Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TallGrrl78

The Writing on the Stone Atmosphere Spray

Black tea, myrrh, smoked vanilla, and licorice root.

First review! I love this scent. It's basically licorice Dorian atmo spray. The licorice and myrrh come out at first but then as the scent dries down and wears so to speak, you get the tea and vanilla more. It's so comforting. I like to spray my atmos on scarves, sweatshirts, etc. I will be purchasing a backup bottle.

bpal's tea note often smells a touch anise-y to my nose, so to combine it with the licorice just amps the oomphy gloriousness of the licorice. the myrrh feels polished and the vanilla flutters about, swirling prettily with the licorice forming dreamy gothic scent-stripes. this is beautiful. an absolute stunner. bright and smooth and light and joyful. I wish it came in alllll the formats, so I could bath and gloss with it too. possibly my favorite black phoenix licorice-focused scent.

This darker than I expected. The tea is dominant, with just hints of the other notes. I find this tea note a bit lemony, which I was not expecting. I love vanilla and anise, and wish they were more prominent to my nose. The Myrrh is lovely, with the vanilla. I just wish the whole thing was stronger. I think I would enjoy it better in a different format - this does not seem consistent, it smells different on a pillow than it does on my sweater, than it does in the air, and I just can't decide what the think about it.

Mmmmmm.... licorice....

This is less foodie than I was expecting. It's light and spicy and a little bit powdery. The licorice root reminds me of the licorice in Tympandium or the anise in Mary Shelley in that it's sort of cool and dusty. This does have a chilly stone feel to it at first.

I must admit, I was kinda wanting ewey gooey vanilla licorice candy, cause even though I don't wear foodie scents much... I don't mind spraying them all over my house and drooling on all my linens. I like this and will enjoy my decant, but I can resist a bottle.

Edited by VetchVesper

i smell primarily black tea and licorice when sprayed. the myrrh and vanilla may add some sweetness and warmth but they're not super strong or anything. i nice scent that isn't super crisp but isn't super warm either. it's a nice inbetween scent. it's currently overcast here and it fits the mood. i think this would be nice on a rainy day with a hot cup of tea.