Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Allison93

Weight loss/appetite control bpal recs?

Ok so I tried finding any rec threads for weight loss appetite control but couldn't find any. If there is one that I missed please delete this!

I'm on a diet. Which sucks. But I have noticed how much aromatherapy helps with appetite control. Which sucks even more because my favorite bpal are normally foodie scents.

I know any mint smells decrease appetite. I love peppermint for this!

Also citrus, bergamot and patchouli are known to help decrease appetite.

I'm also looking for recs that don't have any of those notes but that's YOU have personally noticed curb hunger.

30 pounds down! Had a really off day last night though and fell off the wagon. Looking to order some more BPAL to get me going again!

Thanks!

I don't know about appetite suppressants in particular, but I do know that I find Anesthesia invigorating. It makes my head seem sharper and clearer, so I could see how it might get you moving instead of eating. It's got peppermint and lavender. I see you've got Lick It in your icons. Does that help suppress appetite or is it too sweet? You're post is interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to my appetite while wearing BPAL. I think most of us could use a little help with that this time of year! :smile:

Lick it works because of the mint. And even though most foods scents make me hungry, I hate food with mint in it. I just ordered the peppermint chocolate cupcake Yule scent. I have a feeling that one will make me hungry.

I have noticed that scents like snake oil also lower my appetite. I think because they are so strong?

A timely thread for me, as I've just put back on some weight I worked hard to lose *doh*... and Christmas will no doubt pile on a few more pounds. I'm going to have to deploy some appetite suppressing scents myself, for the next couple weeks.

I've found that any strong scent which smells like it might be poisonous/toxic to eat, works well if I wear it on my hands. When I bring my hand up to eat, something in my brain says "bad idea". The first one I noticed this strongly with was The Scales Of Deprivation (Leo 2016 and Exorcist are very similar BTW). I've had a similar reaction to Elf and Sea Of Glass but YMMV.

I'm planning to go through my collection and literally imagine licking them as I sniff from the bottle. If my brain recoils at the thought then :thumbsup: that scent's going in the 'wear me' pile :laugh:.

ETA: I'm thinking Famine might work well for me based on the scent notes (plus it sounds lovely) so tempted to grab a bottle after the holidays and make it my diet scent.

Edited by Scarlet Woodland

I'm planning to go through my collection and literally imagine licking them as I sniff from the bottle. If my brain recoils at the thought then :thumbsup: that scent's going in the 'wear me' pile :laugh:

Okay, so I went through my bottles and there were actually quite a few that gave me that recoil reaction but the strongest were definitely:

Lyonesse

Dia De Los Muertos

Witch Dance (this was a reeeally strong one)

Third Charm

Dead Leaves, Tomato Leaf & Black Pepper

Most of the snakes and Crowley gave me a mild recoil too.

I'm planning to go through my collection and literally imagine licking them as I sniff from the bottle. If my brain recoils at the thought then :thumbsup: that scent's going in the 'wear me' pile :laugh:

Okay, so I went through my bottles and there were actually quite a few that gave me that recoil reaction but the strongest were definitely:

Lyonesse

Dia De Los Muertos

Witch Dance (this was a reeeally strong one)

Third Charm

Dead Leaves, Tomato Leaf & Black Pepper

Most of the snakes and Crowley gave me a mild recoil too.

I was thinking abut getting Witch Dance! What is is about that one that makes you recoil?

I don't know about appetite suppressants in particular, but I do know that I find Anesthesia invigorating. It makes my head seem sharper and clearer, so I could see how it might get you moving instead of eating. It's got peppermint and lavender. I see you've got Lick It in your icons. Does that help suppress appetite or is it too sweet? You're post is interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to my appetite while wearing BPAL. I think most of us could use a little help with that this time of year! :smile:

huh and that goes to show how scents are just so personal. Anesthesia is made up of Lavender, Peppermint, Bergamot and Mandrake

The first three are considered helpful for insomnia or other sleep issues: http://essentialoilbenefits.com/best-essential-oils-for-insomnia-and-related-conditions/ If you google mandrake and insomnia it pops up as a soporific.

Anesthesia is my I need to sleep scent! I have never thought of it as invigorating although I can certainly see how it might. Which seems contrary!!!

elka - it does relax me, but more in a head clearing/ mind sharpening sort of way than a sleepy way. Also, the peppermint's very strong on me at first. Kind of a WHAP in the sniffer, if you will. :-)

Oooo,.. Witch Dance is lovely. I just ordered a bottle. I don't know if it dampens my appetite, but maybe I'd be too busy sniffing to think about tasting anything.

What about earth/dirt blends? I always find them grounding, and they seem very non edible. SN Mud-Mingled Boot Slush is supposed to be minty snow and earth.

I am looking into some barn type scents right now, so I'm hoping they have the "earthy dirt" that will also lend to appetite control.

I'm thinking Embalming Fluid would be good since lots of people say that if the year wear perfume while they workout that it will be this one. Any energizing effect normally goes well with appetite control.