Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
b00cat

Vampire Red Hair Gloss

Red musk, sweet myrrh, blood honey, red patchouli, and red vetiver.

Vampire Red is all red musk and myrrh with just a touch of honey to sweeten it. (*this review is from a decant, btw). It's a very wearable red musk as some blends tend to be very assertive to me. Average throw. I sprayed it about 3 hours ago and I can catch whiffs of it when my hair moves.

The red musk combined with honey reminds me very much of Eldritch Dark HG..but obviously less "dark". The patchouli and vetiver are present but barely noticeable, this scent is all about red musk and myrrh. It's a very sexy scent. Definitely bottle worthy!

Dang. BPTP is on a roll with it this year. This is lovely! Vampire Red is a really sexy musky scent. It's sweet, warm, and enveloping. The red musk smells really similar to the musk in Hollywood Babylon. The only adds a slight sweetness that rounds out all the sexy muskiness going on and just makes it perfect.

Freshly sprayed (on the sleeve of my sweater, my hair already has HG in it) the red musk is prominent, as one would expect. The honey is there as well, and if there is a "blood" component to it, it's behaving itself well and not taking over. I get hints of smokiness from the vetiver. The patchouli adds a subtle woody/earthiness, but is not prominent at all. This is all about the sexy red musk, as one would expect from something called, "vampire red". I love red musk, and previously I would have said The Poem Cloud and Holliday were tied for my fave red musk HGs, but this one might actually top them. Excited to actually try it in my hair to see about staying power, but it's good and strong, with decent (but not obnoxious) throw from my sweater sleeve. Love this. Will have to pick up a full bottle, I think, or at least another decant.

ETA: I did order a full bottle. I cannot stress how good this is! I still love Holliday and Poem Cloud, but this is EVERYTHING. And it last forever. I just adore it. Top five HGs of all time, for sure. Maybe even top 3.

Edited by LizziesLuck

Red musk always smells like a red, glowing incense (often nag champa-esque) and a dark, fruity, rich, red wine, all wrapped up in a warm and sultry embrace. It's also a note that's super strong and tends to drown out whatever it's paired with on my skin. I don't really smell the patchouli or vetiver in this, but the honey adds some extra sweetness. Kind of reminds me of The Infernal Lover, but not as sweet, and this has a hint of smokiness in the drydown.

Gorgeous red musk and patchouli (make sure you shake this one good to mix everything!) and just enough vetiver to give this vampire a bite! This hair gloss is strong and very long-lasting in my hair. I really want to get a backup bottle because she's just different enough from all my other red musk hair glosses that I will be sad when she's gone.

I bought this for my Snake Oil loving teenage daughter- and really had to think twice about letting her out of the house wearing it!

This is some seriously sleek stuff! Imagine the worlds hippest, sexiest, head shop.

This is what I imagine Starr from "The Lost Boys" would smell like...if she were into leather mini skirts.

Vampy bohemian.

Snake Oil and Smut lovers take note. This one is some sexy red musk, with swirls of myrrh, patchouli and honey. This one is heady and vampy.

Very sexy. At first it is a little too much vetiver but it quickly settles into a lovely red musk and patchouli cloud. Heady and vampy (as Zankoku_Zen says).

Edited by joopjoop