Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
IronMollyBlack

Mud-Mingled Boot Slush

[No additional description given.]

Starts off with a blast of mint--peppermint, but not a sweet mint. Then a watery slush note. Not a sharp aquatic, not fully frozen snow, this is definitely slush. Underneath is a spicy wet dirt note, similar to Graveyard Dirt. The mint calms down after a few minutes, and more of the dirt comes out. I'm getting a slight almost lemony vibe along with the mineral scent of the dirt. It's nicer than it sounds, and I would wear this in any season.

Ooooo.... I like it. :smile: Very herbal mint and the soil note from Deep in Earth. I guess the mint note translates as "snow," it's definitely got a chilly vibe, but what this makes me think of is tramping around in herb garden in spring. There's a soft floral sweetness that comes out in dry down that's pleasant. I find these earth/green blends very soothing and will definitely enjoy this one.

Peppermint, spearmint, touch of evergreens, and dirt. This one smells like a wintery version of Irish Spring - minus the cool laundry note. Slightly masculine and I wish I wasn't amping the evergreens. Medium throw and wear length.

I don't get the dirt or greenery from this :( the aquatic and snow amp up too much on my skin. It's minty snow and slightly soapy aquatic. Clean and chilly. There are snow blends that I like more than this one, though, because I don't like the edge of soapiness in this one.

I'm not at all sure what to make of this.

In the bottle: I get minty, rainy graveyard dirt.

On me: I get peppermint/spearmint, light aquatic, Graveyard Dirt, and...grass?

Yes. On me, that is definitely the grass note from Blade of Grass!

Awesome evocative scent, but it's kind of jarring to my nose, even though this fades into a minty/dirty smell after a while. I will probably sell or swap my bottle for a Yule that is higher priority.

This is lovely. Minty/spearmint water dirt. The grass note kind of catches you in teh back of the throat but it's nice. I need a partial. :eek:

JFC, Beth, how do you do this? If there were Oscars for the perfumes she would win them all.

Wet pavement in the bottle. Honestly. Wet pavement FFS. It goes on as mint and dirt. It's not quite the snow note but it's most of the way there. Hilariously, as it dries, the snow melts, and I'm just left with the dirt note.

Positively amazing. Not something I'd wear again because I don't fancy dirt perfume, but what an accomplishment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I tried this twice, in the same spot, on the same day, once in the morning, and once in the evening, and had two different experiences with it. :peep:

The first time, it was very muddy at first, with the slush coming out more over time and having notes of petrichor and asphalt to it! The second time, it was more slush-forward from the beginning, backed by the mud. And it does smell like mud and not just the Lab's usual dirt note.

Back when Muddy Puddles came out, we all wondered if it had a mud note in it or not. It did not. So I took it upon myself to layer a drop of this with Muddy Puddles, and the layering combo was PERFECT -- mostly hot cocoa with marshmallows and just a bit of the mud and slush that you trailed inside on your boots.

This is wonderful, and I will definitely be hanging onto my decant and layering it with Muddy Puddles in the future. And if I see a reasonably priced bottle in the future, I'll grab one. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco