Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Fiber-Optic Illuminated Aluminum Christmas Tree with Gen-U-Ine Pine© Scent

[No additional description given.]

So, fiber optics have a special place in my heart because I've always had a little crow in me - love sparkly things, shiny things. And now I do flow arts, many of which glow and sparkle.

The bottle is adorbs, with the red BPAL icon struggling to peek over the giant paragraph of text in the name.

Wet, it's definitely a pine, spruce-y type of scent. I'm trying to detect if there are other notes, nothing is abjectly metallic or tin-like, so not detecting the 'iron note'. On my skin, this is not exactly straight up pine, because I'm getting a... strange tiny edge of like sparkliness. Good god, I'm terrible at this hah hah! But it's certainly not like a cacophony of fruits, or other 'bright' notes that will occasionally represent multiple colors in the BPALverse.

Drydown, it stays a lovely Christmas pine scent, without much deviation. Mild throw, so you won't destroy coworkers.

If you love pine and spruce notes, this is a straightforward, but wearable, pleasant scent.

Origin: decant circle by Trailer Trash Princess

Initial Thoughts: This was my goofy pick. I love Christmas tree scents and couldn't resist the chance to try Gen-U-Ine Pine© Scent!

In the Vial: Sharply pine/evergreen with a definite metallic edge.

Wet: Definitely a fake-smelling pine scent. Not quite Pine-sol cleaner level, but definitely not natural-smelling.

Drydown: Gradually the "fake" fades, leaving fresh cool pine in its wake.

Verdict: On my skin, it lives up to its name at first but finally dries down into a cool evergreen scent. I don't know that I need a bottle - I still have a couple other strongly Christmas-tree scents in my box - but if you're looking for that consider getting this one.

This is very accurate. It starts with a light metallic scent - like aluminum cans - and the scent of those little pine-tree air fresheners.

In the early stages, I can swear there are some other light notes, but they are gentle and pretty and I am having trouble identifying them...they are like like fruit without the sweetness, and it is a good representation of colored lights.

Drydown is pine tree air freshener all the way.

Pine, aluminium metal, and pine air freshner. It starts off strong, but winds down as a gentle pine blend. It's pleasant, cheery, and if you were fond of Disco Snowballs, then this is a vibe cousin. It's fake, but who cares when you're glittery, pretty and fun? Enjoy your Christmas! Good throw and wear length.

Misty, sweet pine with a minty/menthol undertone. Immediately reminded me of Vicks Vaporub.  It does have a metallic, cool, clean undertone to it as well.  Fake pine trees and silver tinsel.  It is exactly as advertised.  I like collecting the funny single notes, so I'm glad to have this, but will I ever wear it again?  Eh...

Edited by Little Bird

Pine with something a little bit soapy and clean underneath. This gives off the impression of a fake Christmas tree laden with tinsel. It's much more wearable than you'd think, sticking close to the skin. This is definitely an artificial pine but not cloying, and not as overpowering as pine can be in blends.

This is just pine and wood with a little bit of metallic from the aluminum. To my nose, it's similar to the silver note in the Razors in a Doll's House hair gloss. The silver is a little weird, but fits since this is supposed to be a fake tree. Kinda cologne like as it starts to fade.

Not my thing, but it's interesting!