Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the Garden of Paradise, beneath the Tree of Knowledge, bloomed a rose bush. Here, in the first rose, a bird was born.

A pale pink rosebud, wet with the dew of the dawn of creation.

A blind bottle purchase because I love fresh roses! I thought this might be a pinker, delicate but still juicy fresh Rose Red, but it's more of a sharp tea rose kind of scent. Perfumey and not my type of rose. Couldn't detect any cold dewy notes. I wish I could've loved it, but eagerly await my other anniversary decants!

This is a wonderful rose scent! It smells just like sticking my face into a huge fluffy rose that still has some dew on it. It's making me think of one of the roses that has pink petals with some yellow on the ends and that have an almost "peachy" scent to them.

I had forgotten that "pink" was in the description, but still thought this smelled "pink" before I checked it. It isn't quite as dark or rich or almost wine-like as the red roses, but it is also not as soft, girly or sweet as some of the other pink rose scents. There's a sort of tartness to it. I am not smelling any kind of green stem or leaf note -- it's just the flower. I got more of the dew sort of note when it was freshly applied, and it fades away a bit as the scent dries. It's not super aquatic or effervescent like Somewhere or Other was. It's just more of a slight feeling of cool freshness.

I need to compare this directly against similar scents like The Rose to decide if I need a bottle of this in addition (because I have a lot of rose perfumes), but it's REALLY nice and should not be overlooked if you are a rose lover!

Very true to its name - a pale pink rosebud, that's a little dewy. No green to it, which I usually prefer, to keep it from going too perfumey which this one does. Not for me, but still a true pink rosebud.

Beautiful soft and sweet pink rosebud. I have a lot of roses so I am not sure if I need a bottle of this one

Pale pink roses, and dewy sappy stems. This smells like a pink version of Red Rose. Not as intense, sweeter, with a touch of apple blossom. Lovely. Good throw and wear length.

pink roses like the ones you see w baby's breath in a high school bouquet. cool fresh pale with a shy drop sweetness as if from an infused simple syrup.

darling, just not for me. dries soft and pretty, slightly soap waxy roses.

i much prefer Rose Red and peacock queen

Completely accurate. Sweet, light pink rose with a touch of watery dew. It gets stronger in the drydown..woot!

Debating a bottle. Feel like if I don't grab this one I'll regret it.

I admit I tried this one on fresh from the mail, so it might change as it settles.

Very pretty pink rose. Initially goes on like Rose Red, and i was worried because that one sadly doesn't work for me (one of the reasons I got this), but it develops in a slightly spiced direction that doesn't compromise on the dew-touched notes of it. Like Rose Red, this does smell, to me, like a real rose on the bush, but as other reviewers have noted it lacks green and sappy notes.

Reminds me a little of the tea rose in London but also of the pale rose in Lucy's Kiss, but this one smells the most like putting your face in a rose head.

Fresh, fresh rose. This is a floral for those who don't like florals--it's very green and there's definitely a dewy note in there. As it develops on my skin there's a sharp, almost bitter tone to it, which seems fitting. The flower itself never goes powdery and is almost fruity and the green notes are very present so it doesn't take over. I already have many rose scents, including a few like this, so I'm not in desperate need of a bottle, but it's a beauty.

This is a pink rose. It could almost be a single note. Its a spring rose, light and pretty, with no heavier note to tie it down. It floats, but its not the most complicated rose scent that I've ever smelled from the Lab.

Pink rose, indeed. The First Rose is a perfect powdery pink rose with a tiny hint of stem and just a bit of dew. It smells just like leaning into a freshly picked bouquet. Super pretty and would be a great gateway BPAL gift for someone who loves roses.

The First Rose leans clean smelling on me, like rosewater with a tiny hint of soapiness and sweetness. I'm not getting the green notes or green stem feel, but it's watery, clean, lightly sweet rose. Reminds me quite a lot of Roses de Chloe in the drydown - sort of a clean, girly rose with fruity and musky/perfumey undertones.