Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Leopard403

Jólabókaflóð

This is the for the 2019 version (label says 2020 but was in the 2019 collection) 

In the bottle it is a very comforting jumble of leather, beeswax, a bit of chocolate (just the tiniest whisper), and a haze of wood smoke. Like sitting in a very cozy living room or study, with a bague sense of baked goods in the air. 

On my skin it's the same notes but feels more organized and recognizable somehow. I get the dry, fluttering paper note as well and it reminds me of a library. So comforting and cozy 

I think this must be the 2016 version since the bottle doesn't have a year but does say "trading post."

In the bottle: Chocolate and sweetness that must be the beeswax but that feels almost like a fruit with chocolate pairing (but that could be my brain making matches). A second later, a wisp of smoke. 

On my skin:

Immediately, it's hearth smoke, but very gentle, like if you were across the room from a fireplace, not like if it was going right up your nostrils. As it dries, I get a distinct but gentle leather note. Given time to develop, the soft leather becomes the backbone of this scent, with flecks of candle wax and hearth smoke and just enough chocolate to keep things a bit sweet. 

Thick realistic chocolate and a touch of leather in the bottle, goes chocolate and wax on my skin. Not my favourite combo, but the chocolate note is once again wonderful!