Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Goblin of Yuletide Present Atmosphere Spray

Clove-spiked dried oranges, dusted with ginger and cinnamon.

ok, the Goblins have totally blessed me this time around. this spray is not only the perfect thing for making my apartment smell all full of christmas-y, yule-y yumminess, but i will totally be using this to scent my place ALL WINTER LONG. there is no WAY the goblins could have done any better for me, and there's no way in HELL i would trade this for a million years! :joy:
well done, Trading Post!

ps thanks for all the swag! :wub2:

00000697.gif

That's what this smells like. Christmas/Yule in a bottle. It's what I want my future home to smell like with Cookies, and cider, and children, and well a norman rockwell christmas....its goregeous :thud: !

LOVE. This is the first room spray I've gotten from the Post that made me swoon. It's spicy, citrusy and so winter-esque that I'm going to go through the whole bottle by the end of the season.

This is drop-dead gorgeous and delicious! It's like a clove-studded orange pomander but so much better - there's ginger and cinnamon for starters, it's 100X stronger than a measly little orange sitting in a bowl on your table AND you can spray your entire house with it. Plus you don't get little poky fingertip injuries from trying to cram 500 cloves into an orange just to make a single pomander, Beth did it by magic. It truly does invoke Christmas in all the best possible ways and is amazingly fresh smelling too - nothing stale or artificial like you might find in the average candle or potpourri that tries to capture this type of scent. Like MeiLin, it will not surprise me if my bottle doesn't last much longer than the holiday season itself!

Beautiful! Cheery and spicy.

I got this for my mom for Xmas. She is going to love it.

I sprayed a little bit in my car last night and forgot about it. When I got into my car this morning I thought, "Did I leave a bunch of oranges in here?" Then I remembered and was quite glad. I can't express just how lovely this is.

Kudos!

This scent is really, really growing on me. The first try, I sprayed it directly on my bed, smelt it, and I wasn’t so sure. I was expecting this to smell like De Rode Sko, which I adore, but it is actually a lot sharper than DRS and also quite different. The ginger in here dominated and the orange note was a little bit sharp for me. But on the second try, when sprayed in the air as an atmospheric spray (as opposed to a linen one), I quickly fell in love. Now I keep spritzing the corridors with it because it smells so festive. Like a pomander boosted with extra spice. Gorgeous bittersweet oranges with tangy ginger and sweeter cinnamon and clove. It’s the perfect jolly Yuletide scent, and I really like it. what’s more, it lasts for ages! Even with orange in it, a note that normally doesn’t last long…I love the way this not only lingers, but diffuses extremely well-one spray in the corridor, and the whole upper and lower landing smells like Christmas! wub.gif

I was worried that this would be too spicy for me, but I actually get a lot of orange from this and not much spice at all. It's a powdery, orange sweet tarts sort of smell, though, not the true orange that I was hoping for. When I spray this on linens or pillows, I just get the powdery, fake orange and no spice at all. If I spray this into the air, I get mostly orange and hints of light clove swirling about.

Yuletide Present is okay, but not a favorite for me.

ETA: This has gotten a lot better for me with age. I'm still not a fan of the spice + orange blends, but I do get the spices from this now and it pretty much smells just like a clove studded orange with a hint of cinnamon sugar.

Edited by Little Bird

Orange pomanders. Yum!

I was a crafty kid. Mom used to keep me busy at Christmas time by having me decorate sugar cookies(which did involve work from her, as she had to bake the cookies, and clean up after) or making pomanders by stuffing about as many cloves as could fit into the skin of an orange. This was easier for mom, as it involved less work for her, and kept me nicely busy and oblivious to other things like presents being wrapped in other rooms...

So, this is happy Christmas time in a bottle. =) For me, it is a bit more Christmas past, but, that is a little quibble for such a lovely scent.

this was much dustier than i expected, very dry, dark, and sweet. i was thinking of something brighter and, frankly, a little less menacing! :D

i've passed it on now, but it was a treat to try, as all the room sprays are.

I get alot of orange from this --- it smells like it says --- an orange studded with cloves. I love the citrus and spice mixture. I really wanted this one because of the citrus, all of my favorite atmosphere sprays are fall inclined (L'Autunno, Samhain, Gooey Pillowcase) and I get just a hint of orange marmalade from Down the Rabbit Hole... so I'm very pleased with the big citrus kick this has.

My husband likes the smell of cloves. It apparently makes him think of cookies. Which is never a bad thing. ;)

Pretty much as other reviews, orange and spice. Clove I think. I love citrus and spice so this is a good thing!

This is absolutely perfect, hands down the best pomander inspired spray I've ever tried -and I've tried a lot, I've been in love with pomanders since I was a kid :wub2:

Drying orange spiked with cloves, put in a bowl and covered with powdered cinnamon and a touch of ginger to help it dry. Trips down memory lane aside I just adore this smell; why, oh why can't I find an orange scent this good in perfume form? :cry2:

I've managed to get my grabby hands on two botlles (and a decant :blush: ) of this wonderful Goblin, one for me and one for my mother who loves it as much as I do, and for the first time since getting into BPAL I can understand exactly what other forumites mean when they say they don't want to be without a certain scent *ever*.

Edited by inkaddict

I finally got some of these, thanks to the always awesome millicurie -- and it's just as fabulous as I'd hoped! Granted, I don't smell the cinnamon and ginger very much -- it's mostly orange, with a hint of clove to add spiciness. But it's really, really awesome-smelling stuff. Now, I'm faced with the problem of use it 'cause it's awesome or hoard it 'cause if I use it, I won't have it.

Also, yes, I second inkaddict's comment -- why don't we have any readily-available orange scents in perfume? I'd buy orange cream, or orange clove, or really anything that's mostly orange as long as it doesn't have patchouli or vetiver.

I am REALLY surprised no one has reviewed this yet- this is a perfect Yule atmo spray! I only did my customary 2-squirt testing, but it's exactly what I'd hoped for- the bright scent of spiced pomanders, all ginger-cinnamon-cloves stuck into the ripe, round skin of a big christmas orange. I had a similar atmosphere spray from the Post years ago and very foolishly traded it away, and I've regretted it ever since, so I'm really happy that a similar scent has finally made its way back to the Trading Post. I will NOT be foolish this time, and will in fact hold onto this bottle and treasure it for as long as it lasts!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

This is a blast of ginger and clove, high pitched and strong. I can't really detect much orange or cinnamon. It's a bit too sharp for me, I think it needs something warm to balance out the extreme spice. I was hoping the citrus note would be stronger, as I love the smell of cloves and orange, but all I'm getting is overwhelming gingerbread spice. It's very seasonal, though, and if you want your room to smell like spice, this will get the job done!

Can’t believe I forgot to review this! Still enjoying it immensely! It’s a bit lighter when first sprayed, but once it dissipates, a lovely cinnamon orange clove fill the room. So lovely and festive!

This appears to be the original version judging by the style of the label (old school).

I really enjoy pomander scents and was super excited to try this one. Sadly, it just didn't agree with my nose. I sprayed it on a paper towel to test it, and it was mostly medicinal orange and ginger mixed with Red Hots. Then I get an overwhelming baby powder scent mixed with the medicinal orange and spices.... which was completely unexpected. It stays that way forevermore, although I did get some nice clove with it the next day. I wonder if it is secretly some super powdery amber in here, or something else causing the powder? :think: But even without the powder, this particular orange, ginger, and cinnamon aren't vibing with me, so this one is going off to swaps.