Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lookingglass

Rapidly Solidifying Mashed Potatoes

[No additional description given.]

:eek: Oh.

:ugh: UGH! Oh, god, no!

NONONONONONO!

:blink: It's. It's MASHED POTATOES! I mean, of course it is but....it's fucking mashed potatoes! :rofl: Warm, creamy, zingy, earthy, kinda old, creamy, GARLIC mashed potatoes! Oh, GAG! It smells like the time I forgot mashed potatoes on the stove and then lifted the lid the next day. Oh. UUUUUGho! BRILLIANT! But DISGUSTING as perfume! LOL! :lol:

This scent made me crack up laughing--it's straight up mashed potatoes. The only surprise is that it's quite a bit saltier and more garlicky than I anticipated. Speaking as someone who does like some of the more offbeat scents, I can't imagine wanting to wear this as perfume, but it is so incredibly dead on. It's hilarious and fantastic and should definitely go right on the shelf next to Day Old Ham to troll people with. Awesome and diabolical work from Beth!

Oh.... my gosh?!

Like the others mentioned, this is garlicky mashed potatoes in a bottle. I had to laugh incredulously after sniffing and reeling away in disgust.

Not a scent I want to put anywhere near my skin, but I imagine hardcore collectors will love this.

in the bottle this is stronnnng!

this is fancy holiday 'taters, made with skins on and a little roasted garlic, chicken stock, and buttermilk. not your everyday taters, but fancy 'taters!

there's the faintest hint of buttery microwave popcorn in there, too.

on my skin it settles and becomes less garlic-chicken stock-popcorn and becomes more buttery-tatery. it really reminds me of the potato cookies i used to make. they aren't really cookies, just look like them.

take fingerling potatoes (tiny taters, strawberry sized or so) and scrub them, then boil until done. butter a cookie sheet. put cooked taters on cookie sheet and smash flat using a potato masher, bottom of a bowl, or your hands if they're cool enough. sprinkle with seasonings to your preference (garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, whatever) and cover with cheddar or whatever cheese is on hand, and bake until the cheese is browning.

this is not as awful as last year's Day Old Ham. that was gross. this one i'd be willing to wear again.

i also really love garlic, though.

depending on what your skin does with the garlic-y-note, this would be a wild scent to wear for any vampire-hunter characters...

Oh man. I don't even have words...

I was actually looking forward to trying this one, because I like the starchy, earthy, odd scent of potatoes. I figured it would similar to another starchy root vegetable note, Lotus Root.

But this doesn't smell at all like potatoes.

It is super heavy, thick, rich, in-your-face cream and butter notes, with an overwhelming punch of chives and stinky garlic salt.

It is incredibly strong. :eek:

There is no way - NO WAY - that I am skin testing this.

This is the worst reaction I have ever had to a perfume, and I have nobody to blame but myself.

I am laughing so hard.

This is so gross. It is brilliant, but gross. If you want to troll some friends and relatives, wear this perfume to a formal event. It is like, weaponized perfume.

You could freak out so many people with this stuff, if you can handle wearing it.

Ranch dressing and garlic dehydrated mashed potato mix. I get a ton of chives/garlic from this. But it smells, well, fake in the same way that boxed mashed potatoes don't taste anything LIKE real mashed potatoes. I sort of smell like Sour Cream and Onion Pringles. Great smell on a snack. Less so as a perfume. Great throw and wear length, of course.

This scent makes me sick to my stomach, and this is coming from someone who didn't mind Gore-Shock and Day-Old Ham. It has an oily, salty, weird overtone that reminds me of canned chicken noodle soup, and a dusty, seasoned quality that really does smell like sour cream & chive flavored instant mashed potatoes (still in the box and dry). I love the smell of garlic, so I thought that maybe this would be fun, but it's so salty and over-the-top. It smells canned, freeze dried, processed and all wrong.
Fun to try, but no.