Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Dead Leaves, White Cedar, and Cinnamon Incense Smoke Hair Gloss

[No additional description given.]

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I've never been interested in the "dead leaves" note. But I like cedar and the notion of cinnamon incense (which I could not wear on my skin due to the incense amping and possibly the cinnamon irritating) was a strong pull to try this.

In the Bottle: Musty cedar. Like a stale cedar chest. Oh dear.

Wet in hair: Okay, at least the "musty" is not showing up, but it's still strongly just cedar. There's maybe the slightest hint of cinnamon in there.

After blow-drying: Harmony of a sort has been achieved. The "dead leaves" still seems to be mostly hiding in the cedar or incense, which has come out and brought a bit more cinnamon with it.

Verdict: I think I like it well enough to finish the bottle, but I'm not 100% sure I'd look for more. It's got the same natural, slightly quiet vibe of "Departing Like Smoke" but with a decidedly "forest" or "fall" character.

Ack! After the success I had with one of the Dead Leaves glosses from last year, I thought maybe my reading of the "leaves" note as celery was just a one-off thing with Harvest Moon '13, but alas! This is a very, very GREEN dead leaf note. Like... moist leaves in a leaf bag after a rainfall? Yeah. The cinnamon incense smoke is very nice, but the different notes all seem to be warring for dominance and aren't really meshing well. I'm going to let this sit for a while before retesting, but for now, it's not for me

:(

Edited by vthesiren

This is definitely my favorite of the current dead leaves hair glosses. Upon application it is very strongly dead leaves, with a hint of cedar. After it's been on for a while it is mostly single note dead leaf, with a slight hint of warm, spicy incense every once in a while. It's strong enough to smell it even if I have my hair up, and it lasted for three days. I love, love, love it.

UGH!!

Ok... I give up! I have tried many Dead Leaves things, and ALL of them smell like cheap. men's cologne. Maybe I never smelled real dead leaves, but I don't smell this walking outside through a pile of them.

This one though....is too much! Very headache inducing to me. All I smell is heavy cologne!! There is a dustiness to it, but really... I hope this fades fast because it is too heave for me. Sorry dead leaves....time to part ways!!! :sick2:

I get a lot of the Dead Leaves scent at first, almost an overpowering amount. But it fades just a little and the cedar comes out to meld with it. It's really lovely and woodsy. I don't get cinnamon at all, a little hint of smoke from the incense, but not a ton. Super strong lasting power though.

I'm editing this to add that this hair gloss lasted quite well for the three days bewteen my shampooing, and that after I washing my hair the cinnamon decided to make an apearance for at least a couple of hours.

Edited by Jackalope

The lab has a lo of dead leaves notes - some I love, some I hate.

This is one of the ones I love. Not sure how I feel about the cedar. I really wanted more cinnamon and incense. It's pleasant, and very leafy, but not wowing me.

I think this is the first Dead Leaves scent I've tried both from the Lab's and the Post's offerings, and if this one is typical, I'm definitely going to seek more out, I just don't know if I'll try to get more of this particular one, because there's so many I want to try.

To me it smells like a Dead Leaves single note, as there is only the merest hint of any other notes. That said, this is totally not what I expected, which was a dry, brown, crunchy leaf scent. Instead, this is a very green, almost juicy fragrance. It's dead leaves only because they've just been snapped off and thus are no longer attached to the living tree. It's a vibrant, leafy green scent, and I can see how some people get a cologne vibe, because I get that also, except... I love it! Fresh, green fragrances which may come off as traditionally "masculine" are *totally* my thing.

It's possible I'm getting something different than others have, due to having a decant, but I've been shaking it well before each use. (I have thick, long, dry hair, so I use 4-5 sprays each time.) This has moderate longevity (I estimate 3-6 hours,) but not much throw, so after about an hour I can only smell it if I bring my ponytail up for a sniff.

In summary: Dead Leaves, White Cedar and Cinnamon Incense Smoke is a divine, leafy green cologne for your hair, and if that's to your taste, give this a try! :wub3: