Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Lick It With Consent (2016)

Mod Note: New topic for Lick It With Consent created due to different color copy/description. You can find the 2014 Lick It With Consent review topic here.

Considering the current sociopolitical climate, I felt it was important to bring back this specific incarnation of Lick It. Proceeds from Lick It With Consent will be donated to RAINN.

(For a spot-on dissertation on what consent entails, please visit Erika Moen and Matthew Nolans VERY NSFW infographic. Oh Joy Sex Toy is not a sponsor of Black Phoenix, or the other way around. Er, whichever. This is just a damn good link, and I wanted to pass it on!)

A sugar-crusted vanilla peppermint stick!

The peppermint is very soft, and I feel its coolness very lightly on my skin as I wear it. The vanilla is very strong underneath, and I get the sugar too. A beautiful soft, sweet candy cane scent with a good amount of throw!

I will always love the lab's mint smells.
On me, it never really reads as "mint" so much as "cold" or "fresh".

The vanilla is very nice, and grounds the mint before it goes all vapo-rub. I love the sugar because it turns a mint/nilla stick into something else.
It smells cold, but it makes me feel warm because of every memory i have associated with those smells.

Really happy the proceeds go to RAINN, because that's awesome, and they are awesome.

In the bottle: A very pretty minty vanilla - not too foody or sweet, mostly a soft peppermint, very cool and fresh, like Katillac says!

You know what this reminds me of, even more than candy canes? Those peppermint meltaway pillow candies - the kind that are sort of airy and dissolve in your mouth. (Oh, like these!) It’s not as bracing or as sugary as I think of peppermint candy canes as being, this is much more pillowy-soft. (Although on the end of the sniff I do get a chilly, minty sensation in my nose!)

This is my first Lick It because I didn’t think I liked minty perfumes until very recently. (I was wrong!) This is so pretty and soft and a little sparkly from the mint - very wintery and beautiful! Plus, I couldn’t be happier that proceeds went to such an honorable cause.

p.s. This layers beautifully with Sparkle and Glitter (and indeed makes S&G a little more sparkly)!

Edited by Christine Daae

Lick it with Consent is "all peppermint, all the time!" on me. I was hoping for more vanilla and sweet sugar but got a strong blast of peppermint that burned my arms and neck where applied. The first thing that came to mind was that chalky peppermint stomach medicine and I just couldn't shake that first impression.

This is my first try of any of the Lick It series, so I didn't know quite what to expect and I have no other Lick It's to compare it to. I didn't know that I don't like mint perfume... now I know!

Cool, sweet mint, like peppermint bark! No burn on my hand, and I have pretty sensitive skin. I suffer from chronic migraines and read that peppermint can help with migraine pain and ease nausea. This smells very soothing to me, I think I'm going to need a bottle.

Holy-moly, that's a lotta peppermint! When I first apply it, it's a sweeter mint, but as it dries the peppermint quickly moves front and center and overwhelms the sugar-crusted vanilla aspect. That being said - it's such a fun scent! This isn't really one I will wear as it would overwhelm me, but I had to try one of the Lick Its! I need this in a bubble bath actually.

I didn't care for the previous incarnation of this, but I kinda had to try it for the sake of completeness. (Does anal-retentive have a hyphen?)

Sour peppermint oil in the bottle. Goes on as straight peppermint oil, with no sugar. There's no burn either, which is what I remember from last round. After five minutes it starts to soften and round a little with vanilla, but there's still not a lot of sugar, and the whole thing fades quickly.

So I can at least report that it is in fact the same formulation as 2014. :)

I was excited for a peppermint perfume. And straight out of the bottle it smells like strong peppermints but no vanilla or sugar. The first 5 minutes on it has incredible throw and smells like peppermint, all around. But it fades super fast, maybe my skin just eats peppermint? Its mellowed out to creamy vanilla sugar with the faintest hint of cool peppermint, but also smelling my wrist up close it has a weird stale metalic scent, I dont smell it until i get very close to my wrist but it strikes me as odd. I'll probably let it settle and try it from time to time and break it out for next winter holiday season.

I'll admit I bought this one for the cause and not because I'm a huge candy cane lover--I actually dislike peppermint as a rule and one peppermint thing per holiday season is usually enough for me (although there is never enough peppermint bark). Now that I'm wearing it, though, I actually like it quite a bit. Maybe not enough to get a Lick It every time they come around, but enough to keep a bottle on hand. The peppermint and sugar blend into a perfect candy cane scent, and the vanilla underneath is sweet and strong, helping to break up the nose-tickling peppermint. This feels simultaneously like being out in the snow and being inside with a big pile of sweets. Nice!

Smells pretty much as I remember the original Lick It With Consent:
"Peppermint, as usual, but I find this year's version to be sharper and not as sweet as previous year's. It has an almost musky/perfumey sharpness to it, and is all bracing, cold mint. I don't get vanilla and not much of a sugary scent to it either."

The original Lick It is still my favorite, because it was so sweet, and lasted all day on me. This year's version is rather light and doesn't have so much of the cooling effect on my skin. Only lasts around the 45 minute mark.

Wet it's very peppermint like, and JOLT is the right word! Way more so minty than the other ones (Mother Shubs Unmentionable Peppermint Cremes, Snowbling, Tokyo Stomp). This smells like liquid candy cane and is the most spot on peppermint smell of all of them. This will always be my HG Minty Vanilla and I have worn many of the Lick It's on Christmas. I'm so glad a version of this comes out so often. The Peppermint sugar is just amazing in this. The peppermint smell lasts the longest of any of the mints.

Its simple. Uncomplicated. And great!

Easy to find, and a BPAL Christmas Classic. must try!

I adore mint and vanilla as a scent combo, so I've been wanting to try a Lick It for ages! In the bottle and wet on skin, this is a very realistic candy cane scent- lots of fresh peppermint and sweet, light vanilla. As it dries this kind of woody base comes out, grounding the scent. In the end it settles down into this sweet woody vanilla, with a hint of peppermint. I really enjoy all the phases of this one, use it a lot when I want something simple and non-floral.

Edited by h_yeti

2019 version:

Pure peppermint oil in the bottle and on application. There’s no sugar or vanilla. It’s not as musty as previous incarnations, so that’s nice. The burn comes in briefly after a few minutes, but vanishes without comment. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the mint is gone too, leaving behind only the much-loved sweet vanilla.

A definite improvement over previous Consents, on my skin, anyway. 😄

2019 version

Extra peppermint, and underneath sugary vanilla. But mainly this is a sugary peppermint. Still, it sort of disappears from my skin after 30 minutes, but its a delicious sugary peppermint, and I sort of want a bath oil of this.

(2019 Version)
Bottle: A cannon blast of peppermint with just a touch of sugar.
Wet: Sharp, sweetened peppermint. Very much like a peppermint puff!
Dry: Soft and cozy sweet peppermint.
Overall: I mostly bought this for the cause, but this has turned out as the scent to nudge me towards some foodier scents! This is great for layering with Bliss and Lump of Coal, and I'm sure it layers well with many others. 

I'm not sure which version I have, but it's a pure blast of peppemint layered over sweet vanilla. It's a little more vanilla than the original Lick It, I think, but it's equally delicious. An ideal Yuletide scent!

Peppermint!...which fades quickly to a sweet lightly minty vanilla. I'd agree that it's more vanilla that the couple previous Lick It's I've tried, and it seems to fade fast - but if you like mint and vanilla sugar, you'll like this!

Awesome Husband just shrugged and said, "Minty!" 😀