage, and mugwort.

Very sweet, almost reminds me of the Beltane oatcakes I make topped with lingonberries, oddly enough. A bit too foodie for me, but I am fond of both Odin and mead, so ...

Oh goodness, I'd bet money this is the same honey note as in Honeyed Apple from this year's Weenies! It has that same light, clear, but somewhat boozy feeling. The herbs aren't very noticeable on me unless I get my nose very close to my arm and even then I really struggle to find them. That's a bit disappointing, because I love sage. Since I already have Honeyed Apple I don't feel like I need this one.

Wet/in the imp - bright/sweet, fruity

Freshly applied - something in this is stale-musty-smelling when it first touches my skin (possibly the honey?) but the throw still has that fruity-sweet quality so I suspect the stale note will fade.
Fifteen minutes in - soft and gently sweet, with fruity notes. There's still a hint of something stale/musty, but not the "first few minutes of honey badness" effect from earlier. It's reminding me a little of one of the Apiary scents now, like the way Chokecherry Honey could have smelled if my skin didn't hate cherry. I'm not getting much in the way of herbs, mostly powdery-sweet fruity honey.
(btw, my fingertips that I used to opened both this imp and the one of Audumla that I'm testing on my other arm now smell amazing. Try layering these, guys)
1 Hour in - The scent is fading into something softer and less fruity. I assumed at this point that it wasn't going to last much longer, but it remained as a faint skin scent for pretty much the rest of the day.

The honey in this is bright and has a perfumey/musky edge to it. I'm also getting the fruitiness that others have mentioned, which almost smells like a hint of cherry on my skin. I don't get the herbs, but the whole thing is sort of clean smelling on me, like a honey and metallic cologne in the drydown. I like thicker, heavier, sweeter honeys.

Evidently I didn't read the reviews for this one, just the notes, so it doesn't smell at all like I thought/hoped it would. It smells like a pluot encased in a very light honey syrup. I'm getting no mugwort and maybe just a hint of sage, and it seems awfully feminine for a blend called The Sons of Buri, the Sons of Borr.