Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
octic

So Full of Gratitude Bath Oil

Soft, sugared shortbread and warm cocoa.

After falling in love my first bath oil, I have high hopes for this.

(Straight out of the mail)

In the bottle, I smell what is listed. Such a warm scent.

As it's drying on my skin, the prominent cocoa reminds me of El Dia de los Reyes. I wish I was getting more shortbread, but there is a light yummy cookie-ness under this.

I would so love to take a bath in this when I get the chance. Super cozy!

Sooo much creamy and cocoa goodness. Like you are enjoying a homemade mug of hot cocoa (made with real milk) with marshmellows. It's sweet cocoa, not the bitter kind. The shortbread makes it sweet and a really yummy quality to it. I wish I got a second...

This bath oil smells sooo delicious, I'm glad I blind-bought a bottle!

I tested this as a moisturizer, since that's how I use bath oils most of the time. To my nose, the main note is sweet, buttery shortbread cookies, with rich hot cocoa as a backup player. The two compliment each other beautifully!

Now I want to learn how to make homemade shortbread, so that sweet, buttery smell can waft through my whole house.

I get both a rich chocolate and sweet buttery shortbread cookies in nearly equal measure. Not as spicy as El Dias as it seems to lack the cinnamon. I love this rich buttery sweetness and will definitely consider a full bottle!

I use the bath oils the same as perfume oils and really enjoy this one. I love the buttery sugar cookie scent at first, but it dries to pretty much all milk chocolate with just a tiny hint of golden, buttery, toasty something. I love chocolate scents, though, so this still works for me.

Thanks to BPTP Etsy I snagged two bottles of this bath oil. Although not knowing if I liked it, I took a chance. And I'm glad I did.

Fresh out of the mail on dry skin it wasn't that amazing, there was a strange butter note.

But I took it into my last bath and used it on wet warm skin. Boy that changed everything!! Creamy chocolate with a hint of cookies what I thought must be that shortbread used in the US.

Also I must add the label is just adorable! Just a bummer it's not really water proof, but that won't stop me from using it! 😊