Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Goblin of Yuletide Past Atmosphere Spray

Powdery snow, glittering softly with the sweetness of memory, juniper, and heliotrope, with a faint hint of cinnamon-sprinkled sugar cookie.

Mmm! Smelling this is sort of like a Thomas Kinkade painting minus the crazy connontations that come with it. At first sniff all I get is the snow, it smells very much like Skadi. Then all of a sudden this crazy sweetness comes in and you get sugar cookies and snow. Kind of like you were walking in a forest, smelling the pine and snow and then all of a sudden the smell of baking cookies hits you. It's very homey and refreshing. I loves it :D

This is the best room spray yet. Snow, heliotrope, and cookies. *drool*

I have been dancing around my house spritzing it everywhere.

The perfect scent for this cold, snowy day. BPTP knocks my socks off!

This is so good it gave me a sensory memory I'm pretty sure I never had. *is crazee tho* It smells like being a little kid and coming in from playing in the snow absolutely covered in it, and mom has just taken some sugar cookies out of the oven and sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar.

When I first spritzed this, I couldn't smell anything at all.

I sprayed it in the bedroom and just closed the door and walked out.

Several hours later when I went to bed, my bedroom was a feminine winter wonderland. Beautiful, light, sweet, comforting.

I'm giving this one to my sister for an Xmas gift, but had to try it out first. Now I'm sure she'll love it!

Oh my! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! What a happy, comforting scent. It really does evoke Yuletide past, to me, perhaps a Yuletide past as I wish it was.

I get snow and greenery at first, like dragging in a real tree, tracking in bits of snow, with the fresh outside air coming in through the door. Then the smell of sweet cookies coming out of the oven, Snickerdoodles, to be exact. And some sweet florals in the background. *sigh* :P

What a great atmospheric spray for the holiday season! It has the snowy notes of my beloved Skadi and has the addition of sugary cookies and maybe a bit of lemon zest. I love it!

This reminds me of fresh baked snickerdoodles as well, especially the first few minutes after it's sprayed. It's warm sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar :D. I also can pick out bpal's lovely snow note, but it's sweeter and actually smells like Snow Angel to me (lemon sugary snow). It reminds me very much of Snow Angel in the drydown. Snow Angel, a bit of extra snow, and hints of cinnamon sugar cookies. It's pretty awesome. I wish I'd ordered at least two bottles of this, but I'll cherish my one bottle. :P

wow, this smells a LOT like snow angel only with a lot of juniper and that smell of vanilla baked goods.

So, basically smells like lemon sugar cookies and pine trees. It's odd, but actually very lovely. and the lasting power is great!

I spritzed it a bit in my living room and I could smell... lots of pine mixed with cookies! Definitely two of my favorite holiday smells!! I think I am going to save this one specially for my bedroom. Mmmmmm. Now I will just need to keep lots of cookies there to satisfy the cravings influenced by the lovely Past spray.

When I looked at all the sprays there was some note that conflicted with what I usually go for. Woods was part of the fear in this spray. Woods dont behave on me so I dont buy them even though I love the smell of pine and juniper. What I failed to realise was that because this is an atmospheric spray...im not wearing it!

All the funkyness that my skin does to woods isnt here!!! Rejoucing can begin in the icy forest and cookie bliss that is the Yuletide Past Spray!!! This is probrably one of my favorite scents I own. I sprayed it on a little porcelin Jack-o-lantern on my desk and it waffs all around my room for days. This is absolutly amazing! During the first few hours I mostly smell the woods but then later the spicey cookies come in and all is wonderful :wub2:

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the lab's atmosphere sprays? Unlike perfumes, there's little to no room for them to go wrong, so you can just enjoy the scent. I don't think I'm quite as enamored with this as I am the perfume that came with it (which is a reversal), but I still love it.

At first spray, I smell snow. It's not overly minty or mentholy, it's just light and crisp. It's quickly followed by pronounced juniper. Lastly, lightly spiced sugar cookies emerge.

The sugar cookies and juniper are the most enduring aspects of the scent, but they're light and cool. Definitely more of a memory of scent than the smell of cookies in the oven. As another reviewer said, this scent is just like dragging a tree in from the cold after someone has taken cookies from the oven. It's a great encapsulation of Christmas time, and something different from the usual holiday type blend.

Edited by naeelah

I cannot wear snow notes, but I certainly love smelling them! This is a wonderful evergreen, a touch of foody (must be the cookies!), and snow of course! I'm surprised by how long it lasts, I may squirt it directly into a melting tart and see how that works.

My mom used to make Spice Tea when I was a kid (Tang, Crystal Lite Iced Tea, cloves), it was delicious. This smells exactly like that combination. Spicy and tangy!

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that this review sounds much more like the Yuletide Present spray than it does the Past. This leads me to wonder, was my bottle mislabeled?

Edited by biz4brent

WOW!! Got this on a whim and I'm glad I did! This smells so wonderful, just like christmas! You can really smell the cookies and it lingers for a long time. This is my favorite room spray.

The snow is the same as in Snow Bunny, but nicer (I guess that's probably because my skin isn't getting in the way and messing it up!). There's a slight sweetness, but I wouldn't call it cookies. When I went back into the room, I thought I detected a hint of clove.

I don't get much heliotrope, but that slushy snow note (with pine, a bit L'Inverno-esque), light juniper, and a much stronger butter-cookie-foody note than I expected. Not much cinnamon, but definitely some buttery-tonka. Lingers quite strongly. Alas, not into foody room sprays.

This changes every time I spray it. I can smell every element but it's perfectly blended. Snow-covered pine trees and fresh-baked sugar cookies... it's wonderful! :wub2: The pine-yness isn't too sharp and the cookies aren't too heavy. Lovely!

How did I forget to review this??? O_o

There is something so interesting about this spray...I just don't know how to describe it properly. Beth really can do some crazy stuff with scent-Those who enjoy snow scents will love this-sweet powdery snow and juniper! Freshly fallen snow on winter trees (which aren't always a note I like)...when I first got this, I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not...but every time I spray it I grow to enjoy it more and more! And man, do I love that hint of sugar cookie! Yum! There is something so 'glittering' to this spray indeed! Lovely!

Edited by Suu4LC

I :heart: Goblin of Yuletide Past atmo spray. This is Snow Angel and Sugar Cookie with one of Beth's best notes ever...SNOW! It is lemony and spicy, with juniper and pine in the background. One squirt of this and it lasts all day.

Cinnamon sugar cookies, heliotrope and a whiff of snow. This one was way foodier than I expected and it sort of reminds me to Mr. Fezziwig's Ball atmosphere. Not quite as foodie or heavy, but definitely in that vein.

But hey, if you EVER wanted your house to smell like cinnamon sugar cookies and snow, this one is for you. It just screams a cozy hearth during the winter.

I'm not good at going first, oh no.

I can smell all the individual components if I think about it, but this Goblin really just smells like Christmas when you were a kid - magic and sparkles and sugar and snow. It smells like walking through a forest of mixed evergreen and deciduous trees, snow falling, while eating an amazing sugar cookie. I don't really get any cinnamon at all, but I'm not missing it either.

So glad I got a whole bottle, and I've been spraying every room in my house today, feeling like Carol Kane in Scrooged. :-)

Ahh, this is the perfect winter atmo I was hoping for!

It smells like a fresh, snowy pine forest with a strong sweetness to it, probably from the sugar cookie. I don't pick up any cinnamon, but there is a light, almost fruity, floral note that I think is the heliotrope. The scent remains true as it dries on fabric.

This has been on my pillows for the entire holiday - like BetteNoire said, it reminds me of childhood Christmases. :)

Well I don't know what to make of this one, it surely is unique. I don't know actually what I'm smelling but it does have a backbone no weak stuff here. I don't know, it doesn't smell like the labs snow note to me. It smells purple. Me and it are working to get along. This is all

Edited by stellamaris

Light, sparkling, and snowy, with a touch of evergreen and a hint of cookie spices. The snow note is definitely reminiscent of the one in Skadi.

It's wintery and cozy -- like curling up to take a nap under the branches of a big Norway spruce, while snow flurries down and the scent of baking cookies floats out from the window of a nearby cottage.