Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bunny Butt

Shadows of the Things That Have Been Hair Gloss

Merry music, hot buttered rum, and crackling firewood.

This is a lovely blend. First it is a hit of buttered rum and smoke like John Houseman sitting in front of the fire with a drink reading Scrooge on a cold, bleak winters night. The smoke fades into the background quickly and a fruit blossom like apple maybe, comes out along with some champagne grape or pear like his wife is in the kitchen and the grandchildren just had a bath before saying good night. Or it is the merry music because it is a delightful blend. Very cheery, or maybe cherry. After a few hours I'm mostly left with buttered rum but I am delighted to have a Christmas scent without cinnamon.

I'm terrible at these but I just get excitable as to sharing my experiences.

OMG this smells so good, why did I only get a decant and not a full bottle??

The hot buttered rum smells very much like caramel, and the firewood sort of smells like tobacco, and I am pretty much in heaven here. This is seriously yummy. Sweet, but not too sweet. I was afraid of the butter, but I needn't have been, it's well behaved. It just makes the scent rich, it doesn't actually smell buttery. The wood-masquerading-as-tobacco keeps this from being too gourmand. I want this in perfume too. And atmo. I wish my Christmas had smelled like this. This is the most perfectly unisex scent I have ever smelled, nothing remotely masculine or feminine about it. I'm basically just rambling, because this is hard to describe, but know that it's awesome. If you like scents like Alan McMichael and Gluggagægir, you should try some of this. YUM.

This is very lovely!!! Wondering if I should try for a full bottle!!

In the decant, there it is... that warm, buttered rum that just seems to go hand in hand with the holidays! In my damp hair, the rum is less prominent, but it is there. The smokiness, to me, is perfect. The smokeiness is a wonderful faint chimney fire scent....like the fire has been out for a while. It isn't overpowering, which is good. but it is there... there is a sweetness that keeps it in check. As said above, this isn't gourmand, but anyone that likes gourmand or foody scents should love this. Anyone who likes smoke scents, will love this as well. A perfect well rounded sweet/smoky scent! I love this!!

Oh my gosh this is so good! The rum isn't boozy so I don't have to worry about wearing this and people thinking I've been drinking. The firewood is that gorgeous smoky scent that lingers in a room with a cracking fire. I was hoping that a decants would suffice since I'm really trying to cut down on my buying and even doing some destashing, but this is too pretty to miss having around for winters to come.

This has such a warm feeling and will be so good on cold autumn and winter nights. I also think it will smell awesome layered with Boo hair gloss! Yep, a full bottle is on its way to me.

This is truly a beauty. I don't get a lot of smoke out of this, mostly just wood with a lot of rum. It's not the boozy kind of rum, though--like Poenari said, people wouldn't think I've been drinking if I wear it out. It does have a slightly floral feeling to it, and it's very warm. I find it mixes well with almost all my wood-heavy perfumes, which makes it a keeper since I have so many.