Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Glühwein Hair Gloss

Warm red wine spiced with cinnamon sticks, cardamom, vanilla beans, honey, clove, lemon and orange rind, bay leaf, and honey.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: My parents have a cider recipe that uses red wine and tons of spices. I love the scent. To be honest I'm not sure I want my hair smelling like wine, but I had to try it.

In the Bottle: Rich red wine and orange and cinnamon and honey and... everything's just swimming around in there.

On Wet Hair: The wine is strong. I can't wear this to work if it stays this rich of a spiced wine scent.

After Blowdrying: Okay, it's balancing more and the spices are masking the wine base. That's helpful.

Verdict: This has the best staying power of the Yule HGs I've tried so far. I could still get nice whiffs of spice and fruit late in the day. I think this one might be a keeper.

I loved LE hair gloss 'The Card Game' curiously unlisted wine note, and had hoped this would satisfy my craving for more. For the most part, it does.

Not a screamingly themed holiday scent, this is actually work safe for me. While not generic in the least, it is pleasing and oddly enough not as gourmand as I expected. Thankfully the cinnamon doesn't steal the show. This is spicy in the sense that it is certainly and playfully warm, but not dead sexy as say... Vampire Red or Snake Oil glosses.

I like it. It isn't as strongly scented or as long lasting as some...but it masks the scent of the coconut oil in some of of my other hair products, which is a good thing because I get so tired of the smell of coconut.

Try this if you love wine...its not the beautiful strange indigo wine of The Card Game, but it will do nicely.

And if anyone who has a say in such matters is reading this review...for the love of all that is good, why can't The Card Game be GC?

Edited by mamafuturama

Got mine yesterday and love it!

Wet: fruity wine notes w/a hint of cinnamon and clove.

Dry down: Deliciously sweet mulled wine scent.

I just love this :)

Oh my goodness!!! I got a bottle of this and decanted some of it out... kind of regretting doing that! ;)

In the bottle and in my hair... it is the BEST mulled, spiced wine scent!! Good scent and throw. I was worried about the honey note (that is why I decanted it out..just in case a whole bottle was a miss) but this is so beautifully blended. It really does capture the mulled spiced wine drink!

Get this if you are a foody/wine lover. If you are one where honey notes don't work... no fear!! This is amazing!!

I eagerly bought this because I've been wanting a wine-based hair gloss that I could wear with The Witch's Repast (notes: kvass, honey-drizzled bread, roasted meat, and wine) which is one of my all-time faves. It works very nicely! In the bottle it's all sweet red wine, once sprayed the spices come out and I can detect the vanilla, cinnamon, etc. This is warm, sweet, and very wine-y! If you love wine notes you really can't go wrong with this one.

Edited by threeofcups

This is a very cozy, sweet mulled wine scent, with a good kick of citrus. Wine is one of those notes that is terrible on my skin, but lovely in my hair. I quite enjoy this! Not sure how much I will reach for it, but glad to have my little decant.