Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Hot Buttered Whiskey

With any luck, you won’t even remember the holiday season’s awkward family gatherings.

In The Bottle: Rich brown sugar and butter. YUM!

Wet On Skin: Yep, there's the whiskey! And it's REALLY whiskey. This isn't some cute "oh that's kinda boozy" note. This is straight up hard-drinkin' Jack.

Dry Down: The whiskey mellows and the combination becomes, amazingly, like Snow White with vanilla extract added.

In All: a lovely, soft skin scent- it's got very low throw, so you may have to slather- it seems to me like it's a good stand-alone daytime scent, but there's also potential to do some fun stuff with layering.

so glad I got a bottle!

I LOVE bourbon/whiskey...I nightcap nearly every night. It's just a comfort...and strangely I've never even tried to make a hot buttered whiskey! I'll have to now!

In the bottle it's very warm and buttery...delicious! On, the whiskey sort of comes out beneath the hot butter, and I get a banana scent! Just me though.

Personally, it doesn't smell to me anything like coming out of a bar or smelling like a drunkard. It's too foodie and perfumey for that. I'd say that this was a yellow Love's Philosophy. Love's Philosophy + banana. That is exactly what it smells like on my skin.

It gets a little plasticky toward the end, but I got a half bottle from a decant circle and I'll probably use it all. It's nice and warm for the holidays - the plasticky part. But once it's on for a while the plastic turns into buttery spice again, so it's alright.

Nope, on my skin this is Rum Cake. Buttercream or maybe rum cake in the bottle, and it definitely goes on as rum cake. The cake is soggy, the rum is cheap and a little stale because it's old, and then somebody tries to get cute and do a "flaming pudding" thing because there's a burnt-booze note.

I like the Lab's rum note in some things like Elegba, but this ain't it. In fact, I love the rum in Elegba, and this really ain't it.

Just FYI, this hurts like you wouldn't believe when you get it in your eye.

Wet: I love the Lab's rum note, but I think I am starting to realize I don't love whisky in perfume. This is somewhat plastic on me as well, which isn't helping matters. Darn! It smells SOOO yummy and almost caramelized in the bottle.

Dry: This recovers and gets really yummy on my skin for a bit, before it ultimately fades and turns "dusty", which is an issue my skin has with some gourmand scents. Boo! It was really good there for a bit. Clearly just not meant for me skin chem.

The sour-sweet, dark, slinky booziness is similar to the Dark Chocolate & Whiskey Truffle scent, but the 'hot buttered' part gives it a strange, buttery maple syrup tone on my skin and maybe a touch of cinnamon? Makes me think of warm booze poured over a dark, polished, wooden bar and a plate of pancakes...

I'm reviewing an aged decant in the bottle. 

Bottle: initially very sweet, some butter notes, then the alcohol note comes out. My partner said he could smell it from a metre away!

Wet: butterscotch. Popcorn...? Very faint bourbon in background (I say bourbon over whisky as it's sweeter) then bam, butter when I sniff it again. 

On: woah, still strong. Butter and whiskey. Almost headachey in terms of smell if I smell too close. 

Drydown: Very much the same, and boy the lasting power on this is something. 

I think I prefer their whisky accord without this butter accord. Just not gelling with new BPAL butter notes. 
Strong throw and wear length (likely helped from aging, judging from past reviews). Even washed off it's still there! 
Eventually it came off and is a little powdery and plastic, unfortunately. 

Edited by follis