Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Single Note: Hag Musk

[No additional description given.]

In The Bottle: A rich "brown" musk.

Wet On Skin: A sifter, sweeter musk. It's 'warm' still, but it's shifted. It doesn't have the feral, animalistic quality it had in the bottle at this stage.

Dry Down: A far more subtle musk, considering how intensely it started off. It's still in the brown musk family to be sure, but it's less dense. Medium throw, sweet, I could see layering this with some of the more 'cold weather' scents, like Snake Charmer or Mme Moriarty. It's a single note for sure, but with a complexity that musk fans will love and appreciate.

This...is haggy! I love musks and "old lady" scents, but this...is not a musk I know. It's...definately brown smelling, but with a greenish edge, kind of soapy...maybe aldahydes? I usually find musks, sweet, round, scalpy...but this smells...off...abrasive... I don't find it comforting at all, which is a total shocker.

I love musk. It's the most common note in my whole collection. Hag musk?! Had to have it!

Wet: Mmm. Oh that's good. It's a really dark, murky musk. Not quite black, not Siberian. Not red. I recognize it though, I swear! This musk is in something I have...is it Chokmah that has this musk? Or maybe Panther Moon? Ooh, or Luna Negra maybe!! I will have to do some side by side testing to find out. Either way, dark murky musk (but not the slightly lemony black musk variety). Sweet, but not too sweet. Sinister. I like it.

Dry: So murky! This is a gritty, almost dirty (in a good way!) musk. It's dark, and sludgey and I like it.

Dark or Brown musk? This musk also smells kind of burgundy to my nose. It certainly isn't red musk, it might not be blood musk but there it is.

and...pine? There's a faintly camphorus element here. Does it have burgandy pine pitch? This is interesting and I'd wear it but I don't think I'll need a bottle.

I wasn't sure about this in the imp because it had a sort of camphorous smell to it. I'm not sure what that is. It smells like sex in the forest... and not in a good way. But on? Ooh, this is so good. It's sweet and... fizzy. Fizzy is a good word for this. It's sweet, thick, dark, a little dirty, and fizzy. This is an instant full bottle purchase for me. I'd wear it by itself or layer it with some of my warmer scents.

Edited by SunsetKay

Fuzzy brown musk. It's a little sweet, thick, dark and smells like there's a pinch of patchouli in this. Dark, rooty, musky. Good throw and wear length.

A better name for this would have been Mothball Musk.

Seriously, this smells like mothballs that got a bit of musk on them. Yuck!

In the decant and wet, Hag Musk is very enjoyable--rich, warm, musky and sweet. After it dries, some mystery note or notes (maybe camphor, or some other resin note I don't recognize?) start to morph into a sour, stale sweat scent on me. Drat. No bottle for this Hag.

I've tried this one on a couple times now and I'm inclined to agree that it's a warm brown musk.

Not really hag-like, though I don't really know what would constitute as "haggy".

I think this would layer well with other fragrances, not a full bottle need for me though

a cooking-like spice to the musk at first. overall a very brown musk. *Maybe* a bit of sweet dragon's blood...or a resin?

reminds me of other scents I like....but with a lighter throw

Soooo dark. Brown musk (at least from appearance). Slightly resinous, a touch of sweetness and warmth and something I can only describe as green (but that's not right either). As it dries it's quite astringent on the nose but eventually settles into a smoother musk. Good throw.

I generally love musk, but who knows what hag musk smells like? 

Apparently it smells like a brown musk in the bottle, with a faint hint of something faintly spicy?  It goes on a bit herbal or astringent with a strong backing of what still seems to be brown musk.  On the dry-down, the astringency is long gone and it's been replaced by a soft, close-to-the-skin, sort of spicy (where is that coming from?) musk with the faintest hint of powder if I smell really hard.

I mainly collect the weirdly named (and inspired) single notes because I love the weird factor, not because they're really wearable (necessarily), but this one is one of the wearable ones.  It'd make a nice layering note.

I have no idea why I didn’t get this scent it was released... but hey, better late than never. 

Its gorgeous! Super dark and feral in the bottle. On the skin a dirt note comes to the surface but the base is still that deep, warm brown musk. It softens and loses some of the sharp feral ness. Now it’s more like a warm, fluffy puppy who just came in from a romp outside. 

I don’t feel anything “haggy “ or witchy about it. Much more beautiful and comforting.