Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

[No additional description given.]

Thank you, Lab, for making this scent as a gift to those give to those who gave a toy to a precious little one in need!

It's SO GOOD! I've been hoping for Sugar Cookie's re-release and this is a delicious re-interpretation. The cherry is very strong on initial application but is not too sweet or medicinal, and dries down quickly to a a very natural, almondy, chewy sugar cookie scent, slightly sweet, spicy, and buttery, utterly gourmand.

eta: My husband asked where my "new BPAL" was <_< and slathered some on himself. Blood Kiss is his signature scent (has been for over a decade now). He says this smells like Xmas to him: happy and yummy, and it is kind of like a Blood Kiss light. It's got the cherry, dry spice and sweetness...I may need to hunt down multiples at this rate!

Sweet maraschino cherries with a sprinkling of sugar and almond cookie dough. Very buttery. This is more like heavy almond butter cookies with a bit of cherry here and there. Too heavy and gourmand for me. Medium throw and wear length.

i put a drop of this on my arm tonight before i started packaging up stuff from my decant circle.

and i kept getting wafts of it, and being confused as to where the smell was coming from until i remembered what was on my arm.

full disclosure: i don't like the smell of cherries, or almonds. i don't much like to eat almonds, but cherries can be ok by themselves in small doses, but only raw, not in baked goods.

on me this had crazy strong throw, and staying power. and smelled like a fancy Jergens pastry. some sort of pastry thing crusted with almond slivers and filled with a cherry goo. feels like there's some kind of spice or seasoning in there, but i don't know what. just a hint of something.

i was hoping for a sugar cookie with a maraschino cherry fluff frosting, which might have been interesting. this is really more of some kind of fancy pastry with a name i can't pronounce.

This smelled like fruitcake in the bottle! Dry on skin it reminds me of a cherry version of Blackberry Jam & Scones. There is a hint of spice and the cherry note is jammy and beautiful. It's hard for me to find cherry that works for me, and this is gorgeous!

Crushed, I so wanted delicious Sugar Cookie with a touch of cherry sweetness, but I hit a huge wall of plastic straight out of the gate. The bits on my clothing, don't go there, but the cherry is alcoholic, and heading to a heady booze, the sweetness is lightly there, but mostly its dead drunk for me.

My nose is still slightly off from being poorly, but so far husband and kid vetoed this one, but need to give it one more go, before I give up, as I so wanted this to work :(

I picked this up with some trepidation; I love cherry but was afraid this would end up being the same sad story as Mr. Nancy - a scent that I love, except the buttery cookie note ended up being too much for me. Sniffing the bottle and wet on my skin, my fears seemed to be confirmed. Cherry Sugar Cookie starts off as a very buttery cookie blast.

Luckily, at least for me, the butter note burns off pretty quickly and I'm left with the scent I was hoping for. It's a -very- sweet cherry, almost like cherry preserves or maraschino cherry as zankoku_zen said. It never veers into cherry medicine territory, but neither does it smell like fresh tart cherries. With time, the cherry slowly fades as most fruit notes do, leaving behind a suggestion of sweetness. The heaping dose of baking spices is the next most prominent note, and as the cherry weakens it comes more to the forefront. It's much spicier in general than I was expecting, and because of that it is firmly a colder weather scent in my mind.

It's very nice and I'm so glad I have a bottle!

I snagged a bottle of this on ebay, mainly because I love the bird label.

First on, this is like a cherry flavored cough drop and then shifts into a black, sticky, grownup cherry pastry type of smell. It's not sickly-sweet or jam-like. It's more like a gourmet, sugar-free, black cherry goo in a flaky breakfast pastry.

Unfortunately, five minutes in, the cherry and flaky pastry disappear and the spice in this amps up like mad on me. My man actually started begging me to wash this off, because he said it smelled like a cheap pumpkin spice candle, and he hates pumpkin spice anything.

Very sad, because I like this scent before the spice comes in and stomps all over everything.

I've never had a spicy sugar cookie before (unless it's actually supposed to be a snickerdoodle), and I was hoping that this would actually just be cherry and sugar cookies...

Snffing in the bottle.... I get a sweet, sugar cookie vibe, with a hint of cherry. Not as strong as I thought it would be upon sniffing, since most cherry scents I have tested have all been in-your-FACE to me!

On skin: the "cherry" scent comes out...but, it isn't a cherry I know. Sometimes, cherry notes can go more Halls Cough Drop on me, but this one is...odd. A hair on the plastic-y side and a bit powdery. Maybe there is an almond note doing that. I seem to smell that in bakery scents.

Dry down: The cherry backs down and there is a cake/cookie like vibe I am getting, but it is still a bit on the dry/powdery side. It actually made me sneeze twice when I first applied it.

It is a nice gourmand scent, and I am a foody lover, but not sure this one is for me. Still hoping to find a nice cherry scent that doesn't go odd on me. Oh well. That's the way the BPAL goes! :)

Interlude, is that you?

This smells like the molasses-type of cookie from the Lilith scent Interlude overlaid with a light cherry note that comes out more once the spicy cookie finally settles down after a few hours. It is not like Sugar Cookie from the Yules plus cherry. It doesn't remind me of a sugar cookie at all. :( 

I don't think it is bad, and I enjoy the cherry, but I was really hoping it would be accompanied by a true sugar cookie type of note. Alas.

Ohhh boy I dig this one. Just obtained from the lab's Etsy store. This does smell more like pie/pastry than cookie to me, but I love a pastry scent note.

Freshly applied, there is a bit of spice competing with the cherry, but it fades from prominence quickly. The cherry sticks around for a couple hours, and I still get whiffs of pastry for a few hours after that.