achildoftime

Gingerbread, Matcha Tea, and Raw Mint

Ive run away from a little old woman,

A little old man,

A barn full of threshers,

A field full of mowers,

A cow,

And I can run away from you, I can!

Sniffing from the bottle all I get is the gingerbread, which I was wary about. I'm not the biggest foodie fan, but I really like any tea and mint. Thankfully on my skin the matcha shows up, even though it's really just a supporting player. I get a little bit of pleasant bitterness I associate with matcha, but it's almost exclusively gingerbread. I can't detect any mint at all. Baked goods in general tend to bully other notes on me, but I had to give it a shot. It's a little disappointing, but it's still not a bad scent. It still smells just like gingerbread that came right out of the oven. Someone just happened to throw a little matcha into the batter.

holy cats. :wacko2: I guess "matcha tea" is the leaves of the kryptonite plant for me. Gingerbread and a wee bit of tea in the bottle, but this goes on and stays on as Pottaskefill, the Yule Lad who smelled like birch tar and black pepper. I had to clean this off with rubbing alcohol. Yikes.

TON of gingerbread, smoky matcha and a whiff of mint on wet. But in general, chewy smoky gingerbread. Great throw and wear length.

Matcha tends to smell like really bitter, sour, green lemons on me. I get a hint of that from this Gingerbread, but mostly it's cinnamon with a whiff of smokiness around the edges, like cinnamon-heavy gingerbread that's burned a bit in the oven. With a squeeze of sour, bitter, lemony tea. I don't get mint at all.

Mmmmm... I got to try all the gingerbreads this year, and even though I'm not much of a foodie fan, these were all winners for me. I just had to decide which ones to get since buying 6 gingerbread scents in one year would be crazy, right? RIGHT?!

This one is nice and spicy. I get more ginger and clove than cinnamon. There's a sort of soggy green/herb smell mixed with the gingerbread that's actually a lot more pleasant that it sounds. The gingerbread is not super sweet. The matcha and mint smell like a good, strong cup of black tea to me, more so than the lab's tea notes normally do. I like the lab's tea notes, this just smells more realistic to me, like the olfactory experience of drinking hot tea while eating gingerbread you've been dipping into it. Lovely.

Edited by VetchVesper