Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

Hidden Purpose Bath Oil

Shadowy lavender oudh.

Anyone remember the I Am Tired of Tears and Laughter perfume oil? Oh yeah...this is similar.

Simple and beautiful lavender oudh.

I have secretly been wishing for a lavender bath oil to use as an in shower moisturizer and bought it immediately. I will cherish this bottle.

Eta: I just used this in the shower...it is a lovely, dark lavender. Love it. Edited by Herb Girl

I LOVE lavender for bedtime, so this was an instant buy. I didn't even test this, I just took one sniff from the bottle, sighed contentedly, and then slathered it all over myself. Now I'm in bed, and not only me, but my whole bedroom smells wonderful. Love this.

BUT I still don't know what Oudh smells like. I can never fully pick it out in anything, or describe it...I just can't get a handle on it. But I love this, and that's good enough for me! Will happily be slathering this on before bed for the rest of the winter. May need a second bottle.

It is what it says it is.

Lavender-dominant, and it's my favorite sort of lavender, rich and herbal as Annemathematics said, with a shadowy, intimate backup note of oudh.

I've been hoarding the last of my TKO massage oil but I like this as much as it. Maybe more.

Goes great with Ganymede's lavender oudh for those of a mind to layer things.

I love this. Lavender is a feel good scent to me, and one I add to nearly everything relating to bedtime. The first time I used this in a bath was after an extremely difficult and disappointing day. The strong herbal lavender helped relax and unknot my muscles as much as the hot water did. Oudh is one of those scents that I dont know what it smells like alone, but it helps amplify and echo the scent its paired with, sometimes softening the hard edges. The two combined makes this oil incredibly precious, and I may need to buy a backup.

This is incredible. I don't know exactly what the difference is, but while I like the lab's lavender notes the trading post's lavenders are somehow much stronger, longer-lasting, and rich. For about 2/3 of this one's life it's all lavender (and what a lavender!), and then it fades into a soft, dry oud. This is not a stinky oud but a very subtle woody one. It almost feels cuddly as it lingers on my skin in this stage. I had an emotionally taxing week and finally treated myself to a bath with this and it bordered on meditation--I feel completely relaxed now. If you like lavender at all this is a must; I may be getting a backup, or several.

I bought Hidden Purpose BO as an after-shower moisturizer. It's straight-up lavender with dark oudh intercutting it, making it less herbal and more animalic and 'perfumey'. I love the combo—simple and effective. Layers beautifully with lavender perfumes and hair glosses, and is perfect for days when I shower late and want something comforting and beautiful to usher me through the remaining hours to sleep.

I loved Hidden Purpose when it was fresh. It was a great bedtime scent with all that rich lavender. However, I'm finding that it is not aging well at all; it's going a bit rancid at this point. I'm working from a decant, and I wonder if something is happening with the bottle itself (it's a different type than any other I've had before). Could it be eating the plastic? Super sad, because I really found this calming.

When I first swapped for a bottle of this, I wasn’t very fond of the scent. I think the carrier oil may have been peeking out more because of age... Anyway, I had decided to sell/swap decants of it. Then, I found it was becoming one of my most used bath oils at night, and had to take it off my sales page. 
The scent is a strong herbal lavender and a sheer woodsy oudh that only darkens the lavender experience. It’s the same oudh as last year’s Shadow Embrace. I have I Am Tired of Tears & Laughter, that I use often for bedtime, and they are the perfect pair.