Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
biocarolyn

October Dusk Bath Oil

A quiet, warming blend of red maple, redwood, honey, and saffron.

This is amazing... it reapply teeters on the edge perfectly, not too sweet and not too woody. There is a strong hint of maple syrup, but I guess the redwood prevents it from smelling like pancakes and instead males it smell like forest. This is my clear favorite of 2016 Halloweenies.

I love this one!

It's a maple-laden autumn/winter scent.

I can detect the leaves, but this leaf note seems fresh, not dried.

It was so soothing that it put me right at ease to fall sound asleep after a thin application to my dry forearms.

This one is back-up bottle worthy!

October Dusk is beautiful. I agree with biocarolyn: this reminds a little bit of maple syrup, but without most of the sugar -- just that soft red maple note, with a little redwood behind it. It's also not very woody or leafy. Instead it's a nice balance between wood, leaves, and sweetness.

It smells like October made romantically red.

Holy crap this is glorious!! It's everything I wanted and a million times MORE. :heart:

Sweet yet elegant maple syrup and rich honey with a hint of saffron. It's sparkly yet sugary and kissed by the woods.

It literally smells like an enchanted fairy forest at dusk, with Titania and Oberon presiding over a party, decadent cakes spread all around, and rich gold and red light filtering through the trees.

Wowowow. So glad it's possible to literally bathe in this. It's a fantasy dreamworld I never want to leave.

It's literally everything I like in a blend. Creamy yet woodsy-smelling with a dappling of delicious gourmand notes.

I'm so flipping sad this is ONLY a bath oil though because I do find they lose their potency over the years (meaning I'm forced to use it all and can't save any for eternity).

I would horde a million bottles of this if it were an oil. :beg:

I am so sad, too, that this is "just" a bath oil! It has a mapley note, but it's not thick or cloying. It's like smelling the maple house, standing on the edge of the woods. It's warm, creamy, slightly incensey, but light...It doesn't smell like food or potpourri..it smells like warm skin and fall air! It's not aquatic or heavy or sour or dirty. It's my scent memory of fall in upstate NY in a bottle. This is it.

Edited by lookingglass

This is my ultimate autumn scent! Seriously, I need October Dusk perfume oil, hair gloss, and atmo spray, as well. Maybe next year?

Maple is the predominant note, but is nicely balanced by the dry wood and a touch of honey. I'm not sure my nose recognizes saffron, but if it's in this, it must be lovely. The whole is such a cozy, golden-brown scent.

This reminds me of growing up in Michigan and helping my aunt harvest sap from the maple trees in her woods and smell the rich brown sweetness come out as it got boiled down into syrup.