Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Discarded Popcorn Garland

[No additional description given.]

In The Bottle: There are occasions where I just. don't. know. how they do it. This is one of them, because in the bottle, this scent is a *faded* popcorn- NOT fresh, not buttered, like Shill. This is old popcorn that's been sitting around for a WHILE. AND, in the background, is the faintest hint of pine. Like needles. On a Christmas tree. :eek:

Wet On Skin: There's a tiny bit of a sugar note that's coming through at this stage, but like burnt sugar (not caramel), so it could also be wood smoke, like from a fireplace, that happens to be next to a tree strung with popcorn garland. This is INSANE.

Dry Down: This is weird and yummy and I have never liked a scent with Any hint of pine before but it's so faint and so real that it's not bothering me!

In All: low throw, a vaguely sweet holiday scent reminiscent pop trees and popcorn balls and cozy holiday evenings. It's really just amazing for how well it captures what it is.

Well done Beth and co.!

This one makes me giggle. ^_^

It's loads of buttery, sweet popcorn in the bottle, the same note as in Mouse Circus. On my skin a cheerful pine pops out, mingling with the kettle corn. This is like a bright Christmas Tree pine complete with sparkly red berries. The two notes are oddly appealing together and the whole effect is really cute and fun.

I am not a popcorn/foodie fan, so I will not be needing a bottle, but I'm glad I got a chance to try this one.

ETA - Just wanted to update, I've been wearing my imp THIS year as Christmas approaches, and it really does bring a smile to my face. It's also the perfect smell for decorating the tree. :smile: If this shows back up for another yule, I might just have to buy a bottle after all.

Edited by VetchVesper

i had hoped would be like Shill but it really isn't, it's air-popped popcorn but no butter or anything. like... just plain popcorn. which is interesting, don't get me wrong, but it reminds me of the horrible dry and stale popcorn they gave us sometimes as a snack back in kindergarten. which they always served with lemonade, which was also bad.

i like my popcorn with both butter and sugar!

I love popcorn scents, but this one is a letdown for me. I like a salty, buttery popcorn or or a caramel popcorn. Truly gourmand. This is like stale, popped, fluffy popcorn with no salt, butter or sugar, with a sour, glowing pine note that reminds me of PineSol. I don't get any fruit, but it has a woodsmoke tone to it in the drydown.

I agree.

This is all popped, plain fluffy popcorn. On me though a very faint hint of something smoky lingers around and it honestly brings the whole blend to life for me. I like it, but I think I rather use it for layering with scents like Mouse Circus or Movie Night. It's fun and cute.

Sweet, buttery popcorn. It's very mild, and I'd say that it's the same note found in Mouse Circus. Less loud than Shill. Sweeter too. Low throw, good wear length.