Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

[No additional description given.]

Chocolate Slush starts off with a big fudgey blast that reminds me to the Vesuvian Lava Cakes prototype, but then is quickly overtaken by a snowy note that is very similar to what is found in Frosty Silkybat. It's icy, snowy, with touches of fudgey chocolate and vanilla. I think this would make a great room scent. Great throw and wear length.

i gave this a quick sniff-from-the-bottle at the DSLE when i picked it up and it seemed to be super chocolatey. like a melted Lindt truffle smooshed into chocolate cake batter.

i'm not much a fan of chocolate, so i closed it and went on to sniff other things.

The other night someone asked me to try it again and maybe post a proper review - so before i settled in for decanting, i opened my bottle of this and sniffed it again...

now, at the DSLE, the room is full of scents! so sometimes things can lose nuances, or i might not be able to pick up on them. i don't have the best sense of smell as it is.

but at home, with no other competing scents... the chocolates are still there, but they aren't the star of the show.

when i opened this to sniff and test... i was transported back to Baskin Robbins - the ice cream shop in the mall when i was tiny. chocolate chip was my go-to flavour at the time, mostly because it was the only one i'd tried, and it was always in the same place in the shop. which was good, because i wasn't tall enough to see into the glass display case. so when the clerk asked me what i wanted, i pointed to where the chocolate chip should be. which was right between rum raisin and butter pecan, and my grandmother would get one of those two. i still have to get a small container of those every so often. that Baskin Robbins is long gone, so's the mall it was in.

but instead of a trusty chocolate chip, what i got was mint chocolate chip ice cream. and i haven't had many truly disappointing food moments, but that was one of the first and most memorable. it was also the first time i was let down by a store i trusted.

my other most memorable gross food moment? going to take a sip from my grandmother's cup, which normally had Coca~Cola in it, but for some reason that day she was drinking black coffee. there's still a stain on the carpet there from where i spit it out. i just couldn't help it, it was so terrible. that was over 35 years ago and i still can't drink coffee.

but i digress. sorry. i had a little wander.

this? is mint chocolate chip ice cream, in a bottle.

This smells like eating chocolate in a snowy evergreen forest! To me this smells like the snow note in Snow Bunny and The Cemetery, Many Years Ago Atmo. It's beautiful--a little fresh, forestry, minty, slushy, and happy.

After reading the above reviews... I decided I needed to try and hunt down a bottle... anything with chocolate in it, count me in!

In the bottle - Just got it in the mail a while ago... it was very cold, so waited until it got to room temp. Yep, there is chocolate.... and something else. I guess it could be some sort of pine note... everygreen.... that makes it "slush?" Not sure.... but it is there.

On skin - Hmm... I get a chocolate medicine thing going on. Like chocolate flavored Vics vaporub.....not full on menthol, but it is there.....guess that is supposed to be the cold slush note.

Drydown - Stays the same.... a menthol minty chocolate. Sad...don't think I like this very much! After a bit... it gets a hair cologn-y on me. Not overpowering, but still a no go. :(

Maybe I got an off bottle or something, but all I can smell is soap. My daughter agreed with me, and my husband said he can smell something sweet, but still soapy. I haven't tested it because I don't like smelling like soap. It's so weird.

Wet: Chocolate - check! Slush - check! The slush actually smells a little...dirty. Really this is as advertised though, chocolate and slush. I love the chocolate note in this, it's really gooey and fudgey, but the slush keeps this from being gourmand.

Dry: Slush, and chocolate. It really is exactly as advertised. The snow note is bright and clean (none of the dirt I had originally thought was present) and the chocolate note is rich and lovely. It's really nice. But for whatever reason (though I love both the snow note and the chocolate note) I can't see myself wearing this. Disappointing! I don't know why it's just not me. :(

Was able to get about 3/4 of an imp from a decantress who picked some up and added the decants to the circle I was already participating in, so I was happy to get to try this!

IN THE IMP: Chocolate, yes, but also with the slush which to my nose is a combo of snow and aquatic, neither of which bodes well for me.

Applied to wrist and crook of arm.

WET: MUCH more slush than chocolate on me, because my stupid body amps snow/aquatic notes and they do NOT play nicely with me. Wet, it is very perfumey and I lose all the chocolate, which gives me sadz because BPAL chocolate is so awesome.

DRYDOWN: Yup. All ozone and snow and cold and aquatic.

Oh well. It was definitely worth trying! Now that I have reviewed and let it dry down in the name of science, I'm off to shower ;)

I loooooove the Lab's snow note, and on me this is a softly-flavoured chocolate snow. The chocolate doesn't dominate, it's just another note alongside whatever makes up the snow note. It's beautiful, cold snow with a soft chocolate scent.