Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mod Note: Limited release perfume oil; atmosphere spray review topic located here.

A stately brick mansion glowing with warmth: bay rum, fine whiskey, white carnations, and hearth wood.

Really excited to be trying this! I have been eying the Atmo since it came out, so I jumped on the chance to snag it as an "Atmofume"

Wet: Sweet and boozy, with lots of spicy carnation to balance the sweetness. Wow, that's pretty. I adore carnations. This white carnation note is like a punch in the face (in a good way!)

Dry: Beautiful. Primarily a carnation scent on my skin. Lots of rich sweetness and depth from the other notes. I love it. Good and strong, and long-wearing. It survived my washing machine breaking and me having to dig sopping wet sweaters out one at a time.... (p.s. I am DONE adulting for today.)

Swirl of bay rum, wood and most of all, beautiful carnations. I do not get the whiskey note. Drydown, the wood deepens while carnations stay strong. Totally lovely!

Without remembering the notes, I thought "wow! Clove single note!" But yeah that's spicy carnation! Sweet and strong but not cloying. It's the same top note as in Alice, to my nose, only richer somehow, more distinguished. It's really beautiful, but I honestly don't get any of the other notes.

I bought this scent on a whim, and what a pleasant surprise! Wet, it primarily smelled like sweet, boozy rum. Once it dried down, it smelled like a combination of carnations, rum, and whiskey with a hint of wood in the background to balance everything out. 

I did find that I had to let this one rest for a bit, though. The first time I tried it, it smelled like pencil shavings soaked in cheap whiskey. It wasn't until the second try that it really developed into a more balanced scent.

Wet: Orange Pekoe tea! Mmmm. I am sure it's the combination of whiskey, rum, and clovey carnation, but it's blending together to create a warm, delicious scent. I am definitely getting orange and a tea note along with the spice. I think there may be some cinnamon in addition to the carnation. About  five minutes later it's cinnamony clove, and the spice is now taking over, although I can still smell the orange. It's less tea and more if Big Red chewing gum made an orange flavour. Still pleasant, but I miss my tea. This one is taking a while to dry.

Drydown: It's pretty much the same as wet. Spicy orange, but it doesn't smell like potpourri or a candle. It's nice, but I have a lot of carnation/clove forward scents.

Three hours in everything settles, and I think that there may be amber in the base. It's basically a skin scent at this point. No hearth wood so far. It's very nice, but I wish the other notes wouldn't have been overtaken by the spice. I loved the depth and complexity of it when wet, and the final stage is nice but incredibly faint. I will keep the bottle because even though I own many like it, it's still pretty. Try this if you like Wan Wan, There Is No Bliss Like This, or if you love spicy carnations or amber.

4 out of 5 stars.

110% manly bay rum, and a whiff of hearth wood. No carnation, no whiskey. Just a fine, fancy bay rum. Definitely masculine on me. Great throw and wear length.